How often and how to check tyre pressure?

Jj5599

I am not sure how much PSI reading to be optimal for tyres? And how do i know if it needs more pressure or not? I saw a gadget measuring PSI for $40, necessary?

↡ Advertisement

The driver's door side should have the PSI indicator. This is up to personal preference. I use the max and min and average them out.

A weekly or at least once every 2 week is recommended. No need to purchase the PSI kit, just drive over to the pump area when you are driving to a petrol kiosk.

The driver's door side should have the PSI indicator. This is up to personal preference. I use the max and min and average them out.

A weekly or at least once every 2 week is recommended. No need to purchase the PSI kit, just drive over to the pump area when you are driving to a petrol kiosk.

not all pump give the correct pressure reading. there are few give under reading.

I normally inflate tyre to 230 kg/cm2 once a fortnight, as it would have gone down to 215 by then. Do it when the tyre is cool to be more accurate. Thinking of increasing to 250 to improve fuel consumption as recommended in the manual.

I am not sure how much PSI reading to be optimal for tyres? And how do i know if it needs more pressure or not? I saw a gadget measuring PSI for $40, necessary?

I recall seeing a simple gadget at Daiso (IMM) selling at $2, IIRC.

Neutral Newbie

After you open the driver door, there should be a white sticker on either the door's edge or on the car body where the door fits into.

The sticker will state the pressure for front and rear tyres, but depending on the manufacturer, some will just state 1 value for each, or some will state max. (with heavy load) or min. (with light load) values.

getting a pressure gauge is better....autobacs selling around $15/-

check recommended pressure on owner's manual.

If tyre is hot-example after driving for a while always pump 4psi more than recommended.

cos as the tyre cools down your actually reading will be lower.

This is how I do it to ensure correct pressure always-every 2 weeks.

1.Pump tyre at petrol station--(+ 4psi more)

2.Next morning before moving off, check pressure with gauge.

3.Any excess, just release air little by little to recommeded spec.

4.check again with pressure gauge.

another reason why you should get a gauge is to check your tyre pressure every week when cold.

if any of the 4 tyres has a great difference then you know likely there is a leak!

:D

Looks like it's a Use N Throw away type tyre gauge. Save yr monies for a cup of kopi [sunny]

Edited by Yeobh

i usually pump my nitro to 35-36 psi about 1-2 times fornightly. I hit more than 2000km per month.

everytime i pump.. my tyres will prolly start from 33-34 psi... sometimes 32psi.

i usually pump my nitro to 35-36 psi about 1-2 times fornightly. I hit more than 2000km per month.

everytime i pump.. my tyres will prolly start from 33-34 psi... sometimes 32psi.

What is your tyre size?

just for info, i do tyre pressure check every weekend.

my stock tyres required 240KPa(front) and 220KPa(rear) something like that.

but i pump 250KPa(front) and 240KPa(rear).

after i changed my tyres from 17" to 19" + low profile, i do a trial-and-error and finalised with 270KPa(front) and 260KPa(rear).

so, i would recommend you to do a trial-and-error and feel which pressure best fit on your ride and your driving method.

most importantly is to fix a pump station, else buy a pressure gauge.

hope it helps~