Carbon Fibre Bonnet

YellowDog

Neutral Newbie

Hello good brothers...

I thinking of change my original bonet to Carbon fibre one... but then I hear that it is not lasting and may flight up suddenly when you are speeding...

So need some advise from good brothers here if that is true??

Anyway I play to buy those genuine CF one.. with the backbone.. So should be safe hor?? some of my friends say after 3 years plus, the bonnet catch

will crack and means dangerous to use or must change liao?? Any bros can advise on that??

I dun wanna end up spending money, they the CF bonnet can only use 2 to 3 years.. like bo hua leh like that sia!!

Thank you thank you bros... :D

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i don't know much about CF Bonnets so can't say much.. but one thing i do know that it is illegal in Singapore.. [;)]

Without backbone one is not legal..

With backbone one is acceptable... :D

Hello good brothers...

I thinking of change my original bonet to Carbon fibre one... but then I hear that it is not lasting and may flight up suddenly when you are speeding...

Anyway I play to buy those genuine CF one.. with the backbone.. So should be safe hor?? some of my friends say after 3 years plus, the bonnet catch

will crack and means dangerous to use or must change liao?? Any bros can advise on that??

I dun wanna end up spending money, they the CF bonnet can only use 2 to 3 years.. like bo hua leh like that sia!!

yo doggie, carbon fibre bonnet is definitely weaker then the factory ones. if ur afraid of 'flipping', go and install a pair of bonnet clips which cost abt $180 incl installation.

and yes, I'm using seibon style cf bonnet but the bonnet clips are still in my boot for more then 3 month Liao.. haha.. very lazy to go install.

I think so long as u wax the bonnet regularly the lacquer shd stay for a long time. if all else fails, can always go for relacquer.

Neutral Newbie

yo doggie, carbon fibre bonnet is definitely weaker then the factory ones. if ur afraid of 'flipping', go and install a pair of bonnet clips which cost abt $180 incl installation.

and yes, I'm using seibon style cf bonnet but the bonnet clips are still in my boot for more then 3 month Liao.. haha.. very lazy to go install.

I think so long as u wax the bonnet regularly the lacquer shd stay for a long time. if all else fails, can always go for relacquer.

Thank you bro thank you...

so meaning to say with this bonnet clip and proper take care, it should last longer without cracking right? If crack liao die die must change bo??

Your intercooler is front mount?? :D Cus the scoop will be gone after change to CF bonnet right?

Neutral Newbie

Hello good brothers...

who told you CF bonnet lasts 2 to 3 yrs? :D

as mentioned before if you are afraid that your bonnet will fly up, just install the bonnet pins.

so far for mine its okie.

i don't know much about CF Bonnets so can't say much.. but one thing i do know that it is illegal in Singapore.. [;)]

Haha..think you should really read up before posting such advise...Those with 'backbones' are street legal.

Thank you bro thank you...

so meaning to say with this bonnet clip and proper take care, it should last longer without cracking right? If crack liao die die must change bo??

Your intercooler is front mount?? :D Cus the scoop will be gone after change to CF bonnet right?

Hello good brothers...

What i recommand you is. You take your Factory Original Metal Bonnet and wrap with Carbon Fibre Sticker, then you go to shops to laminate it.

Neutral Newbie

as mentioned before if you are afraid that your bonnet will fly up, just install the bonnet pins.

really arr bro?? Thank you for the advise.

Means that with the bonnet clip, it will last more than 3 year

without the bonnet flying up at high speed??

[:p]

Neutral Newbie

The CF won't crack so easily. ITs the coating on top that cracks over time. YOu can just spray paint can liao.

I will buy the OWS miracle concourse refinisher and maintain the

bonnet regularly,.

Like that the coating on top should be able to last one....

[laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Ooh yes bro, is there any way you close your bonnet?? Eg cannot slam down and must press on the centre potion lightly to

close the bonet?? :D

Neutral Newbie

Haha..think you should really read up before posting such advise...Those with 'backbones' are street legal.

Yeah i guess i should.. previously i was reading another thread here which stated that it was illegal.. need to do more research before i post.. my bad! :D

Ooh yes bro, is there any way you close your bonnet?? Eg cannot slam down and must press on the centre potion lightly to

close the bonet?? :D

i will put down and press hard to lock it

Where do you guys buy the CF bonnet for specific car models?

My bonnet too many dents cannot tahan wanna change it !

Appreciate [;)]

So far i been using my blue cf bonnet for more then half a yr already.. Mine no backbone :) And i wax it regularly and so far i nv heard of cf bonnet flipping up or anything and yes u cannot slam them.. How i close my bonnet is i pull down slowly and then my 2 palms press against the bottom centre to close it.. once u hear the sound u know is lock..

↡ Advertisement