Why buying cars from dealers might be better.

Vhtfhwlego

Ad by direct owner:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...127&DL=1000

$55,000 for 2006 Impreza 1.6A.

WRX Bonnet, Bodykit, Sports Rims, Rear Spoiler, Subaru Front/Back Decal, Exhaust Tip, Alpine MP3/WMA Player, Solar Tint, Black Leather Seats.

Cheapest In Town, Regular Serviced, Executive Car, Price Lowered As Letting Go In August. Viewing At Tanah Merah! Going Overseas

For this price, you can get a WRX with change.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/listing...&MOD=Subaru Impreza&AVL=2

↡ Advertisement

Many "direct owners" are actually dealers. Trust noone.

I cannot agree with you more...

i put my car up for sale and i asked 'you dealer'...bugger said 'private buyer'...

i told him 'you sound uneducated and like ah long'..surely you car dealer....and told him.,..u understand engrish...NO DEALERS [laugh][laugh]

who they trying to bluff

and i get SMSes and saying they buy this price...and i say, you think i stupid

Turbocharged

If price ok then sell to them lor.

Problem is price is usually way below market so it really pisses you off talking to such people :D

If price ok then sell to them lor.

Problem is price is usually way below market so it really pisses you off talking to such people :D

exactly...and the chow ah beng attitude with lack of EQ and the like...knn, i told them i will donate the car [:p] [:p]

cb.... how to reject...might be a genuine EDUCATED BUYER as opposed to an uneducated bloodr car dealer....nb

I really try to buy from real owners if I can, cos dealers take in car at a price & w/o knowledge of its history. For far, buying from owners is a better experience for me. Is there a reason to give profit to another person? I dont find dealers value add at all.

I really try to buy from real owners if I can, cos dealers take in car at a price & w/o knowledge of its history. For far, buying from owners is a better experience for me. Is there a reason to give profit to another person? I dont find dealers value add at all.

Just wondering. Real owners will also lie right? i know my camp WO did that and happily tell us the bugger dont know he kenna accident before [sweatdrop]

yeah...and i prefer direct buyers so that i can contact the fella asking if all is ok and my ride too.....

Of course, but they lie unprofessionally, Dealers lie so often, they r like telling the truth..Anyway for owners what they say must match with condition of car...otherwise walk away.

Just wondering. Real owners will also lie right? i know my camp WO did that and happily tell us the bugger dont know he kenna accident before [sweatdrop]

then those owners have a career cut out for them in 2nd hand car dealership [laugh] [laugh]

Ya, but sometimes car owners can give fake history too.

As I was a dealer before, I fake another dealer for my own personal car. Dealer is my Ex-boss' friend and we deal before in another deal, took up so much of my time, drove up to him, drove him & his colleague to another place for him and his colleague to sell the car to his customer. Deal close and me drove back to office. The next day, I and my colleague drove to his office dropped the car there and drove myself back... At the end of the month, no comission for me....

When I resigned and found my career in shipping, I bought myself a car... I total lost my car and got it repair. Trade in for a new car Honda Fit. Without him viewing, he asked me whether got accident before, I told him, only minor from the rear by previous owner.... Then he said ok, after viewing, he push $500 off my car price from his quoted price.... I was like "ok" lor.... He took in my car and export the car shortly after...

Another time, a direct seller wish to sell us his car (when I am in used car trade)... He had his mileage adjusted and when we said we can only take in how much, he said no, mileage not being adjusted... But after neg, we took in the car. After few days, new buyer came and requested for inspection, we failed it due to the adjustment of mileage...

Once I were to look around for a used car for my buddy, we saw a black Mazda 3... The lady owner said accident free but after my inspectation, front driver side damaged. I told her, this is a accident vehicle and you trying to fake it off...

I would say most private owner will also fake the history to the new owner for him to get a little more... Buy from dealers gives a hassle free transaction....

Dealer cant even tell you when the last oil change, so why buy from them? What can dealer offer me that is value add? Service? Warranty? Air Fresher? Clocked car?

Many people would often sell to Dealers their problem cars cos they pai seh to sell to someone & then that someone would call them up & say Wahliew you bluff me etc etc ..You r cheater etc etc. So they rather sell their lemons to dealer even at lower price so they dont want problems. So if you like to pay extra to get lemons dealers r the way to go [laugh]

Edited by Zanter
↡ Advertisement