Anyone watching YOG games?

Kxbc

Turbocharged

As above.

I caught some of the games on TV and noted the following:

Diving

The boys were in top physical shape as is normal for most atheletes esp divers since they need to be pretty streamlined to reduce splash when they hit the water.

H/w, with the exception of the Chinese and M'sian, the girl divers were all pretty out of shape physically. They still can dive but would not a slimmer profile help their scores? I do remember the top female divers like Fu Ming Xia and Guo Jin Jin were pretty streamlined.

3000m Girls Track

Winning time was 9:10+ min for 3km. My goodness! In my prime at 19 yo, I can only max out a 10m for a 2.4m. If I add in another 600m, my timing would have been 12 minutes minimum. Now no need to say lah. [laugh] Those girls are damn fast.

Who here can now or did run 3km sub 10 min before? [grin]

Gymnastics

As usual, solid. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

The winner of the 100m hurdles girl's race quite chio. Russian girl. Her 6 pack is damn tekong.

Has been watching daily once I'm home...family affair...

quite interesting to hear the thoughts of the winners when interviewed..no pretense and quite innocent too...

some funny moments too...saw the guy from Brazil completely disappear into the water obstacle in the steeple chase...

The other one was the goalie for handball from cook island...he was laughing and enjoying himself though their team lost quite badly to Singapore....

Turbocharged

Yup, the innocence in some of the competitors are a welcome change. I have seen serious competitors become cheeky teenagers making faces at the camera while they lined up for the medal presentation.

↡ Advertisement