At Last, National Stadium Coming Down

Maxus-MIFA9

After so many years and even last memory celebration, the stadium is coming to an end in October ........ :ph34r:

Up and coming is a new Sport Hub....... [:)]

CNA news: Sports Hub to open by April 2014

After being stalled for nearly two years due to the global financial downturn, the Sports Hub project will finally kick into gear.

On Wednesday, the Singapore Sports Council (SSC) signed the contract with the Singapore Sports Hub Consortium to design, build, finance and operate the Sports Hub for the next 25 years on a 35-hectare site in Kallang.

Demolition of the National Stadium, which sits on the site, will begin in October, and the new facility will open its doors by April 2014.

Should they had done it 2 years ago, this could be the YOG venue ..... :blink:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

No Malaysia cup soccer game....National stadium is never the same since 1992......The roar was long gone [:(]

kana con 2 years ago to take memory pictures of the stadium which was organised but still standing until now......

still remember some soccer games continuing after announcement of closure ...... [mad]

kana con 2 years ago to take memory pictures of the stadium which was organised but still standing until now......

still remember some soccer games continuing after announcement of closure ...... [mad]

sikali they organized another memorial to earn money again... you didn't tear a piece of the stadium as memorial token??

Turbocharged

The grand old lady . . [bigcry][wave]

I was 7 when it was officially opened for the SEAP Games in 1973.

Are they selling the bricks?

If 1 brick sell for $1 and there are 1.3b bricks, then the project is 100% financed liao. [laugh]

hmmmm............... still prefer the plastic seat from the grandstand where I always watch the M'Cup ........... :ph34r:

During the M.Cup days, tpt was a big problem. So what if you have your own tpt, you may be parking at KFC or Mac.

These days, you have the station right at the doorstep. Back then we do have a fun time walking from NS to North Bridge Road along the Nicoll Highway. We simply overwhelmed the cars after the game.

I do hope they retain the 'drinks, keropok'service in the new stadium.

After you sat in them, all crack liow. [laugh] [laugh]

hmmmm............... still prefer the plastic seat from the grandstand where I always watch the M'Cup ........... :ph34r:

Bricks? Give you the wooden seat......all rotten one....haha

Finally its about time. Some stadiums has really outlive her usefulness.

Will it be Burned down or using Demolition?

Always wanted to see a live event of a building come down using dynamite, like what I see in Discovery channel.

↡ Advertisement