Directasia & Aviva

Titank

Heard so far these 2 insurance companies are competiting. Any pros & cons that you had discovered so far?
↡ Advertisement

Hi,

Aviva all go through internet.

Ihave an accident but it's not my fault,kenna bang from the back,all cliamed from third party.

Aviva website state that I must declare regardless whether the fault lie with me.

Upon declaring,the premium jump S$600 extra.What the s--t.

I call aviva and ask,to my surprise the operator told me

she also do not know why,she say the internet all automated one.

Neutral Newbie

hihi...

pros....its cheaper by 20%

cons....if after u renewd n they checked found that some details that u declare incorrectly...policy will be cancel n ask u go find other insurance(happened to a fren of mine)

for direct asia they dun take high performance cars.

imho...best is to get the qoutes and go dwn personally to clarify every details and renew n pay for ur policy....this way save time n all the trouble later....

but aviva dont offer NCD protection.

NCD protection?!!! LPPL. All they need is to jack up your premiums next year and for all we know how they arrived at the premiums is a big Q? Ever wonder why every year with higher NCD discount, your premiums still UP.

Edited by Kangadrool

Personally I don't recommend these 2. There are some clauses that are not covered under the standard insurance coverage as compared to the other big insurance companies out there. So in order to make it comprehensive enough, they increase the premium...

Neutral Newbie

Personally I don't recommend these 2. There are some clauses that are not covered under the standard insurance coverage as compared to the other big insurance companies out there. So in order to make it comprehensive enough, they increase the premium...

Aviva is small compared to big insurance company like Lonpac? Ok..

u sure u selling insurance?

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Aviva all go through internet.

Ihave an accident but it's not my fault,kenna bang from the back,all cliamed from third party.

Aviva website state that I must declare regardless whether the fault lie with me.

Upon declaring,the premium jump S$600 extra.What the s--t.

I call aviva and ask,to my surprise the operator told me

she also do not know why,she say the internet all automated one.

when I key in the quote, there is a dop down box asking for the number of claims in the past 3 years. The condition states that "You dont have to tell us about the accidents when there is no injury and when the other party is 100% liable ............". So for this option, you can choose 0 claim for the past 3 years and your premium should not be affected.

If the conditions are met, you can safely say that you have 0 claim in past 3 years.

i bought from direct asia. my premium is $966:

Comprehensive Coverage

40% NCD

No offence discount

$0 excess

Windscreen $100 excess

My own workshop

Loss of use $50 per day

Repatriation cost

3rd party property damage

India Insurance from SGCARQUOTE quoted me $804 with $500 excess. Decided to go with Direct Asia as it's from Munich RE.

my car is mazda 2 and i got my license in 1994.

I found that the quotation from Directasia varies a lot on whether u want the renewal to be immediate, 1 month or 2 months from now. The premium will also increase significantly if your age is 36 and below.

Neutral Newbie

Heard so far these 2 insurance companies are competiting. Any pros & cons that you had discovered so far?

Im an independent broker...

I will not suggest going to DirectAsia... Duno how good they are actually.

Scully one year later close how... -.-''

Aviva wise not sure yet. As they do not have claims experiences yet.

Furthermore quoted online.... Duno what "pattern" they will have when it comes to claims.

If u guys wana have good quotes, can feel free to email me at [email protected]

I have most of the motor insurance companies in town.

Sure to have a good bargain...

& Definitely a piece of Mind... ^^

Cheers :)

Im an independent broker...

I will not suggest going to DirectAsia... Duno how good they are actually.

Scully one year later close how... -.-''

Aviva wise not sure yet. As they do not have claims experiences yet.

Furthermore quoted online.... Duno what "pattern" they will have when it comes to claims.

If u guys wana have good quotes, can feel free to email me at [email protected]

I have most of the motor insurance companies in town.

Sure to have a good bargain...

& Definitely a piece of Mind... ^^

Cheers :)

Bro,

can PM me your HP no? my fren getting a used car on thursday. need u to provide quotation.

Neutral Newbie

Hey everyone needs to be know that insurance changed this year more like other countries. Avivva and DirectAsia both sell direct save u the agent commission at about 15% or $150+. See no insurance agent/broker will recommend them as they wan pay them commission. Get their price against broker quote as the broker wan tell you . They will say claims no good or maybe not here next year - they get commission from other insurance company !!! [;)]

Neutral Newbie

DirectAsia is not a insurance company...they are also broker...I renewed my insurance with RSA thru them...

like to make a correction. DirectAsia is an insurance company, certified by MAS and part of the GIA in Singapore.

↡ Advertisement