Firenza ST08 vs Kumho KU31

Aaronlkl

Guys need some help

Is there a different between Kumho KU31 versus Kumho Ecsta HM KH31

Tyrepac now having promotion....

http://www.tyrepac.com/Form/B2C/ViewBrandD...sta%20HM%20KH31

not the same... ku31 is ultra performance tyre.... i think this hm kh31 is a comfort tyre, which means, quite tyre for day to day ride but dont expect to perform as well as ku31 on wet and hard braking... ..... [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Thanks bro...

not the same... ku31 is ultra performance tyre.... i think this hm kh31 is a comfort tyre, which means, quite tyre for day to day ride but dont expect to perform as well as ku31 on wet and hard braking... ..... [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Just bought a set of KU31 205/45/16 from Arrow.

How do I check the manufactured date? Saw a number with an oval border (3010). Is that the one? How to read it?

Thanks

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

How do I check the manufactured date? Saw a number with an oval border (3010). Is that the one? How to read it?

Thanks

ya manufactureed 30th week of 2010

Hi all,

Thanks

hi bro, how much u bot it at arrow? $110/pc ??

Neutral Newbie

hi bro, how much u bot it at arrow? $110/pc ??

Sorry bro, did not ask for a breakdown of e cost (should haf done so)!

I burst my left back along kpe, dunno y got nail there, so drag all e way back to s'goon north Arrow.

Assume my rims may be damaged as well, so decided to change e whole set.

A very young looking boss, Alvin, quoted me $1200 for 16" chrome plated rims with KU31 tyres 205/45/16.

But he only took in my previous 15" rims n tyres for $150, saying 1 set has damaged (I assume otherwise $200), so ended up paying $1050.

Not sure if I was overcharged, did not ask too much as I needed to use e car urgently...

Thanks for letting me know e date of manu.

Some additional info:

- Not pushy, very friendly

- 16" rims is nice n light, could easily lift up with 1 arm

- Service was really fast. I was out within 30 mins!

AFI:

- Told me tyres were MIK, but in fact MIV.

- (3010) means I'm buying a tyre made in mid Feb, 9 months old....

Edited by DingDang

Amendments to my last statement,

(3010) means I'm buying a tyre made in mid july, 4 months old...

Thx 4 the info, but anyway i had called arrow ty_re and check. $110/pc for 205/45/16.

stock left over there is dated 3110. which is aug 10.

now very hard 2 find MIK tyre n alot places MIV also no stock.

i had call chen jin, soh bro, tyre pac also. all no stock for ku31.

soh bro price the lowest.

but think i go arrow ty_re better, since i need repair my rim (kerb rash).

firenza is a private label rubber which the company does only marketing and all the rubber are contract manufactured to tyre manufacturer (dont know who),and generally this rubber are produced at cost base( can say nearly very low R&D cost thus the rubber sell so low price)

unlike Kumho is a quite well know korean brand ( a little bit more reputatble),this company at very least will want to safe guard their own brand name.

to me tyre is the only 4 contacts , go for more premium product always made my driving Peace of mind.

If cost is really important to you i will say save money from sometime else and invest them here.

we are looking for tyre( finished product from Rubber with quality)

Not looking for rubber(raw material)

I just changed to KU31 205/45/16 at $110/pc from p-- ---g at amk ave 10.. St08 is $100/pc.. On choosing between these 2, it's a no brainer.. The KU31s outperforms the ST08s in every segment.. Performance is very good considering the price.. Was using Falken ZE522 before this, the KU31 is still better in terms of control esp in the wet.. Noise level is decent, much quieter den the Firenzas and slightly better den the Falkens..

I'm gonna see the threadwear, if it's decent I'm sure my next set of tyres wld be these as well..

Edited by Metalsubzero

Hi Bros, any idea where to buy KU31 at a best price for 215/45/17? Please advise the place and selling price...

Thank you...