Cable to link Iphone 3 to LCD TV

Donut

Supercharged

i wan to watch video from iphone 3 on LCD TV.

i know i need to buy some kind of cable to link both.

saw the original Apple cable, its almost $80.

any one knows whether i can get cheaper kind?

thanks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i wan to watch video from iphone 3 on LCD TV.

i know i need to buy some kind of cable to link both.

saw the original Apple cable, its almost $80.

any one knows whether i can get cheaper kind?

thanks

I think the $80 is the safest one.. I got a 'cheaper' one from ebay for $25 i think but can't work.. only got sound but no picture..

I think the $80 is the safest one.. I got a 'cheaper' one from ebay for $25 i think but can't work.. only got sound but no picture..

i bought from apple online store.....delivered to my house....open package...and vola...it can't work....returned the item to apple for a full refund.....

BTW: That time was using 3GS on iOS3.x.x

i bought from apple online store.....delivered to my house....open package...and vola...it can't work....returned the item to apple for a full refund.....

why cannot work leh??

Neutral Newbie

muahahahaha... and i thought they would have made sure the thing work before selling them... [laugh]

only certain apps have video out feature. e.g photo,

unlike a notebook/pc ,for an unjailbreak iphone, u will not get the iphone screen on the tv/lcd

Yes...same here..got one from Ebay....bloody hell..it doesn;t work

i bought from apple retailer for ipod touch. no need jailbreak. also works for youtube movies.

the resolution is very sharp for NORMAL DEFINITION TV (if your video quality is good in the first place). doubt iphone/pod can output full HD quality for the latest HD TVs but i'm very satisfied with the quality.

Dealextreme can check the comments by users. so read before u buy lo.

Bot a 1m charging and syncing cable for my iphone. $2 usd nia. Free shipping.

The standard iphone original one is $12.

Timely thread! I was just searching for a cable to link my iPhone4 to my TV; heard that it is a hdmi cable?

Can anyone advise where to get & cheap lobang? Kam sia...

Timely thread! I was just searching for a cable to link my iPhone4 to my TV; heard that it is a hdmi cable?

Can anyone advise where to get & cheap lobang? Kam sia...

Sim Lim Square :D

An article on the type of cables and what it can do

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-200440...uch-to-your-tv/

How to connect an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to your TV

Connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to your TV is simple, but you have to select the right cables first.

Your iOS device is good for accessing media on the go, but there may be times when you want to share your movies, photos, and music, or play games on a TV. Connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to your TV is simple, but you have to select the right cables first.

HDMI adapter

Apple's Digital AV Adapter is the highest-quality video transfer, and is the only cable that will do mirroring with the iPad 2. It's also compatible with the iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch (fourth generation). When you've connected your television with the iPad 2, everything you see and hear (even games!) will be mirrored on your TV. For all other devices, only video-enabled apps (like YouTube, Netflix, or stored videos), music, and photos can be displayed on your TV.

Resolution: 1080p (except videos are 720p)

Component cable

This cable doesn't do mirroring, but it will route video-enabled apps, photos, and music to your TV. It's compatible with all iPhones, all iPod Touches, both iPads, the iPod Nano (3rd generation and later), and the iPod Classic.

An interesting development is that some games, like Rage HD (for the iPhone 4), have been optimized to work with this cable. The iPhone becomes the controller, and gameplay is displayed on your TV.

Resolution: 480p-576p or 480i-576i

Composite cable

Only video-enabled apps, photos, and music can be routed to your TV with the composite cable. However, if you have an older TV, this might be your only option. It's compatible with nearly all mobile Apple devices.

Resolution: 480i

AirPlay

With an Apple TV, you can use the AirPlay feature and avoid cables altogether. Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, select the video you want to watch from your device, and press the AirPlay button (it's hidden when you're not on the network). Select "Apple TV," and your content will begin streaming. Use Air Play to stream photos, videos, or music to your TV.

↡ Advertisement