PSLE students left waiting in the rain before oral exam

Jp66

what the f*%& is this....... [furious]

http://edvantage.com.sg/edvantage/schoops/...aminations.html

Furious parent questions if this is how the school 'prepares' students for exams.

A group of Primary Six students were left waiting in the rain just before their PSLE oral examinations on Aug 20, leaving at least one parent fuming.

They were locked out of school and according to a contributor to STOMP, the security guard refused to let them in even though it was raining heavily.

The contributor, Teow, described the incident in an email:

"My daughter is a pupil of Boon Lay Garden Primary School, who is sitting for her PSLE oral examination this morning.

"She was told to report to the school before 9.30am to sit for her exam. As my wife and I had to go to work, I arranged for my brother-in-law to send her to school this morning.

"Since my daughter told us that they had to wait outside the gate until their allocated time, I thought the school will make alternative arrangements as it is was raining quite heavily.

"But when my brother-in-law reached there around 9am with my daughter, he was surprised to see that there were a lot of PSLE pupils waiting outside the gate in the rain.

"He spoke to the school's security officer to let the pupils into the school and wait at the covered link-way since it is was raining so heavily.

post-65725-1282956963_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

what the f*%& is this....... [furious]

http://edvantage.com.sg/edvantage/schoops/...aminations.html

Furious parent questions if this is how the school 'prepares' students for exams.

A group of Primary Six students were left waiting in the rain just before their PSLE oral examinations on Aug 20, leaving at least one parent fuming.

They were locked out of school and according to a contributor to STOMP, the security guard refused to let them in even though it was raining heavily.

The contributor, Teow, described the incident in an email:

"My daughter is a pupil of Boon Lay Garden Primary School, who is sitting for her PSLE oral examination this morning.

"She was told to report to the school before 9.30am to sit for her exam. As my wife and I had to go to work, I arranged for my brother-in-law to send her to school this morning.

"Since my daughter told us that they had to wait outside the gate until their allocated time, I thought the school will make alternative arrangements as it is was raining quite heavily.

"But when my brother-in-law reached there around 9am with my daughter, he was surprised to see that there were a lot of PSLE pupils waiting outside the gate in the rain.

"He spoke to the school's security officer to let the pupils into the school and wait at the covered link-way since it is was raining so heavily.

dont sound right. they will have a waiting area inside the school not outside area. plus if its really waiting outside the school. how come only 6 students? Are they late??

the principal should be fired [rifle]

think a bit deeper.

student taking PSLE wont be waiting outside the school. it will be inside at the school holding area.

ever incure to you that they are actually waiting for their friends to finish instead of waiting for their turn?

we have all been to primary school. so let us use a bit of logic here.

(edited)

think a bit deeper.

student taking PSLE wont be waiting outside the school. it will be inside at the school holding area.

ever incure to you that they are actually waiting for their friends to finish instead of waiting for their turn?

we have all been to primary school. so let us use a bit of logic here.

don't torture me le, how to recall 1978 activity, I can only remember playing marble, catching spider.... [:p]

Edited by Jp66

dont sound right. they will have a waiting area inside the school not outside area. plus if its really waiting outside the school. how come only 6 students? Are they late??

even if they are late, this is exceptional situation RAINING, the school should have let them waited in a classroom.

don't torture me le, how to recall 1978 activity [:p]

Ever wait for exam to start while waiting outside school gates because its a school rule?? no right?? [laugh]

Ever wait for exam to start while waiting outside school gates because its a school rule?? no right?? [laugh]

well, elite always think of out the box, I am not at that level yet [:p]

well, elite always think of out the box, I am not at that level yet [:p]

There are things we can blame the Elite. but i dont think this is one of them.

its more like stomper anyhow stomping for this case.

common sense will tell you that school will not allow student taking PSLE to be outside the school when PSLE is going on.

why??

Simple logic that those leaving the school can go and tell the later student what are the topics about and hence gave them time to prepare for their oral.

There are things we can blame the Elite. but i dont think this is one of them.

its more like stomper anyhow stomping for this case.

common sense will tell you that school will not allow student taking PSLE to be outside the school when PSLE is going on.

why??

Simple logic that those leaving the school can go and tell the later student what are the topics about and hence gave them time to prepare for their oral.

hmmmm, make sense [thumbsup]

there's always a waiting room after you've taken your ORAL exam i think....

there's a 15mins buffer time....

so even if you're the first to take the exam,

you still gotta wait for 15mins, before the invidualators allows you to leave....

i agree with you...because if they are outside......they will know things that leak outside!!...but well if it is not true....the person is guilty of a very serious offence leh...because he cited something that didn't even happen leh !!!!

there's always a waiting room after you've taken your ORAL exam i think....

there's a 15mins buffer time....

so even if you're the first to take the exam,

you still gotta wait for 15mins, before the invidualators allows you to leave....

Yeah, those who go up first, and finish earliest, are "quarantined" to prevent question leaking out. Quite normal practice. But much depends on individual schools, I guess.

I'd be surprised if students have to wait outside the gate. They can just be "quarantined" in a classroom while waiting for their turn.

small wonder that singapore is number 1 at everything. only care about result oriented and forget about the humanity aspect.

i would take the consideration of the health before bothering if they managed unfair advantage.

i think more likely a case of security guard misintepreting instructions, or just plain guailan. I've met my fair share of security guards that throw their weight around and purposely make life difficult for others.....maybe it's just an ego trip to make up for the lack of fulfillment in their own lives. No school principal in the right frame of mind will disallow students to come in and wait instead of being in the rain...it doesn't take a genius to know the amount of shite that will bring lol

↡ Advertisement