NATAS Fair: Any bro went?

Vroomtattat

Went to check out the fair this afternoon. The roads leading up to the S'pore Expo carparks were jammed packed! [sweatdrop]

Should have planned ahead and go in through XiLin Ave and Changi South Ave 1 instead of the main road.

In the end, decided to park at the carpark at Halls 7 - 10 and it was a wise choice. [nod]

Managed to book a tour package to Japan around December. The Expo Hall 5 was packed like sardines too.

What a day! [sleeping]

Any bro been/going there? Please heed my advice and save yourselve the hassle and headache. [smash]

Good Luck! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Went to check out the fair this afternoon. The roads leading up to the S'pore Expo carparks were jammed packed! [sweatdrop]

Should have planned ahead and go in through XiLin Ave and Changi South Ave 1 instead of the main road.

In the end, decided to park at the carpark at Halls 7 - 10 and it was a wise choice. [nod]

Managed to book a tour package to Japan around December. The Expo Hall 5 was packed like sardines too.

What a day! [sleeping]

Any bro been/going there? Please heed my advice and save yourselve the hassle and headache.

Good Luck!

wanted to check out the japan tour also this afternoon but... but...after second thought, i didnt go.. reason is i hate crowd and i know it's going to be super duper crowded and jammed packed.... wise choice it seems..... [laugh]

btw, bro, from which tour agent and how much is your japan package?.. [:)] ..

i was googling out japan package awhile ago and it seems like smelly smelly need ~8K+ for me,wife and 3+yrs old son to hokkaido..... [sweatdrop]

Twincharged

went there in the morning abt 10:15am .... park at the carpark just after the barrier and walked to the hall 3 and then walked back all the way to hall 6 to join the q to enter the hall 3.

but the q was relatively fast, and it wasn't very crowded yet at that time

actually, my mom and sis went yesterday to book a package to Taiwan in Nov .... and i only go this morning to pay up !!

used HSBC MC and got a 24" hardcase trolley bag.

then MC also have sure win lucky draw which i got a sling pouch.

as for the Taiwan trip, the Taiwan travel board gave out a voucher for a goodie bag only to be collected by the tourist when they are in Taiwan and 2 rubber bag tags. you can also get the tiger lantern if you wanted.

wanted to check out the japan tour also this afternoon but... but...after second thought, i didnt go.. reason is i hate crowd and i know it's going to be super duper crowded and jammed packed.... wise choice it seems.....

btw, bro, from which tour agent and how much is your japan package?..

i was googling out japan package awhile ago and it seems like smelly smelly need ~8K+ for me,wife and 3+yrs old son to hokkaido.....

Brudder, I hate crowds too but no choice, CO insisted on going. [:(]

I'm going with Ch** Br*****s and you are right about the smelly smelly part . . . [lipsrsealed] I mean the price lah . . . [laugh]

Total damage almost 9K due to the fact that my sonny needs to pay adult fare [:p] 12 years old le . .

Price is inclusive of airport tax of about $900.

Good luck on your search for the tour package . . . [;)]

went there in the morning abt 10:15am .... park at the carpark just after the barrier and walked to the hall 3 and then walked back all the way to hall 6 to join the q to enter the hall 3.

but the q was relatively fast, and it wasn't very crowded yet at that time

actually, my mom and sis went yesterday to book a package to Taiwan in Nov .... and i only go this morning to pay up !!

used HSBC MC and got a 24" hardcase trolley bag.

then MC also have sure win lucky draw which i got a sling pouch.

as for the Taiwan trip, the Taiwan travel board gave out a voucher for a goodie bag only to be collected by the tourist when they are in Taiwan and 2 rubber bag tags. you can also get the tiger lantern if you wanted.

Aiyoh don't talk about the lucky draw, got myself 3 small packets of washing powder [laugh][laugh]

They should have given out disposable undies instead [blush]

Aiyoh don't talk about the lucky draw, got myself 3 small packets of washing powder [laugh][laugh]

They should have given out disposable undies instead [blush]

[laugh] the washing powder is meant for your trip... just nice for washing underwear.... [laugh]

wanted to check out the japan tour also this afternoon but... but...after second thought, i didnt go.. reason is i hate crowd and i know it's going to be super duper crowded and jammed packed.... wise choice it seems.....

btw, bro, from which tour agent and how much is your japan package?..

i was googling out japan package awhile ago and it seems like smelly smelly need ~8K+ for me,wife and 3+yrs old son to hokkaido.....

not as crowded as IT show, no bad la, I was there 2-7pm

booked 7D/5N hokkaido with "Dam" Ho [thumbsup]:D , I think this is the best deal comparing to other. It includes one night stay at Rusutsu Ski Resort with ski equipment that other don't have except ctc.

Paid by DBS MasterCard, but BDS trolley already fully redeemed [mad] , so only managed get a bag from MasterCard [:)]

Lucky dip kenna 4 SISTIC $20 vouchers, 1 CapitaLand $10 voucher.

my sis and my family, 8 pax, total $21k

Edited by Jp66

I went down too today. Initially not so crowded in early noon but super crowd in eveningt time lor. Went with my family and relatives. Entrance fees already cost us 40 dollars Liao as there were ten of us. Not to mentioned the package damage done.

not as crowded as IT show, no bad la, I was there 2-7pm

booked 7D/5N hokkaido with "Dam" Ho [thumbsup]:D , I think this is the best deal comparing to other. It includes one night stay at Rusutsu Ski Resort with ski equipment that other don't have except ctc.

Paid by DBS MasterCard, but BDS trolley already fully redeemed [mad] , so only managed get a bag from MasterCard [:)]

Lucky dip kenna 4 SISTIC $20 vouchers, 1 CapitaLand $10 voucher.

my sis and my family, 8 pax, total $21k

hehehe... did i mentioned i stop going to any it show for many dongkey years already?..... [:p] .... seems like many is targetting hokkaido hor.... [:p]

I will just share with you guys my views, and this was supported by my friend who is working for the travel agencies. NATAS Fair are not the cheapest deal that you guys can ever get

In fact it get more expensive if you did your homework right. The real deal are usually those pre Natas fair or any tour booked before NATAS.

Usually by NATAS quite a number of the tours are on "confirmed" dates and it's no secret that confirmed dates are more expensive. But if you happen to book before the confirmed dates, you would have saved 100-200 off depending on your destination. No worries because your not confirmed flight can easily become confirmed after the NATAS show!

NATAS sweeten the deal if you have OCBC credit card etc and get lucky draw / free goodies.

But then there may be a few good deals around but you just gotta really sniff them out . So after saying this, i myself already stopped going to NATAS for some times already. Classic example is my honeymoon to Europe which was book before the current NATAS is cheaper by 200 bucks.

Good luck to all those who are going tomorrow ^_^

Edited by Ironstarz

Price at Natas fair will not be cheaper actually. The advantage is some free gift and a lot of comparation at one time for the booking.

I book my Taiwan 8 days trip for end of Nov last month before trip is confirm. I hate to go and join the crowds at Natas fair.

Call up the agent again today and the same trip price is slightly higher now.

Never trust any of these fairs...NATAS, IT, PC, COMEX, etc. Can always get similar price or even lower price outside.

Turbocharged

pray hard the Japan tour that u booked is confirmed. They have the right to cancel the tour without paying any compensation 14days before departure.

dont listen to all those bullshxxxt that the tour already have 12 or 15 persons.

most of the NATAS staff are part timers. They will give you all sorts of promise here and there.

better write everything in black/white (just like buying car, LOLLLLL)

good luck bro

I went NATAS on Thursday, hoping to find cheap air ticket to LA in December... the cheapest i found was $1720 and 90% were above $2K... i hesitated because i didn't want to travel on Thai airways... i went home and searched online, and booked one on ANA at $1640... Wasted my time going to NATAS... lol... That bro is right, NATAS is never the cheapest. My family booked a Taiwan trip at the previous NATAS. And when we were in Taiwan, we checked with the other members how much did they pay, and realised my family paid the most even though we were told it's the cheapest already coz we booked 1 hour before closing on last day. Those that paid a lower price either booked on the first day or after NATAS... :angry: And BTW, Taiwan is the most boring place i've ever been - many of my friends agree.

Imagine you got to pay just to enter, jostle with the crowds and the prices aren't the cheapest.

Better off go to Chinatown areas where most of the travel agencies congregate, do a comparison and....

Turbocharged

What a day! [sleeping]

Any bro been/going there? Please heed my advice and save yourselve the hassle and headache. [smash]

Good Luck! [thumbsup]

Why are people still rushing for holiday after what happened in Phillipines?

Never mind..I don't like holidays or visiting other countries stuff (it's a waste of time) ....so....maybe I am bias.

Why are people still rushing for holiday after what happened in Phillipines?Never mind..I don't like holidays or visiting other countries stuff (it's a waste of time) ....so....maybe I am bias.

Your logic is very funny :wacko:

Walking on the road side can also kill by a out of control car or a tree branch fall down from a tree.

You better stay at home and don't touch any electrical item, you might get electrocuded.

Me and wif reached there on 27/8 [Fri] 7.30am, and we were 20th in the Q. Q started to build up very quickly after 8am.

Redeemed Genting Hotel rooms with Genting points, promo 1 nite + 1 nite free. Booked 2+2 nites [Highland Hotel] Sep'2010, and 2+2 nites [Resort Hotel] Dec'2010. This is a cheap getaway for us.

↡ Advertisement