Any Recommendation? 1st Time Servicing Package (Avante)

Gheeheng

My Avante (SJX#####) going to reach 1000km soon. i registered in late May this year.

I know that Komoco will NOT provide free parts that are going to renewed or replaced, I like to know if any brothers here can recommend me a shop that I can buy those Engine Oil, Transmission Oil, Air filter etc (let them check to see what need to change) so that i can pass the package to Komoco service engineers when they service my car.

I hear say that komoco charge a bit high on those oils, etc which i can purchase somewhere else easily.

Hope someone can recommend or advise me.

Thank you.

↡ Advertisement

well u can try getting things like oil filter from the hyundai stockist, Songyi. Their contact details are as follows:

Blk 637, Veerasamy Road, #01-119 S(200637). Contact no. is 62973700.

As for the engine oil, its up to personal preference and u can do a search on the forum.

Hope tats helpful for u. =)

personally, since the car is still new, why not let AD do the parts replacement, except EO. i feel that if you are to buy the parts yourself AD might not honour any problems in you using the parts that you have bought.

well u can try getting things like oil filter from the hyundai stockist, Songyi. Their contact details are as follows:

Blk 637, Veerasamy Road, #01-119 S(200637). Contact no. is 62973700.

As for the engine oil, its up to personal preference and u can do a search on the forum.

Hope tats helpful for u. =)

Hi Bro -

thanks for your input. will check out the engine oil.

personally, since the car is still new, why not let AD do the parts replacement, except EO. i feel that if you are to buy the parts yourself AD might not honour any problems in you using the parts that you have bought.

Hi Bro - are you refering to just buy the EO (Engine Oil) only? the rest of the part let AD (Authorised Dealer) do it for me?

Thanks for your advices.

Please make sure you check with Komoco whether they charge for the disposal of old engine oil.

C & C charges ~$20 to $30 for the disposal if you BYO engine oil.

For the 1000, 5000, and 10,000km servicing, they only provide free labour. Please buy your own engine oil and oil filter if you want free servicing.

If dont have time to buy oil filter, komocco will charge you about $10 for it.

Please make sure you check with Komoco whether they charge for the disposal of old engine oil.

=======

Crap. Another con-job hustle. [:|]

Neutral Newbie

My Avante (SJX#####) going to reach 1000km soon. i registered in late May this year.

I know that Komoco will NOT provide free parts that are going to renewed or replaced, I like to know if any brothers here can recommend me a shop that I can buy those Engine Oil, Transmission Oil, Air filter etc (let them check to see what need to change) so that i can pass the package to Komoco service engineers when they service my car.

I hear say that komoco charge a bit high on those oils, etc which i can purchase somewhere else easily.

Thank you.

why not go to Comfort for servicing instead?

For the 1000, 5000, and 10,000km servicing, they only provide free labour. Please buy your own engine oil and oil filter if you want free servicing.

If dont have time to buy oil filter, komocco will charge you about $10 for it.

Hi Bro - thanks for your pointers!

I called up Komoco this morning. They say can buy EO and Oil Filter if I want. No charge for any disposal. But they say Komoco will get the best EO for the car - something like UW50 Ultra something?? (can't remember what he said about the Engine Oil grade).

So now i headache,don't know where to buy that ultra grade? :blink:

anyone got any idea?

Thank you.

Biangz...

Dun buy car better...

Spend a few ten thousand on the car...

now only a few hundreds only also not willing?

Show us your bill featuring the disposal of old engine oil.

Thank you.

why not ask for help from those who told you to purchase somewhere else?

You use either 5W30 or 5W40. For brands, personal preference. For my first servicing, i tried Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 and 2nd servicing i uses Redline 5W30.

Oil filter can get from Song Yi.. as for Air filter you don't have to change now as it's only 1000km mileage.

yes, this is what i do for my toyota.

i bring my own oil and let them provide the parts for replacement, i for $65 off the package price for not using their EO.

You use either 5W30 or 5W40. For brands, personal preference. For my first servicing, i tried Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 and 2nd servicing i uses Redline 5W30.

Oil filter can get from Song Yi.. as for Air filter you don't have to change now as it's only 1000km mileage.

Hi Bro - thanks for your advices. Can you share with me where is Song Yi? I will try Shell Helix Ultra. Thanks again.

why not ask for help from those who told you to purchase somewhere else?

Ya, that guy told me any auto shops will definitely cheaper than what Komoco going to charge us.

↡ Advertisement