Honda Stream burst into flames

Cootie-Monster

honda_stream_engine_catches_fire_and_whole_car_burns_to_a_crisp-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Keith's 3-year-old Honda Stream suddenly burst into flames while he was driving along the TPE and within 20 minutes, the entire car was charred black and almost beyond recognition.

Over the phone, Keith reported what happened:

"My Kah Motor Honda Stream caught fire while travelling along TPE.

"The engine suddenly caught fire so I pulled over and called the fire department.

"But by the time they arrived, my car was totally burnt. It took only 20 minutes.

"I was told that cars have caught fire along that stretch of road.

"The investigator of my case said it was most likely an electrical fire that started in the engine.

"But I have heard that this is not the first Honda Stream to catch fire, so I hope that anyone who can offer any helpful information can respond to this post.

"Since it is under warranty, I wonder what Kah Motor can do. I had no major problems with the car before this.

"However, I believe that the agent will probably deny it is their fault unless I can prove it so. But with the car burnt to such a degree, I don't know if we can find anything.

"I hope to get some help because I am at a loss."

↡ Advertisement

STOMPer Keith's 3-year-old Honda Stream suddenly burst into flames while he was driving along the TPE and within 20 minutes, the entire car was charred black and almost beyond recognition.

"The engine suddenly caught fire so I pulled over and called the fire department.

"But by the time they arrived, my car was totally burnt. It took only 20 minutes.

"The investigator of my case said it was most likely an electrical fire that started in the engine.

"But I have heard that this is not the first Honda Stream to catch fire, so I hope that anyone who can offer any helpful information can respond to this post.

"Since it is under warranty, I wonder what Kah Motor can do. I had no major problems with the car before this.

"However, I believe that the agent will probably deny it is their fault unless I can prove it so. But with the car burnt to such a degree, I don't know if we can find anything.

This is serious!!!

woooo, hantu 7th month. [lipsrsealed] [lipsrsealed] [lipsrsealed]

I wonder if he installed any electrical goodies in the car that caused the fire.. spark optimizer/voltage stabilizer/etc

Even if he did, he will not admit. I am sure he will claim that the car is stock so that Kah Motors or insurance and compensate his loss. In any case, I have Pivot voltage stabilizer on my current and previous cars, no issue at all.

Did the stream run on CNG?

If it does, then all fingers will keep pointing to that direction. [speechless]

From the past incidents of flamed cars, involving Korean, Conti and Jap brands, the conclusion is almost pointing to short circuit of electricity components and it started from the battery [sly] .

Regards,

If comprehensive insurance, they'll pay him the market value of a 3-yr old Stream (assuming tat the car is beyond economic repair).

Market value as in he can get a stream with same age in the resale mkt?? Den next premium sure jialat??