Any shop selling Amaron battery around Eunos?

Fisbike

Hi Guys, i Just had my battery change @ Nam Wah.

I would advise others here to inspect their installation. their guys are NOT experianced in swapping batteries, they dont have a mechanic to install the batt. Think they are just workers in the warehouse.

I saw them struggling with the job, and went for a smoke.

Luckly i inspected after the job, one small push and the batt came loose from the housing! WTF! I had to get my hands dirty and DIY.

had to reset my Radio also.

1/10.

Me just changed to Amaron for my FD2 at Leong Seng 3 weeks ago, cost me $120.

I did not have time to go around compare prices, but think should be reasonable price.

Me just changed to Amaron for my FD2 at Leong Seng 3 weeks ago, cost me $120.

I did not have time to go around compare prices, but think should be reasonable price.

how many amp

why amaron? what about varta or bosch?

From what I heard from couple of workshops....Amaron seems to have certain issues in recent years...which touch-wood...I don't encounter any to-date. Most people recommend me to go for Bosch. I will try Bosch when due for change next round. ^_^

From what I heard from couple of workshops....Amaron seems to have certain issues in recent years...which touch-wood...I don't encounter any to-date. Most people recommend me to go for Bosch. I will try Bosch when due for change next round. ^_^

bro u know which workshop carry bosch battery with reasonable price?

i know Arrow tyre carry Bosch bat. 74AH for less than S$200 (add S$30 for mobile servie).

cheaper than varta which im paying around S$280.

bro u know which workshop carry bosch battery with reasonable price?

Bro, stick to Amaron batt, u won't go wrong. From my own experience, Amaron never fails me.

When I was replacing my old Amaron with new Amaron batt at one workshop, another driver who was waiting for the guy to install a new Bosch batt in his car, came up to me and ask abt amaron. I just told him my old Amaron batt lasts me 3 long years and still going strong. He straight away say he regretted installing bosch batt. LOL, but too late liao, the guy is already fixing the Bosch in his car.

Anyway, Arrow tyres has Bosch and Amaron. That's where this incident happened.

How many years do you get from Amaron so far ? Maintenance batteries I used in the U.S. lasted at least 5-6 years and workshops do not recommend replacing them anytime earlier. But in Singapore it seems no battery lasts more than 2-3 years. What's so different about Singapore batteries ?

How many years do you get from Amaron so far ? Maintenance batteries I used in the U.S. lasted at least 5-6 years and workshops do not recommend replacing them anytime earlier. But in Singapore it seems no battery lasts more than 2-3 years. What's so different about Singapore batteries ?

Heat kills.

Good point. Some people said frequent traffic jam and start-stop also affects battery life. But 2-3 years and 5-6 years is quite a big difference.

Heat kills.

In US, they have north and south batteries.

When you're living in the north, you tend to get up to 8 yrs for your battery.

When you're living in the south, like Texas and Florida, you get around 2 yrs.

Yes, heat kills.

Same as your small rechargeable AA batteries. If you charge at low current, low heat, but long hours, it last longer.

Most charger go for fast charge, heats up the battery and it doesn't last as long.

↡ Advertisement