Where to buy Touch-n-GO when driving to Malaysia

Cammys_MR

I wish to warn all goodhearted drivers not to loan your TnG card to d drivers in front who dun hv a card at CIQ. You cannot use your card TWICE at d same CIQ or any one time payment toll gates. If d driver in front dun have a card, let him go and buy. Or else you will end up buying a new card yourself to go thro. Double trouble. Use other lanes if you dun want to be delayed.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I wish to warn all goodhearted drivers not to loan your TnG card to d drivers in front who dun hv a card at CIQ. You cannot use your card TWICE at d same CIQ or any one time payment toll gates. If d driver in front dun have a card, let him go and buy. Or else you will end up buying a new card yourself to go thro. Double trouble. Use other lanes if you dun want to be delayed.

Ya.  My friend did and encountered the same thing many years ago too. 

Anyway the new TNG card is only RM10. 

(edited)

I have not entered MY for more than a year already. My tag card should have expired. How do I enter MY now?

Can I use cash?

Edited by Fitvip

I have not entered MY for more than a year already. My tag card should have expired. How do I enter MY now?

Can I use cash?

No cash, can go to TnG counter or self top up at automated machine
  • Praise 1

Can I use cash?

u can purchase a new card at the counter 

• Praise 1

No cash, can go to TnG counter or self top up at automated machine

Thanks. There are <RM100 in the card.

u can purchase a new card at the counter 

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Thanks for the info!

I'll be going in during that period, my  TnG card should have expired.

Any other way to buy a new card before I hit the checkpoint?

Touch-N-Go top-up lanes to close this Hari Raya long weekend. Use alternative top-up methods.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/06/08/touch-n-go-reload-lanes-at-plus-toll-plazas-to-close-during-hari-raya/

Supersonic
(edited)

Thanks for the info!

I'll be going in during that period, my TnG card should have expired.

Any other way to buy a new card before I hit the checkpoint?

There is a auto kiosk at the second link before Malaysia customs that could sell, dispense and top up touchngo cards. Use exact amount of notes, the machine does not provide change.

You card must always have more than 30rm if you want to use the toll, the card wont work if you have less than 30rm at toll booth. So please top up more than 30rm, dont get the minimum.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 4

There is a auto kiosk at the second link before Malaysia customs that could sell, dispense and top up touchngo cards. Use exact amount of notes, the machine does not provide change.

You card must always have more than 30rm if you want to use the toll, the card wont work if you have less than 30rm at toll booth. So please top up more than 30rm, dont get the minimum.

alternatively .. according to watson cashier, the touch and go card by watson no expiry for touch and go.

alternatively .. according to watson cashier, the touch and go card by watson no expiry for touch and go.

I was so excited when I hear about the Watson card as this is a major pain for me. Once I had more than 

RM100 locked in an expired card and had to get it reactivated at Perling. But it seems like you still need to use it once a year.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/watsons-malaysia/faq-watsons-vip-card-now-with-touch-n-go/10152050148952118/

10. Is my Watsons VIP Card still remains valid if I do not use it for over a period of ‘5 years’?

Yes. Watsons VIP Card is a ‘life-time’ membership card. You can continue to collect Watsons points as long as you use it at Watsons outlets.

In order to ensure the Touch ‘n Go function stay activated, a minimum of 1 transaction in a year is required. Else, your Touch ‘n Go function will become dormant status. To re-activate the dormant status, please visit any Touch ‘n Go Hubs.

• Praise 2

I was so excited when I hear about the Watson card as this is a major pain for me. Once I had more than 

RM100 locked in an expired card and had to get it reactivated at Perling. But it seems like you still need to use it once a year.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/watsons-malaysia/faq-watsons-vip-card-now-with-touch-n-go/10152050148952118/

10. Is my Watsons VIP Card still remains valid if I do not use it for over a period of ‘5 years’?

Yes. Watsons VIP Card is a ‘life-time’ membership card. You can continue to collect Watsons points as long as you use it at Watsons outlets.

In order to ensure the Touch ‘n Go function stay activated, a minimum of 1 transaction in a year is required. Else, your Touch ‘n Go function will become dormant status. To re-activate the dormant status, please visit any Touch ‘n Go Hubs.

Watson card I use every 3 months. But not the touch and go.

Sorry, I meant "dormant" card (not expired card) after a year of inactivity.

Normal Touch n Go card will expire in 10 years I think.

↡ Advertisement