Ceiling fan

Bluepica

Malaysia is now selling the 48" KDK fan with LED for 800RM. Price in SG is more than 400 SGD!

http://www.kdk.com.my/product/k12ux/#1438841184132-6d4bb126-a0656050-4cb0e69f-ba73

products-K12UX.jpg

Some of my friends cart the fans over from JB and pay the electrician to install them. I asked them warranty how? Their reply was how often you see ceiling fan break down? Haha!

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
(edited)

Some of my friends cart the fans over from JB and pay the electrician to install them. I asked them warranty how? Their reply was how often you see ceiling fan break down? Haha!

That's what I did.

If I am not wrong, kdk local warranty is 1 year. Very unlikely for the fan to break down within this one year. If you read the rest of the forum post, most of those complaining about spoilt fans have had it for quite a while.

So if really spoilt then call a repairman to see if he can fix it. If it's too old, buy a new one la.

If super kiasu, buy 2 sets when you go to know with one as a spare. Will still be cheaper than you buying the one in SG for some models.

Edited by Kusje

last time wanted to install , but my contrtactor told me my ceiling too low :( 

old hdb.

Same for me. Unless I stay in "jia hong choo" then can install ceiling fan otherwise a ceiling fan is a danger to me. [laugh]

Same for me. Unless I stay in "jia hong choo" then can install ceiling fan otherwise a ceiling fan is a danger to me. [laugh]

Haha, later your new nick become HeadlessAdrianli.   [laugh]

Going in later to buy 2 fans for new house.

Need need maybe 4 or 5 units. Shall get those latest DC motor driven.

• Praise 2

Wah! Your house 5000 square feet ah?  [grin]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Good for you. Don't let the manufacturers take advantage of us even though it is the same company in Malaysia.

Also, don't buy too many if you don't want to pay GST at singapore customs. They might ask you for receipt to check if it exceeds a certain amount per person that you have in the car.

• Praise 1

Good for you. Don't let the manufacturers take advantage of us even though it is the same company in Malaysia.

Also, don't buy too many if you don't want to pay GST at singapore customs. They might ask you for receipt to check if it exceeds a certain amount per person that you have in the car.

bought 2 fans for the living room and balcony that amount to almost 1k and was not ask to pay gst.

what is the allowable amount of ringgit per pax for a one day visit?

still got 2 more fans to buy that would cost more as it is those DC type w/led lights.

Supersonic

bought 2 fans for the living room and balcony that amount to almost 1k and was not ask to pay gst.

what is the allowable amount of ringgit per pax for a one day visit?

still got 2 more fans to buy that would cost more as it is those DC type w/led lights.

150 SGD per pax if less than 48 hrs.

https://www.customs.gov.sg/individuals/going-through-customs/arrival/duty-free-concession-and-gst-relief

thanks for the heads up.

the next trip to buy 2 fans that amount to 1.9k, would need to ask 2 of my kids to go along to avoid gst.

But first, go suterall mall there and indulge in japanese restaurant. HOOooooooooooo

Twincharged

what's the market price for installation services for ceiling fan ?

anyone got kangtow for installation electrician ? will buy my own ceiling fan.

thinking of replacing my current fan ... the blades almost flat already ....

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I can pm you the electrician I used. Service was good and cheap but I doubt he remembers me. You can ask him for quote

Problem is the cost is always going to be high when all you are installing is one ceiling fan.

what's the market price for installation services for ceiling fan ?

anyone got kangtow for installation electrician ? will buy my own ceiling fan.

thinking of replacing my current fan ... the blades almost flat already ....

You can ask the shop to arrange for installer. 

Side track a little.... some years back, when my colleague move into his new place, he bought a ceiling fan (steel blades) and got his contractor to install it. The fan was off balance and wobbles when running at higher speed, so he had to go back to the seller whom arrange a 'pro' to come balance it.

When it was my turn, I ask from shop to arrange for their 'pro' to install it. And this 'pro' said that mine no need balancing. Never give reason but it does not wobble at all 3 speed. Mine is plastic blade.

I read on the internet and someone mentioned that fan with steel blades might require balancing while plastic blade don't. Reason is that manufacturer can control the homogeneity of the plastic blade better than steel. Not sure about wooden blades. 

last time wanted to install , but my contrtactor told me my ceiling too low :( 

old hdb.

The KDK R48SP is designed for HDB. The stalk is very short. Less than 20 cm i reckon. Unless you are very tall?

• Praise 1

I can pm you the electrician I used. Service was good and cheap but I doubt he remembers me. You can ask him for quote

Problem is the cost is always going to be high when all you are installing is one ceiling fan.

Mind pm me the electrican hp #. Thanks

Just bought a Fanco ceiling fan from Tampoi.. it’s my 1st ceiling fan.. hope will not regret. Haha

Anyone has any value-for-money installer to recommend? Using back my spoilt ceiling light point for the fan ( eg. need remove current light and replace with fan).

Any guide price so I will be a carrot? Do PM me if not convenient. Many thanks in advance.

• Praise 1