Ceiling fan

Bluepica

11 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

If your fan could rotate in reverse direction,  it is a DC motor fan. Usually a DC motor fan could  have more speed variation of up to six speed also. DC motor fans are a lot quieter than the AC equivalent. 

Mine has speed 0-1-2-3, not sure if can rotate in another direction. I have a fan regulator wall switch on my wall with another 0-1-2-3 speed. So maybe have 9 speeds now 🤣.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

26 minutes ago, badlammy said:

Mine has speed 0-1-2-3, not sure if can rotate in another direction. I have a fan regulator wall switch on my wall with another 0-1-2-3 speed. So maybe have 9 speeds now 🤣.

Haha speed doesn't work that way, but good assumption that you have 9 speeds. The good thing about reverse rotation is that  you dont feel the wind coming down but the  whole room feels airy.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

My ceiling fan is 19 yo with rusty blades and down to only one speed operable. Speed one would rotate at a speed slower than Dr Nefario scooter, speed two won’t rotate, speed three is now the previous speed two. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Haha speed doesn't work that way, but good assumption that you have 9 speeds. The good thing about reverse rotation is that  you dont feel the wind coming down but the  whole room feels airy.

The bi-direction of fan is mainly for countries that experience at least two seasons (winter and summer).

Anybody installed a bladeless fan eg Exhale fan

• Praise 4

35 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

The bi-direction of fan is mainly for countries that experience at least two seasons (winter and summer).

Anybody installed a bladeless fan eg Exhale fan

this might be another good reason why we should use reverse direction.  

Ceiling Fans in Reverse: Drawing Air Up

When you put the fan into reverse, it draws air upward. Most people think of this as a way to bring the warmer air near the ceiling back down into lower half of the room, where the people are. That’s a great way to use the reverse function in the winter. However, it’s not the only way to use it. If your air conditioning vents are near the floor, then putting the fan into reverse can draw the cool air upward and circulate it around the room so that you can really feel it. It can help you to maximise the effectiveness of your AC, and that will allow you to keep it at a lower setting.

The reverse setting can also blow warm out of high windows, creating negative air pressure that will draw in cooler air from lower windows. Sometimes, it’s possible to blow warm air out on the hot side of the house and draw cooler air in on the side that doesn’t get direct sunlight.

So, next time you turn on a ceiling fan, give a little thought to what it’s supposed to be doing. Are you blowing air onto your skin so that you’ll cool down? Are you trying to draw cool air upward so that the warm air circulates back into the space you’re occupying? Are you using the fan to pull in outdoor air or to push indoor air out an open window? Next time, give it some thought – and be conscious about using your fans rather than cranking up the heat or AC.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

My ceiling fan is 19 yo with rusty blades and down to only one speed operable. Speed one would rotate at a speed slower than Dr Nefario scooter, speed two won’t rotate, speed three is now the previous speed two. 

you  have long gotten your ROI,  time to replace your fan, SGP economy needs some help anyway.😃😃

• Haha! 2

22 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

If you  need to replace only one piece and if you really like it, just buy it, it is just a few hundred $ difference from the cheaper range,  dont forget you wont get the same design at cheaper price. Last year I replaced 3 of my fans and was in the same dilemma,  but the price x3 units was a lot difference,  i ended up gotten those cheap one instead.

By the way 60 inch is quite big, unless you have a big area to cover, otherwise the fan can be an eye sour.  I still have quite  a number  of 60 inch and I have been thinking should I or should I not replace them with smaller one 😪😪.

We want to buy 1 each for the living and dinning area.  Both to be same brand and design for consistency look / effects.  Our TV console is also about same colour.  Still seeing other brands though with similar designs and colours..

My living room is about 6m x 3.5m with height about 3m. So I think it should be able to accommodate the 60" fan.

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Fat_slayer said:

We want to buy 1 each for the living and dinning area.  Both to be same brand and design for consistency look / effects.  Our TV console is also about same colour.  Still seeing other brands though with similar designs and colours..

My living room is about 6m x 3.5m with height about 3m. So I think it should be able to accommodate the 60" fan.

6x3.5m is decent size for a 60", maybe go vist some condo showrooms and pay attention to their fan size.   The problem is when you visit those fan showrooms, their  display area is big, you may not be able to get the actual feel of the fan size. But if you are comfortable with the size, go with your feeling.  Enjoy your shopping! 

17 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

my wife like ceiling fan. but i dislike wind being blown directly on me. This reverse direction maybe a good idea... I didn't know got such a thing haha [:p]

20 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

you  have long gotten your ROI,  time to replace your fan, SGP economy needs some help anyway.😃😃

True and you may be consuming more electricity because there may be restriction causing the motor to work harder 5o turn the blades. Help the economy,  go get a new one

• Praise 1

On 10/21/2019 at 2:53 PM, Atrecord said:

talking of ceiling fan, i think my KDK again something wrong liao... the remote's motherboard must be conk off again... sian...

quality so bad? I have 6 ceiling fans at home (5 kdk and 1 dunno what brand which i regret). So far using for 4 years without issue. All bought in malaysia for 1/3 the price here.

On 10/20/2019 at 10:42 PM, Ct3833 said:

Buy from malaysia la! 1/3 the price.

17 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Elmark recalls 17 models of their fans, those who are affected can trade in affected fans for $170.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/17-elmark-ceiling-fan-models-recalled-over-safety-issues

the link says $150 not 170 leh. POFMA you then you know.

More than 500 units of ceiling fans from 17 models by Elmark Marketing are being recalled after checks showed they could pose safety problems.

These fans could potentially fall, electrocute someone or cause a fire, product safety agency Enterprise Singapore said yesterday.

Fan blades could also come loose when in use and cause cuts.

SMLJ. So many issues with their fans? Give you $150 voucher you dare to buy?

↡ Advertisement