Watch & ORNS Completion Award

Vulcann

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/mindef_we...d_Benefits.html

Guess a lot of bros did not qualify like me for the generous S$9k-10.5k payout in various stages announced by mindef recently. [:(]

Found out from the mindef website (link above) though we might be eligible for a watch and a ORNS completion award of S$300. :D

Bo bian (no choice), since even the S$9k-10.5k payout is only considered a "token" which we can smell no smoke (can see but cannot touch), have to yow gui (desperate) ask how we are able to receive this meagre amount plus the watch from bros here. Are they given X months from the completion?

Did not receive anything from last ICT le...

↡ Advertisement

Some uncle at coffeeshop says why they dont get the reservist $$$?

These uncle got funny way of thinking which I think has some valid points.

They were asking "Does the $$$ really to make Singaporeans happy? Or to make the PR parents/kids who are serving the army now happy. If to reward Singaporeans who has sacrificed, then all MR reservist should also get at least $3000."

Wise and old enough to know, though, that the S$9k-10.5k to be given out to those "lucky" ones must come from SOMEWHERE...

Simple calculation:

They say about 300 000 men will benefit in 10 years.

Say the average payout is (9+10.5)/2= S$9.75k each.

So the total payout in 10 years= 300 000 x 9.75k = S$2 925 000 000 or about S$2.93 billion

As such, each year this amount have to be paid = S$ 292 500 000 or about S$ 293 million

Money don't drop from the sky so have to come from some where... [confused]

Your guess?

Edited by Vulcann

NSmen 'benefited from the peace and prosperity they've helped create'

Therefor the $9000 is not required.

Or or the peace no longer existing so the $9000 is to ensure the new citizen and PR kids can happily be compensated for their time?

If old folks are not recognized, then why bothers to mention the men who dies and named buildings after him? He has benefitted from the peace and obviously has a high salary too.

Gong jiao way.

do ur think of another view?

mostly are NSF benefit now..

by 21,they can give a holy selection on something 5 years once event..

those ROD,MR etc...already past

now most these NSF era pple are most IT saavy etc..expose to more Internet Media..

sounds familiar?

now a qn is do all from past generation to now get, or only certain group nia

Edited by Freestylers09

*sign*

Our time IPPT monetary award only 2 pieces of red notes.

Allowances about 10-20 plus red notes per month.

Could not think of any other benefits our dear MINDEF MOS recently mentioned that we have enjoyed...

Best part is I have since checked with many about this ORNS S$300 that they mentioned but none of those who completed the cycle could recall receiving it leh...

???

Guess a lot of bros did not qualify like me for the generous S$9k-10.5k payout in various stages announced by mindef recently. [:(]

Found out from the mindef website (link above) though we might be eligible for a watch and a ORNS completion award of S$300. :D

Bo bian (no choice), since even the S$9k-10.5k payout is only considered a "token" which we can smell no smoke (can see but cannot touch), have to yow gui (desperate) ask how we are able to receive this meagre amount plus the watch from bros here. Are they given X months from the completion?

by right should be a saf hamilton watch

yup.. received the watch and $300. When did you MR?

The financial yr for Mindef ends in April... so if you MR this yr after April, you will be getting the $300 in April 2011

yup.. received the watch and $300. When did you MR?

The financial yr for Mindef ends in April... so if you MR this yr after April, you will be getting the $300 in April 2011

OIC. Strange many I asked said they got the watch but not the $300 cash (or is it in some other form like being credited into CPF?) leh. [confused]

Thanks for the clarification though. Just MRed July this year...

Looks like have to wait till Apr next year to book the 7-series liao [;)]

OIC. Strange many I asked said they got the watch but not the $300 cash (or is it in some other form like being credited into CPF?) leh. [confused]

Thanks for the clarification though. Just MRed July this year...

Looks like have to wait till Apr next year to book the 7-series liao [;)]

haha... 7 series eh!

The 300 will be going into the same bank account for your SAF make-up pay. It's cash... not CPF. For me, I took the 300 and chiong RWS... hahaha... made some $ with it

haha... 7 series eh!

The 300 will be going into the same bank account for your SAF make-up pay. It's cash... not CPF. For me, I took the 300 and chiong RWS... hahaha... made some $ with it

new system no more 300 bucks liaoz... you get the 9000 bucks CPF lose the 300 cash...

haha... 7 series eh!

Oops, it's $300 & not $300k?

Gotta cancel the order liao.

Where's that nice PML lady's number? Namecard's somewhere...

Guess can only afford a miniature model then...

↡ Advertisement