Installing 3-point seat belts

Grix17

Hi, I know that buses are required to fit 3-point seat belts as required by LTA.

My 8-seater MPV does not come with the package with 3-point seat belts in the centre seats for 2nd and 3rd rows. Only 2-point.

Anyone knows where I can install the 3-point seat belt with retractor from inside/behind the seat (not from ceiling)?

↡ Advertisement

Is your MPV a bus?

I don't think it is illegal for not using 3-point belt for the middle passenger in the back, otherwise > 90% of the car owners here will have to spend money to mod their safety belts. ^_^

Edited by C-K

Is your MPV a bus?

I don't think it is illegal for not using 3-point belt for the middle passenger in the back, otherwise > 90% of the car owners here will have to spend money to mod their safety belts. ^_^

Actually, that's not the point I was bringing across.

I would like the option of putting a child seat in the middle, so I need the 3-point seat belt.

I wonder if anyone actually knows who installs 3-point seat belts for buses.

That might be where I can source out an installer for my ride.

i think amk one of the autopoint or tech park has one shop.. or is it at serangoon north.. cant remember le, the also go do seats installation for those kangoo vans, mpv etc and leather sewing for chairs, plus seat belt installation for sch van/bus... some cars go there change the leathers too... have to check name cards cos went that area for meeting then went to kaypo abit but that was so long ago..

i think amk one of the autopoint or tech park has one shop.. or is it at serangoon north.. cant remember le, the also go do seats installation for those kangoo vans, mpv etc and leather sewing for chairs, plus seat belt installation for sch van/bus... some cars go there change the leathers too... have to check name cards cos went that area for meeting then went to kaypo abit but that was so long ago..

↡ Advertisement