NEW HDB RULING RESTRICTS US FROM BUYING OVERSEAS PROPERTY

Apvman

Just came across this news today on Straits Times... Now HDB also control us from buying overseas properties unless u declared and yor HDB ownership is more than 3 years...

WTF? Whats overseas properties got to do with HDB rulings... CB... The government so scare that pple all go buy overseas properties if they dont have other alternatives? So scared that the money will go to other countries instead to our HIGHLY PAID Ministers?

Next Mon, sure got alot of pple around complaint abt this nonsense rule.... Cant wait for this coming election.. Time to make my vote...Hopeless.

↡ Advertisement

very tulan... I still dont understand whats abt buying foreign properties got to do with HDB hosuing policy?

The new rule also apply to PRs too... NBzz... Like that many pple I am know of also kana... wtf..

Looks like the only way to get our $$ back is 1) Null yor CITIZENSHIP and migrate 2) WHEN YOU ARE DEAD...

Edited by Apvman

Just came across this news today on Straits Times... Now HDB also control us from buying overseas properties unless u declared and yor HDB ownership is more than 3 years...

WTF? Whats overseas properties got to do with HDB rulings... CB... The government so scare that pple all go buy overseas properties if they dont have other alternatives? So scared that the money will go to other countries instead to our HIGHLY PAID Ministers?

Next Mon, sure got alot of pple around complaint abt this nonsense rule.... Cant wait for this coming election.. Time to make my vote...Hopeless.

The only group that I feel is really targetted here is the Malayian PR who have a place in JB and return there everyday ....

literally earning Singaporen $$$ and all spendings in Malaysia.

And to top it off, they buy resale HDB and rent it out .....

Issue is: How many such cases are there as versus how many cases of Singaporeans who invest in property in Australia, New Zealand etc.... This policy also affects such a groupa and I feel thay are unfairly penalised.

Truthfully, I think requiring HDB owners to STAY in their flats is the most important thing that needs to be enforced. If they don't need to stay in it, then they don't need to own it.

Isn't it silly, if you stop ppl from buying foreign properties, wouldn't their "extra money" be plough back into local properties? like that LPPL what.... knn

Edited by Trex101

they should penalize those who use HDB as an investment....

or intends to stay in HDB, and invest in private ppty....

if you're able to afford private,

by all means live in them....don't bother about re-sale HDB, and the people who truly needs a roof over their head....

and if you're richer,

go all out in the private property area....

don't even try to take advantage of HDB....

Not bothered by this rulings cos I can only afford to purchase a HDB. The rest of my money is to go holidays annually, to be able to buy things I like even though I may not need to have.

very tulan... I still dont understand whats abt buying foreign properties got to do with HDB hosuing policy?

The new rule also apply to PRs too... NBzz... Like that many pple I am know of also kana... wtf..

Looks like the only way to get our $$ back is 1) Null yor CITIZENSHIP and migrate 2) WHEN YOU ARE DEAD...

To die may be faster than to migrate.....

Most countries need one to be a PR first before he can be a citizen. And to complete the process, he needs to chalk up certain no of years of stay in the new adopted country before given citizenship status. Only then can we clean up our CPF.

The above is what I know. Not sure if there is any country in the world that approve citizenship immediately. Anyone care to share?

nope....

they may not call you PR,

but maybe 2nd class Citizen....

haha....

but they still take care of your welfare, and medical needs....as well as subsidize you/ your child's education....

that's how they treat the basic needs of Humans, and not as "2nd Class Citizen" or PR....

Neutral Newbie

the policy is to ensure money stays in SIngapore and

encourage money to be in CPF

if i sell my HDB flat, the money how is it going to go

some to cpf, some to where

? any link to read about

thanks

does that mean those farking ah tiong have to sell their house in china??

china so big,

as if HDB have the means to check there.

china so big,

as if HDB have the means to check there.

So that's to say the garment self-pawned???

Put in a rule that's almost impossible to check if it's violated??? [lipsrsealed][laugh]

↡ Advertisement