Kia Forte facelift in Korea with 1.6GDi and 6spd auto!

Caddilac

Forte/avante sharing same engine.

Avante club one guy recently sell his 1yr old car(low coe) to dealer & make 10k profit. [:)]

He is so happy now. [laugh]

Both share same engine? But the pick-up is quite difference, i guess is the weight of both cars are difference. [rolleyes]

So the avante guy now drive wht car since he made 10K profit?! [:/]

↡ Advertisement

Both share same engine? But the pick-up is quite difference, i guess is the weight of both cars are difference. [rolleyes]

So the avante guy now drive wht car since he made 10K profit?! [:/]

lol that guy think too much. 10k profit is only realised after the sale and if he don't buy another car, meaning switch to public transport.

but then comparison between car and public transport cannot only look at economic aspect, have numerous intangible ones.

sell already earn 10k profit, then buy another car also expensive lah (current market trend) [laugh]

lol that guy think too much. 10k profit is only realised after the sale and if he don't buy another car, meaning switch to public transport.

but then comparison between car and public transport cannot only look at economic aspect, have numerous intangible ones.

sell already earn 10k profit, then buy another car also expensive lah (current market trend) [laugh]

Quite true, made 10K also not a lot if the person buy another car now. Cos the car now so expensive, if u down 10K dun think can see any great difference.

Even u down 30K also not much difference! Imagine now most car cost ard 80K, and u still need to loan 50K! [hur] Unlike last time car cost ard 60K and if u down 30K, then consider got use. [rolleyes]

Edited by 13177

After knowing tht Forte will be having a facelift soon, even now i wanted to buy the Forte also will wait for the facelift version. [:p] As the current Forte is quite heavy and only a 4 speed car.

At that time when i went for a test drive nvr heard of such news Lol.

But forte is a nice car. Put a drop in filter to make the engine more Lively ^^

weak point of it is. when you are cruising @ 80-90kmh when u pass a slight slope

the engine don seems to respond even if u step the accelerator harder. I thin is

the Gear or ECU issue.

Exaggeration lah. GDI engines are using one of the ultra lean burn of air/fuel mixture 1:40, provided these engines are given low sulphur content petrol. If given higher sulphur content of anything more dan 10~15ppm in the petrol the lean bun process will just adjust to normal air/fuel mixture of 1:14.5 . Hence it will not achieve anywhere near the manufacturer stated FC and output power. No disaster.

GDI engines have a higher compression ratio of 11.5:1 to 12.5:1 so in order to acheive the FC and power output you also have to fork out the $$ to buy premium fuel. It simply offset your savings. There are some drawbacks on the GDI engines as they are more ex and complicated to build cos of the issue of pre-ignition occurrence under the high compression ratio. Plus a special catalytic converter to cope with the higher nitrogen oxide GDI engine produces.

That's why many car engine manufacturers still opt for MPI(multi-point injection) engines.

and this is why i said the effects might be nothing at all!

but this is still an issue that potential buyers might take note of

weak point of it is. when you are cruising @ 80-90kmh when u pass a slight slope

the engine don seems to respond even if u step the accelerator harder. I thin is

the Gear or ECU issue.

try driving manual, you won't have such issues

the Gear or ECU issue.

Maybe the car is too heavy?! [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Exaggeration lah. GDI engines are using one of the ultra lean burn of air/fuel mixture 1:40, provided these engines are given low sulphur content petrol. If given higher sulphur content of anything more dan 10~15ppm in the petrol the lean bun process will just adjust to normal air/fuel mixture of 1:14.5 . Hence it will not achieve anywhere near the manufacturer stated FC and output power. No disaster.

GDI engines have a higher compression ratio of 11.5:1 to 12.5:1 so in order to acheive the FC and power output you also have to fork out the $$ to buy premium fuel. It simply offset your savings. There are some drawbacks on the GDI engines as they are more ex and complicated to build cos of the issue of pre-ignition occurrence under the high compression ratio. Plus a special catalytic converter to cope with the higher nitrogen oxide GDI engine produces.

That's why many car engine manufacturers still opt for MPI(multi-point injection) engines.

But there is really some problem with the high sulphur fuel in Malaysia to DI car...

Some Peugeot 308 Turbo got their injector stucked and need to be cleaned...

Manufacturer using MPI instead of GDI to save cost, US is the best example as you can see, VW/GM/FORD/Hyundai all having GDI engine but Toyota and Honda not using GDI... Instead Toyota's GDI are used on the Lexus only and Honda don't have any GDI engine... The same thing applies in Australia as well...

The new Forte Koup is so gonna be my next car !

Anyone knows if a 2.0L version or probably a Turbocharged version will be released?

Thought the Forte Koup now already have 1.6L and 2.0L version?! [rolleyes]

Thought the Forte Koup now already have 1.6L and 2.0L version?! [rolleyes]

2.0L might have, but not too sure about a Turbocharged version, have to wait and see... A Turbo Koup would be really cool.

Ops, looks like I misinterpret GDI hahaa... Oh ya hor, previously Mitsu also introduced GDI, we are talking about the same technology right except it is now improved.

That is bcos Hyundai bought the technology from Mitsu. They collaborated to develop a newer version of GDi engine with Mitsu engineers. Mitsu no$ so they have to sell their technology, MIVEC, GDi to Hyundai group and license Lancer to Proton. So basically u can say the GDi engine is from the Mitsu origin.

GDi engine has a lot of problem in Singapore previously, throttle body gets dirty and choked. Fuel pump also choke due to the quality of petrol here. Ask ex Galant and Lancer GDi, Chariots owners ...

FSI tech from VW also use the same tech. not sure if they experience the same problem. But look, for some reasons, VW retired the whole FSI engine technology. Prob they find that it cost more to produce and dont gain as much power and cost efficiency compared to downsizing the engine and lub a turbo to achieve the efficiency effect.

hopefully the new Korean-Mitsu GDi engine is much better, but only time will tell....

Actually, GDI engines are very commonly used. Alfa Romeo, Lexus, Citroen- Peugeot, Renault and some other makers use them too but without the problems that Mitsu GDI engines suffered. I guess only the Mitsu engines have this problem.

↡ Advertisement