Animal lovers please help

Canisminor

:o Saw this from another forum :

Urgent! Please Help Save the Kennel! 16 lives will be lost if board fees not paid by Monday 6 Sep

Please help to save kennel.

We are community caregivers of dogs and cats for the past 10 years between us. Looking after the strays at Industrial and Housing estate. We are also a resgistered society, (Society for the Care of Community Cats and Dogs).

About 5 months ago, we took over ownership of a kennel from an old man who hasn't been looking after his dogs properly. A sponsor has promised help, but for the past three months we have been taking from our savings and paying for the kennel ourselves and we are no longer able to do so. The sponsor has since told us straight out, that no help will be given. Some of the dogs were puppies found in a box, thrown away like rubbish on the roadside, then others were entrusted in our care and the owners just dissapeared.

The pet farm is chasing us for the last two months board fees ($6850 URGENT!) and current month ($3425) and all 18 dogs are will be evicted if board fees are not paid. There are no where for them to go.

We need urgent help for the following:

1. Payment of owed boarding fees: To pay at least 2 months board of $6850 by Monday!!

2. Spaying of all dogs: Est $200 each, more if its a female

3. Sponsorship of Pet food: $39 per bag, 7 needed a month, $33 per ctn wet food, 3 ctn needed a month

All donations will be recorded and emailed to sponsors if require. If you are able to help, please contact viki at 9397 8890. Sms or call. She doesn't have regular net access.

If you would like to adopt any of the dogs, they have all been dewormed, deflead, and deticked as well. For viewing, you can contact the number above as well.

Thank you. I hope I can save all of them.

Kind Regards,

Viki

9397 8890

Link

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/help-local-pet-shelter-with-700-animals-in-danger-of-being-evicted-if-rental-debt

Help! Local pet shelter with 700 animals in danger of being evicted if rental debt is not paid

Posted on 06 May 2015 | 1,195 views | 2 comments

PHOTO: Animal Lovers League

Housing more than 700 animals in need, one of the largest pet shelters in Singapore is facing a financial crisis again.

Animal Lovers League (ALL) wrote in to Stomp in an appeal for donations to help settle their rental debt -- or they might face eviction.

ALL, founded by Cathy Strong and co-founder Mohan, is a local pet shelter located at Pasir Ris Farmway.

Tiara, a representative from ALL explained:

"As we are mainly run via donations, we require help from Stomp to get our message out there, to raise more awareness and funds to our cause.

"We are currently experiencing a shortage of rental fees for the months of April and May and in danger of being evicted along with the 700 over animals we house at our shelter.

"For the love of animals and especially for the survival of ALL's 700 dogs and cats, Mohan and I, shamelessly for their sakes, are begging each and everyone who is reading this appeal to come forward to help us help them.

"A pledge of any amount on a monthly basis is needed for the following expenses :

"Rental with 1 Worker $18,400

Water & Electricity $4,125

Late Payment Fine $300

GST $1,598

-------------

TOTAL $24,423

"The amount for the rental and one worker is fixed. Water & Electricity depends on how much water we use to keep the shelter clean.

"Late Payment Fine depends on how many days the payment is overdue. (We are expected to pay by the 1st of every calendar month).

"GST is dependent on the total sum.

"Because of our failure to pay the April rental on time, Eugene who has been seconded to us was taken back, leaving us leaving us short of helpers to cook, feed and clean the shelter.

"A grace period has been given to us for the month of May. We must pay up the rental for May as well as the balance of the April account by the end of May or face the consequence of having our water and electricity cut off.

"Please let us have your pledge now, whether it is $20 or more each month, by Whatsapp to 91546422.

"If willing, you may send a cheque payable to Animal Lovers League, and mail it to Yishun Central P O Box 163, S'pore 917606.

"(Please write your name, address, and email address on the back of your cheque so we can mail you the receipt).

"For Funds Transfer, our DBS Current A/C No. is 015-900383-3

"(Please whatsapp us the transaction receipt and your name, address and email address for your receipt).

"Your pledge, hopefully will convince the landlord of our determination to fulfill our obligations to him.

"Each month you will be updated on the progress of your contributions."

• Praise 11

Hypersonic

Stomper appeals for netizens to help lost dog find its owner

Posted on 25 June 2015 | 372 views | 4 comments

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/stomper-appeals-for-netizens-to-help-lost-dog-find-its-owner

PHOTO: Facebook / K9 Missions

Stomper K.E came across a post on K9 Missions' Facebook page and he felt obliged to share it.

In an email to Stomp, he wrote:

"I hope that through your site, we can help Biscuit reunite with his owner.

"At the very least, we can find Biscuit someone who can assist to foster him.

"I would also like to take this opportunity to thank K9 Missions for saving Biscuit from the street."

• Praise 8

Stomper appeals for netizens to help lost dog find its owner

Posted on 25 June 2015 | 372 views | 4 comments

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/stomper-appeals-for-netizens-to-help-lost-dog-find-its-owner

PHOTO: Facebook / K9 Missions

Stomper K.E came across a post on K9 Missions' Facebook page and he felt obliged to share it.

"I hope that through your site, we can help Biscuit reunite with his owner.

"At the very least, we can find Biscuit someone who can assist to foster him.

"I would also like to take this opportunity to thank K9 Missions for saving Biscuit from the street."

Hope he is micro chipped - then sure can track owner hopefully

• Praise 2

Hope he is micro chipped - then sure can track owner hopefully

Can't rule out the possibility that he could have been abandoned

• Praise 4

Strange- they never mentioned the location - Looks like a mongrel - so many can be found around Sungei Kadut/Jurong/Changi Coastal area - most of the old industrial sites have many of them and are well cared by the factory workers whom give scraps here and there during lunch time or other times and water is easily available too

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/stomper-appeals-for-netizens-to-help-lost-cat-find-its-owner

Stomper appeals for netizens to help lost cat find its owner

Posted on 30 June 2015 | 283 views | 0 comments

Stomper Taro was with his girlfriend at Mei Ling street at around 12am last night (June 30) when he saw the cat.

"We were near block 163, 164.

"The cat was left behind and was waiting for its owner.

"We gave him some food and I left a cup of water too.

"Hopefully this will help the owner to find it."

Does this cat look familiar? Do you know the owner? Share this story on your social media to help this poor cat find its owner soon.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/stomper-appeals-for-netizens-to-help-find-lost-pet-parrot

Stomper appeals for netizens to help find lost pet parrot

Posted on 06 July 2015 | 115 views | 0 comments

Stomper SC's parrot has gone missing since Saturday (July 4), and he's appealing for netizens to help find it.

"Our pet parrot Gordo flew away from our home in Jurong East.

"He has an ID ring on his right foot and a hook ring on his left.

"He is part of our family and is dearly missed.

If you see the parrot or know its whereabouts, please email Stomp at [email protected]

• Praise 10

Hypersonic

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/stomper-appeals-for-netizens-to-help-find-lost-pet-parrot

Stomper SC's parrot has gone missing since Saturday (July 4), and he's appealing for netizens to help find it.

If you see the parrot or know its whereabouts, please email Stomp at [email protected]

Now-a-days i see many parrots in the sky.... wonder where they came from.... green/coloured ones like the photo posted and bigger one white ones (are they called cockatoo's??) ... they make lots of noise they are in a group and very chatty amongst themselves....just like us humans.....i guess lots of fruit trees around for their picking... i saw once nearly 10 and they are at Changi beach in the mornings... should have taken pix... would have been nice

• Praise 4

Now-a-days i see many parrots in the sky.... wonder where they came from.... green/coloured ones like the photo posted and bigger one white ones (are they called cockatoo's??) ... they make lots of noise they are in a group and very chatty amongst themselves....just like us humans.....i guess lots of fruit trees around for their picking... i saw once nearly 10 and they are at Changi beach in the mornings... should have taken pix... would have been nice

awol from bird park [laugh]

• Praise 5

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/help-find-belle-she-dashed-out-of-united-vet-in-ang-mo-kio-and-needs-medical

Help find Belle: She dashed out of United Vet in Ang Mo Kio and needs medical attention

Posted on 07 August 2015 | 498 views | 1 comments

Stompers Jingwen and Diane looking for this missing poodle, which escaped from a veterinary clinic at Ang Mo Kio block 108 today (Aug 7) at around 11am.

The dog was last seen at around block 101. A reward will be given for her safe return.

Jingwen said:

"My friend's poodle Belle has escaped from United Vet.

"Owner is super worried! If found, a reward will be given.

"Belle needs medical assistance urgently!!!"

Should you have any information about the dog, please contact Stomp at [email protected].

• Praise 5

I found the parrot .....

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2370286-interesting-illusion/?do=findComment&comment=5563452

• Praise 12

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/this-urban-jungle/7-cats-found-dead-in-12-days-in-yishun-mp-appeals-for-witnesses

7 cats found dead in 12 days in Yishun: MP appeals for witnesses

Posted on 27 October 2015 | 856 views | 3 comments

7 cats found dead in 12 days in Yishun: MP appeals for witnessesPHOTO: Facebook

In a worrying spade of events, seven cats have been found dead in just 12 days in the Yishun area.

Nee Soon Member of Parliament (MP) Louis Ng, who is also executive director of the Animal Concerns Research & Education Society (Acres) appealed in a Facebook post on Oct 23, for any witnesses who might have information to come forward.

He wrote:

"There has been a series of cat deaths reported in Nee Soon. In the past month, 7 cats have been found dead and one wounded, in suspicious circumstances.

"Many of you have contacted me and I share your concerns about this and want to ensure that the person (or persons) committing these barbaric acts is/are caught.

"I have met with the Singapore Police Force and the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) and they have updated me on their investigations. I'm also in touch with the Cat Welfare Society which is also working on this.

"If you have any information about these cases, please contact AVA at 1800-476-1600 or [email protected]

"In particular, some of you have cameras in your vehicles, which you may leave on when you are not in your vehicle. If you have footage from the following days and areas (when and where the cat deaths and abuse occurred), please help provide them to AVA:

"1. 24 September 2015, Blk 661 Yishun Ave 4

2. 24 September 2015, Blk 852 Yishun St 81

3. 24 September 2015, Northland Primary School

4. 25 September 2015, Blk 123 Yishun St 11

5. 26 September 2015, Blk 281 Yishun St 22

6. 1 October 2015, Blk 135 Yishun St 11

7. 5 October 2015, Yishun Polyclinic

"Please help share this post and help ensure that we can end this cruelty."

In an interview with The New Paper, Mr Ng said:

"I'm very disturbed. That's why I did the Facebook post. The AVA (Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority) and police are investigating, but they can only put out so many eyes.

"But if everyone is out there (watching), we might get somewhere."

The most recent incident, on Oct 5, involved Bushy, a community cat that was found dead near Yishun Polyclinic. It was the seventh cat to die in 12 days.

A Cat Welfare Society (CWS) volunteer who patrols the Yishun area said Bushy was found bloodied under a tree, "The night before it was found dead, it was well. My husband fed it and it was running about."

The CWS volunteer believes that the abuse cases have been caused by the same few people due to the pattern of injuries found on the cats -- blunt trauma on the spine or lower back.

Mr Ng said it's an uphill battle to catch the culprits:

"People can say they are looking, say, for a Chinese man in his 40s, but that's very vague. It's pretty difficult to find a person like that.

"There is an increased volume of patrolling because of the cat killings, but it's difficult because the area is big and we never know when these people strike," he said.

As the cats were found near open-air carparks, the MP is hopeful that the culprits may have been caught in action on in-car cameras.

• Praise 5