HOLY s--t. THIS ARTICLE ENRAGES ME.

Chewbacca

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_575699.html

"Back in muh days, only 1 outta 3 of dem babies make it to aduhlt. Ya'll young un's should be feeling lucky! Take the bloody rational approach! Hyu hyuk hyuk!"

Jesus. The world has changed. Racism was acceptable. Sexism was acceptable. So we should just remain in the past? Bloody hell.

↡ Advertisement

"Back in muh days, only 1 outta 3 of dem babies make it to aduhlt. Ya'll young un's should be feeling lucky! Take the bloody rational approach! Hyu hyuk hyuk!"

Jesus. The world has changed. Racism was acceptable. Sexism was acceptable. So we should just remain in the past? Bloody hell.

This old man need to step down. talking rubbish like his boss liao

Ha ha ha... the usual "when i was your age, i trudged 10 miles through the snow to get to school" story, as my american friend used to say. Grandfather story [laugh]

I can also add: Back in my days, policemen wore shorts. Back in my days, though i had to wait 1 hour for the bus, HDB flats only cost 5 figures, and one plate of char koay teow only costs 20 cents [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria

WHEN Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong was a young civil servant working in the former Fullerton Building, he had, on occasion, waited as long as one hour to catch a bus home.

Today, most people who fail to get on a packed MRT train have to wait just six to eight minutes to get on the second or third train.

Looks like he long time no take bus.... In 2010, i sometimes still have to wait 1 hr for a bus....also at fullerton :angry:

If our transport company like SBS & SMRT dun earn crazy profit every year..... I will not complain if i have to wait 1hr for a bus.

I dun think we are being too much by demanding our waiting time to be shorter when these transpot company rack in millions of dollar of profit every year.

Wanna compare... compare apple with apple mah. not apple with orange mah. Simple logic also dun understand.

Edited by Kingcopa

WHEN Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong was a young civil servant working in the former Fullerton Building, he had, on occasion, waited as long as one hour to catch a bus home.

Today, most people who fail to get on a packed MRT train have to wait just six to eight minutes to get on the second or third train.

Looks like he long time no take bus.... In 2010, i sometimes still have to wait 1 hr for a bus....also at fullerton :angry:

SHOCKING!! Still living in the past? [furious]

Cannot stand his elitist-I-Tell-You mannerism.

Heard his daughter is now PR in the states. Not sure if this is truth or myth.

maybe they have reached a saturation point... not much further improvements can be made... come out with this story..

analogy.. when the cpu has already worked 100%, if u overclock it to push it further, u'll probably fry something..

so.. make do with the current situation and be grateful u're able to utilise 100% cpu [laugh]

If our transport company like SBS & SMRT dun earn crazy profit every year..... I will not complain if i have to wait 1hr for a bus.

I dun think we are being too much by demanding our waiting time to be shorter when these transpot company rack in millions of dollar of profit every year.

Wanna compare... compare apple with apple mah. not apple with orange mah. Simple logic also dun understand.

No, no, no ....someone said before, so the logic is compare your apple to a rotten apple and your orange to a rotten orange and be happy with what you have. In other words, don't comprain and start whining, you die your business. [furious]

the MRT and SBS should not be privatised in the 1st place. When profits get in the way, the services also suffer.

But the thing I din like is : the profits is always good one.

MRT - capacity cannot meet demand - BOD says erhhh if we always meet capacity, we are spending more money to cater to the same number of people. CHOP CHOP Not approved. To add shop space under their MRT station - CHOP CHOP Approved. see the problem ??

Now, just to get improvements need 6~8 yrs.

The MRT in HKG - to me is the best in the world.

The SBS now at least this morning got nice news of new buses... so their problem can be solved easier.

actually cannot blame the transport issues

its their FT and FW policies that affecting these chains of results

short run up figures of population to solve greying populations etc here

long term,all these negative effects coming already...

more pple,more jams etc..everything is relate to all these issues or rather layman term,Demand n Supply

Edited by Freestylers09

I think SBS has not enough drivers to cope with the situation....

my uncle who is a bus driver has mentioned that even with the influx of FT drivers, they are still very short-handed.... his lunch eat halfway must drive again then after that route finish then can finish his lunch... hopefully

the MRT and SBS should not be privatised in the 1st place. When profits get in the way, the services also suffer.

But the thing I din like is : the profits is always good one.

MRT - capacity cannot meet demand - BOD says erhhh if we always meet capacity, we are spending more money to cater to the same number of people. CHOP CHOP Not approved. To add shop space under their MRT station - CHOP CHOP Approved. see the problem ??

Now, just to get improvements need 6~8 yrs.

The MRT in HKG - to me is the best in the world.

The SBS now at least this morning got nice news of new buses... so their problem can be solved easier.

go buy shares of smrt and your view will change ....

actually cannot blame the transport issues

its their FT and FW policies that affecting these chains of results

short run up figures of population to solve greying populations etc here

long term,all these negative effects coming already...

more pple,more jams etc..everything is relate to all these issues or rather layman term,Demand n Supply

This is the issue of Left Hand don't talk to Right Hand.

Left hand bring in the FTs, Right Hand sit in orpid shake legs and suddenly kena surprise attack and then say :

In the Olden days when I was a young man...

↡ Advertisement