What are we going to expect from the election?

Jun86

Neutral Newbie

Sick of reading threads blasting the gov not that I am super pro gov but it's getting old reading the same of ranting.

Let say the next general election see a radical change in the government ruling party and majority is won by oppositions.

What will we expect to see?

FT policies changes?

CPF policies changes?

Transport changes?

Wage changes?

Life style changes?

Education system changes?

Development changes?

Censorship changes?

Bills changes?

anything

Just like to hear from fellow MCFers on what they think the opposition can bring to the table and how it'll change our way of life in like 5-20years?

↡ Advertisement

The situation now is parliament only have 2 opp against the rest of the ruling parties member, to me its very unhealthy ratio. If there is a chance whereby more opps r elected into the parliament, at least it helps to minimize the unbalance and abuse of power from the other party. This is the change i would like to see.

Turbocharged

Just get GCT on the radio news saying that govt is going to send out invites to some of the PRs (currently got 500k) and invite them for citizenship. If they reject citizenship, then their PR status may not be renewed. Wow.

i'd rather go for the tried and tested ruling party with proven exemplary credentials and achievements, then to go for a make shift one that doesnt even have enough credible candidates. be grateful for what we have achieved so far without any natural resources . Look at what we are today compared to many other countries. Today, most of us here have a house of our own, can afford a car, security, a system thats works which include financial, medical, education, defence, transport, infrastructure, all world best standard. on top of this, the country is not in debt yet sound. Which other country allow you to buy a new first flat after working a few years with almost zero cash (those who did pls raise their hands) ? It is too easy to jump on the bandwagon of the criticising voice, but seriously which other country would you rather be born in ? It is alwasy too easy to criticise every policy but if you loook at the big picture and try to understand the rationale and constraints behind the policies, then you will know that it is these long sightedness behind the policies (and not populist policies) that have brought us to where we are today. Be grateful.

Edited by Vextan

i'd rather go for the tried and tested ruling party with proven exemplary credentials and achievements, then to go for a make shift one that doesnt even have enough credible candidates. be grateful for what we have achieved so far without any natural resources . Look at what we are today compared to many other countries. Today, most of us here have a house of our own, can afford a car, security, a system thats works which include financial, medical, education, defence, transport, infrastructure, all world best standard. on top of this, the country is not in debt yet sound. Which other country allow you to buy a new flat after working a few years with almost zero cash ? Which other country would you rather be born in ? It is alwasy too easy to creiticise every policy but if you loook at the big picture and try to understand the rationale and constraints behind the policies, then you will know that it is these long sightedness behind the policies that have brought us to where we are today.

dude....you from P8P youth arh???

given Singapore's capable leadership,

we could have done much better....

:angry:

dude....you from P8P youth arh???

given Singapore's capable leadership,

we could have done much better....

:angry:

ha ha, just because i speak for them, doesnt mean i must be their member and want to carry their balls. i am just being objective (for this, i thank them for the education). we persistantly complain of minister's sky high salaries, but isnt the meritrocacy system that can benefited us and brought us to where we are today ? if we had paid peanuts to the civil servants thinking that they should serve the country for a token fee (how many will, if any? they have their aspirations and family to feed) , i am afraid capable and integrity people would have left a vaccum , and look at how marcos and suharto (and the entire gahment under their leadership) had ploughed their country of billions , and left them in poverty and many years behind ? Would we rather have that ?

You said we could have done much better, i agree there is room for improvement, but lets give credit where credit is due, and not criticise the gahment like it is worthless and wanting to change regime overnight

Edited by Vextan

i'd rather go for the tried and tested ruling party with proven exemplary credentials and achievements, then to go for a make shift one that doesnt even have enough credible candidates. be grateful for what we have achieved so far without any natural resources . Look at what we are today compared to many other countries. Today, most of us here have a house of our own, can afford a car, security, a system thats works which include financial, medical, education, defence, transport, infrastructure, all world best standard. on top of this, the country is not in debt yet sound. Which other country allow you to buy a new first flat after working a few years with almost zero cash (those who did pls raise their hands) ? It is too easy to jump on the bandwagon of the criticising voice, but seriously which other country would you rather be born in ? It is alwasy too easy to criticise every policy but if you loook at the big picture and try to understand the rationale and constraints behind the policies, then you will know that it is these long sightedness behind the policies (and not populist policies) that have brought us to where we are today. Be grateful.

Meaning to say sgreans got too much things to lose, hence wud rather sit back and listen to spin doctors i/o of having more objective policies.

Neutral Newbie

Sick of reading threads blasting the gov not that I am super pro gov but it's getting old reading the same of ranting.

Let say the next general election see a radical change in the government ruling party and majority is won by oppositions.

What will we expect to see?

FT policies changes?

CPF policies changes?

Transport changes?

Wage changes?

Life style changes?

Education system changes?

Development changes?

Censorship changes?

Bills changes?

anything

Just like to hear from fellow MCFers on what they think the opposition can bring to the table and how it'll change our way of life in like 5-20years?

will not change 1. if got freak result from election, lao lee say he will send in the army. zzzzz

Just get GCT on the radio news saying that govt is going to send out invites to some of the PRs (currently got 500k) and invite them for citizenship. If they reject citizenship, then their PR status may not be renewed. Wow.

A case of too little too late?

Electioneering stunt only

i'd rather go for the tried and tested ruling party with proven exemplary credentials and achievements, then to go for a make shift one that doesnt even have enough credible candidates. be grateful for what we have achieved so far without any natural resources . Look at what we are today compared to many other countries. Today, most of us here have a house of our own, can afford a car, security, a system thats works which include financial, medical, education, defence, transport, infrastructure, all world best standard. on top of this, the country is not in debt yet sound. Which other country allow you to buy a new flat after working a few years with almost zero cash ? It is too easy to jump on the bandwagon of the criticising voice, but seriously which other country would you rather be born in ? It is alwasy too easy to criticise every policy but if you loook at the big picture and try to understand the rationale and constraints behind the policies, then you will know that it is these long sightedness behind the policies (and not populist policies) that have brought us to where we are today. Be grateful.

I'm not going to compare Singapore to other countries, but rather let's look at what was promised back then when some of these policies were introduced and what those policies led us to now.

COE? Failed to achieve its objective, now becomes a money tree for govt.

ERP? Fail, same as above.

HDB? Failed. Prices keep going up year after year. I thought the HDB's main objective is to provide cheap and affordable housing for the general public?

Public transport? Failed. Fares keep going up with record profits year on year after privatisation. Only shareholders are smiling away.

FT policy? Fail. More and more foreign thrash are committing crimes here. Murder, robbery, road rage, the list goes on.

There are much much more that I will not bother to mention here.

PAP have done good in the past, but they are slowly losing the plot. Now all they care about is money. At least that is what I feel. And what's with the 385 million

Sorry but I've had enough from them. I have tried to look at the big picture but I find that it all revolves around $$. Otherwise why would somebody create a new post for himself and pay himself a few millions every year from taxpayers' money just to talk some stuff that doesn't make much sense?