Marathons in Singapore

Ah_roy81

Hey guys, any1 knows which marathon is in Feb - April 2011 which has the 10km distance? Cos i planning to train for marathon but i dun wan to go straight for the 42km, i prefer to gradually increase the distance..so im hoping to run 10km beginning of next yr..den 21km at adidas sundown in May..den eventually the StanChart 42km in Dec next yr. Any advice? Thanx in advance. [:)]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hey guys, any1 knows which marathon is in Feb - April 2011 which has the 10km distance? Cos i planning to train for marathon but i dun wan to go straight for the 42km, i prefer to gradually increase the distance..so im hoping to run 10km beginning of next yr..den 21km at adidas sundown in May..den eventually the StanChart 42km in Dec next yr. Any advice? Thanx in advance. [:)]

standard chartered got 10km. 21km. 42.195km. 84km.

you choose. but now already over registrations, I think..

I know May-end got Adidas Sundown! 10km. 42km.

• Praise 1

standard chartered got 10km. 21km. 42.195km. 84km.

you choose. but now already over registrations, I think..

I know May-end got Adidas Sundown! 10km. 42km.

I checked already, 2011 adidas sundown 10km only for women. What i want is to run 10km in a marathon early next yr b4 i run 21km in sundown and eventually 42km in stanchart

For only 10 km, save your money. No need to register and pay up for any official race. Just mark out a 10 km route and run it yourself [:)]

After all, your ultimate aim, and where official record/timing is desired, is the full marathon.

• Praise 1

For only 10 km, save your money. No need to register and pay up for any official race. Just mark out a 10 km route and run it yourself [:)]

After all, your ultimate aim, and where official record/timing is desired, is the full marathon.

agree... don't waste money on 10k races, most of these are not well organized. you dont need that motivation to run 10k, you can do it at your own. the earliest marathon event with 10k category is addidas sundown around end May, but that cat is only for women, or team. next is army half-marathon which is around august timeframe. i understand what you mean that you want to start on 10k races. i myself have collected quite alot of 10k finisher medals before running the full marathon, but after first full marathon, i lost interest in short races (less than half-marathon), you'll know what i mean when you get there....

• Praise 1

hmm.. actually 10km up to 21km, you can alwys run on your own...

Ya, go SGrunners and checkout their event calendar. . Singapore got plenty of 10km run thruout the year.

Coming soon with 10K run option will be

Sept- AHM ,

OCT - Mizuno Wave run, NB Real Run, Nike City Run 10K

Nov, ERA charity run,

Dec- Stand chart

Next yr - Check SG Runners calendar.

Ya, go SGrunners and checkout their event calendar. . Singapore got plenty of 10km run thruout the year.

Coming soon with 10K run option will be

Sept- AHM ,

OCT - Mizuno Wave run, NB Real Run, Nike City Run 10K

Nov, ERA charity run,

Dec- Stand chart

Next yr - Check SG Runners calendar.

Are you a runner yourself? [:p]

When I first started out many years back (maybe 6-7 years back), I'm also very on-the-ball joining many races. But back then, prices were cheap (maybe $10 odd for 10km race). But now, it's so commercialized. You want to find a race less than 30 bucks also got problem. And I won't ever forget that shitty feeling after a Mizuno run quite a few years back (badly organised, poor road marshalling, not enough water, long queues, bags got lost, etc). And we are paying quite close to 30 bucks for that kind of service. From then on, only those marathons or half marathons that is not too expensive, value for money will appeal to me. Anything shorter, I'll do my run in my air-conditioned gym in SAFRA.

When I first started out many years back (maybe 6-7 years back), I'm also very on-the-ball joining many races. But back then, prices were cheap (maybe $10 odd for 10km race). But now, it's so commercialized. You want to find a race less than 30 bucks also got problem. And I won't ever forget that shitty feeling after a Mizuno run quite a few years back (badly organised, poor road marshalling, not enough water, long queues, bags got lost, etc). And we are paying quite close to 30 bucks for that kind of service. From then on, only those marathons or half marathons that is not too expensive, value for money will appeal to me. Anything shorter, I'll do my run in my air-conditioned gym in SAFRA.

Are u refering to the one couple of years back at Bedok reserviour?

Are you the one that halt the threadmill at safra for hours? [laugh] 25min during peak time bro. [laugh]

Are u refering to the one couple of years back at Bedok reserviour?

Are you the one that halt the threadmill at safra for hours? [laugh] 25min during peak time bro. [laugh]

Haha. You were there too? Yup, that's the one that broke the camel's back. Too bad, they lost a customer in me, as well as many others who probably gave them a bad word of mouth as well.

Treadmill, got queue one meh? SAFRA leh, not your Clubfitt gyms. So far, if I run 1 hour also nobody stop me. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement