Marathons in Singapore

Ah_roy81

With SCSM ard the corner, just like to check how far can 1 run without hydration and refuelling?

Noticed that I started to feel hungry and sore ard the knee area from 12-15km onwards and  will stop my run thereafter (Max 20km)...

↡ Advertisement

26 minutes ago, Gunzy said:

With SCSM ard the corner, just like to check how far can 1 run without hydration and refuelling?

Noticed that I started to feel hungry and sore ard the knee area from 12-15km onwards and  will stop my run thereafter (Max 20km)...

Nutrition is subject to how much loading ( carbo) you have done like 2 days prior to run  but under normal diet situation I can last upto 18-19km without any 100 plus or refueling but water can go without 1st 5-6km ( night time running ) start and then need to rehydrate every 2-3km for sure; weather dependent to say the least........ I’m sure it varies person to person; more worried about untoward things like fainting

• Praise 5

49 minutes ago, Gunzy said:

Why torture yourself when SCSM logistic provides hydration (every 3 to 5km) and refuelling roughly every 10-12km.😁

My plan is the refuel every 10km, so it'll be 3 time refuelling along the way. Hydration, no plan, drink enough so as not to feel thirsty at any moment.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, Ender said:

Why torture yourself when SCSM logistic provides hydration (every 3 to 5km) and refuelling roughly every 10-12km.😁

My plan is the refuel every 10km, so it'll be 3 time refuelling along the way. Hydration, no plan, drink enough so as not to feel thirsty at any moment.

SCM makan makan is good all the way but maybe he is asking when just running solo at park and his endurance testing 

• Praise 5

sorry for not making myself clearer🙂

yes, i want to increase my lsd and was thinking how to go beyond 20km without stopping to eat/drink 

44 minutes ago, Ender said:

think your plan is 👍, will follow your advise

18 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

SCM makan makan is good all the way but maybe he is asking when just running solo at park and his endurance testing 

is there gel provided? or banana(will break running momentum though)?

I dun want to bring anything for the run...

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

Nutrition is subject to how much loading ( carbo) you have done like 2 days prior to run  but under normal diet situation I can last upto 18-19km without any 100 plus or refueling but water can go without 1st 5-6km ( night time running ) start and then need to rehydrate every 2-3km for sure; weather dependent to say the least........ I’m sure it varies person to person; more worried about untoward things like fainting

Noted, so far I can last till ard 15km without water and fuel...maybe still adapting to my weight loss since i started to jog from April this year 

39 minutes ago, Gunzy said:

think your plan is 👍, will follow your advise

Just checked the race guide, refuel with Gel, Banana and Pretzel at 11.6km, 23.6km and 32.7km.. 

This year got pretzel. Better tasting than gel, as I hate the taste of the gels.

This year also has ice chips. Don't know what is that? Use to cool ourselves or is it for us put them in our drink ?

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 2

30 minutes ago, Gunzy said:

sorry for not making myself clearer🙂

yes, i want to increase my lsd and was thinking how to go beyond 20km without stopping to eat/drink 

I  say if  there's a need to eat something or drink  so it can make you go the extra mileage, just eat or drink. Gaining the extra mileage is more important to me than training to stretch the mileage without food or drink.

• Praise 1

17 minutes ago, Ender said:

Just checked the race guide, refuel with Gel, Banana and Pretzel at 11.6km, 23.6km and 32.7km.. 

This year got pretzel. Better tasting than gel, as I hate the taste of the gels.

This year also got ice chips. Don't know what is that? Use to cool ourselves or is it for us put them in our drink ?

Looks good with so many variety, no need to bring anything😄

Ice chips, then can bring bandana to put inside...lol

3 hours ago, Gunzy said:

It’s best to train with your race plan in mind. Your body needs to get use to it.

I will take 1 mouthful every 30 mins. I also bring my own gel if my run exceed 2 hrs.

1 gel every hr. It takes about 45mins for gel to be release as energy.

Sore around knee area could be your running gait.

• Praise 1

55 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

It’s best to train with your race plan in mind. Your body needs to get use to it.

I will take 1 mouthful every 30 mins. I also bring my own gel if my run exceed 2 hrs.

1 gel every hr. It takes about 45mins for gel to be release as energy.

Sore around knee area could be your running gait.

this is the 1st time i am training for FM, so i just try to apply those info i have read as much as possible to help me complete the run with as little walking as possible...(not overly ambitious since only have over 6 months of jogging)

Refuelling and water intake will start trying out from now as i always do it after my run...(coz i am afraid to stop entirely to eat and drink as it will be hard to run at pace again)

Running gait wise i will find more info to improve on it, thanks for the pointer

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Ender said:

I participated in the inaugural 2nd bridge run in 1999 from Tuas to johor and back. 21km. All the water points (5/10/15) were dry, even at the end point. And we weren't stragglers; timing was below 2hrs but we were somewhere in the middle of the pack. Pitied the ones behind us

After a quick rest at the end point, went to a petrol station to buy 1.5L 100plus.

first n last time joining that event.

Nowadays the events are much better run (no pun intended).

• Praise 1

29 minutes ago, Gunzy said:

this is the 1st time i am training for FM, so i just try to apply those info i have read as much as possible to help me complete the run with as little walking as possible...(not overly ambitious since only have over 6 months of jogging)

Refuelling and water intake will start trying out from now as i always do it after my run...(coz i am afraid to stop entirely to eat and drink as it will be hard to run at pace again)

Running gait wise i will find more info to improve on it, thanks for the pointer

Should start tapering after coming weekend. Don’t overtrain.

Start FM at the same pace as training. Don’t influence by other runners 

• Praise 2

57 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Should start tapering after coming weekend. Don’t overtrain.

Start FM at the same pace as training. Don’t influence by other runners 

Thanks bro, will try the longest lsd i can this coming week...

btw ,what's the furthest i can run for the last 2 weeks? <10km per run ?

Edited by Gunzy

4 hours ago, Gunzy said:

Noted, so far I can last till ard 15km without water and fuel...maybe still adapting to my weight loss since i started to jog from April this year 

Wouldn’t do that actually .... be in your comfort zone... take some water for sure ..... dehydration can be fatal ...... don’t even think of the repercussions even if you are elite runner 

• Praise 5

19 minutes ago, Gunzy said:

Thanks bro, will try the longest lsd i can this coming week...

btw ,what's the furthest i can run for the last 2 weeks? <10km per run ?

No longer than 1 hr for week day.

For week end, not more than 2 hrs.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1