Marathons in Singapore

Ah_roy81

4 hours ago, Ender said:

Just checked the race guide, refuel with Gel, Banana and Pretzel at 11.6km, 23.6km and 32.7km.. 

This year got pretzel. Better tasting than gel, as I hate the taste of the gels.

This year also has ice chips. Don't know what is that? Use to cool ourselves or is it for us put them in our drink ?

Pretzals ...... something really new .... Ice was used traditional in the old days in a plastic bag and I have asked many times to Sports Council to provide them for easing pain and also cooling our body .... easier to suck ice cubes in mouth slowly than taking a large gulp of water ....: more difficult to swallow too 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

16 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Wouldn’t do that actually .... be in your comfort zone... take some water for sure ..... dehydration can be fatal ...... don’t even think of the repercussions even if you are elite runner 

yes bro, been monitoring my hr during run, making sure its comfortable...seldom above 160

so now for >20k would need to learn to refuel properly

11 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Pretzals ...... something really new .... Ice was used traditional in the old days in a plastic bag and I have asked many times to Sports Council to provide them for easing pain and also cooling our body .... easier to suck ice cubes in mouth slowly than taking a large gulp of water ....: more difficult to swallow too 

Haven’t done any run in Singapore for some times.

No even sure whether water is sufficiently provided.

Ice will be a logistical nightmare.

6 hours ago, Gunzy said:

Looks good with so many variety, no need to bring anything😄

Ice chips, then can bring bandana to put inside...lol

Since this is your first FM, don't be so hard on yourself. Each station relax drink and eat enough, so you don't feel thirsty and hungry at any moment. 

Next year than train to beat this year timing. This year don't set the bar too high 😁

• Praise 2

46 minutes ago, Ender said:

Since this is your first FM, don't be so hard on yourself. Each station relax drink and eat enough, so you don't feel thirsty and hungry at any moment. 

Next year than train to beat this year timing. This year don't set the bar too high 😁

Hehee, actually my 1st FM was in 2017, joined as friends dared me 😆

naively, only ran a few 3-4km training at that time for a few weeks thinking it was good enough, then wore new cushioned shoes/socks n kenna very bad blisters and walked alot..really alot (but i didn't road hog lah😅)

this round was a last minute decision to join due to the $54 promotion n 1st evening run...(so cheapo me, intended to join next year initially) and it got me started reading up on FM prep n training 👍

Think should be able to PB this round since started jogging for 6 months plus liao and lost quite some weight (can't be worse than the 1st FM bah)...wahahaa🤣

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Gunzy said:

Hehee, actually my 1st FM was in 2017, joined as friends dared me 😆

naively, only ran a few 3-4km training at that time for a few weeks thinking it was good enough, then wore new cushioned shoes/socks n kenna very bad blisters and walked alot..really alot (but i didn't road hog lah😅)

this round was a last minute decision to join due to the $54 promotion n 1st evening run...(so cheapo me, intended to join next year initially) and it got me started reading up on FM prep n training 👍

Think should be able to PB this round since started jogging for 6 months plus liao and lost quite some weight (can't be worse than the 1st FM bah)...wahahaa🤣

Ha ha interestingly many come stylo milo with a beltfull of dunno how many liquids n camelbacks as if we are running in some kind of remote desert..... more than enuff Is provided for even bananas to get you monkeying 💪🏼 ...... my only hope is that they have sufficient lighting since it’s at night and slightest terrain change or even road humps or incline can be fatal as feet become wobbly after like 35km 

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Ha ha interestingly many come stylo milo with a beltfull of dunno how many liquids n camelbacks as if we are running in some kind of remote desert..... more than enuff Is provided for even bananas to get you monkeying 💪🏼 ...... my only hope is that they have sufficient lighting since it’s at night and slightest terrain change or even road humps or incline can be fatal as feet become wobbly after like 35km 

indeed, always see alot wear until garang garang type but actually for show only 😋

yep, lighting is important, especially now old and old flower eye liao have to be extra careful 😅

4 hours ago, Gunzy said:

indeed, always see alot wear until garang garang type but actually for show only 😋

yep, lighting is important, especially now old and old flower eye liao have to be extra careful 😅

Not for show lah.  They have their own hydration strategy that the 3 to 5km water stations can't meet. They have prepared well this way during their training, so they are replicating it at race too. The old advice not to change to much during race applies here.  

Edited by Ender

41 minutes ago, Ender said:

Not for show lah.  They have their own hydration strategy that the 3 to 5km water stations can't meet. They have prepared well this way during their training, so they are replicating it at race too. The old advice not to change to much during race applies here.  

ah so des, gonna build my own too, probably a bottle holder for lsd... but race no need anything since all are provided (clean fatigue best)

1 hour ago, Gunzy said:

ah so des, gonna build my own too, probably a bottle holder for lsd... but race no need anything since all are provided (clean fatigue best)

Just use your hand to hold water bottle lo.  Take it as weight training.

Runners collection their race pack next week, I read from the sgRunners forum there will be a booth collecting  old shoes, t-shirt and old medals for recycling. We can do our littler part.

http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23574-standard-chartered-singapore-marathon-2019-29-nov-1-dec-fri-sun/page/13/&tab=comments#comment-537968

This year we will be in the SCSM marketing section of the expo. Also we will be collecting:

- unwanted t-shirts and running shoes in good condition to give to the migrant workers via ItsRainingRainCoats  Hoping we can get them joining free Parkruns on Saturday
- unwanted running shoes in bad condition - Active SG will be using these to refurbish / make running tracks
- unwanted medals - we will repurpose them if they are the pretend plastic type or get them sent to a metal collector if they are metal

Collected my Race Pack today. Very smooth collection.

There's a Sundown booth, FM for $65 only during the REPC period. But the review was bad for this year, so I skip this.

There's  Theragun Booth. Amazing deep tissue massage. Wish I could afford one. Very expensive at $699. 

Weather damn shiok today , hope tomorrow no rain , collected race pack ...... as usual damn irritating part is the touting by insurance companies , credit cards and financial planning companies 

AC6D8CD2-3242-43C5-B53D-F48E32AB3B44.jpeg

855BB43C-D0CB-49D4-B3E3-F870A9611248.jpeg

• Praise 5

30 minutes ago, Gunzy said:

Have a great SCSM 2019 to all participants!!!😉

Have a great run tomoorw to all runners, going by tonight's cool weather.

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Ender said:

Have a great run tomoorw to all runners, going by tonight's cool weather.

Seems like maybe will rain in the aftenoon ( like yesterday ) and stop around 5pm -6pm , gotta be careful of wet roads and shoes will  start to squeak ( if got ponding here n there ) if wet and reduce efficiency ; got kenna about 3-4 years back but luckily was towards the 37 km mark ; had to take off my shoes to run but was painful feeling as feet were already sore 

• Praise 6