Marathons in Singapore

Ah_roy81

29 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Registration fee for Marathon: $104 - $150

Like petrol prices ....... all follow ... 15% StanCard discount plus actually got another webstite Active something for those done 300km n above but my Anti Virus red flag it ... quite confusing actually (as they had special price only less than 24 hours ) and its red flagged :lll._.:  dunno how they work ..... now asking my friend in Stanchart to kick some ass and clear the air

image.png.69618c4514b4060e78859bfda5d33064.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic

Just signed up for FM.  I just treat it as my only race of the year, so mentally easier to accept the cost.  Going forward, this will only be my race. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Ender said:

Just signed up for FM.  I just treat it as my only race of the year, so mentally easier to accept the cost.  Going forward, this will only be my race. 

How much you kenna pay $$ ...........(did you avail the 15% stanchart CC discount)??

Hypersonic
Just now, BanCoe said:

How much you kenna pay $$ ...........(did you avail the 15% stanchart CC discount)??

Aiyah, I procrastinate and my priority booking of $100.28 (all inclusive) expired . So end up I got tier 1 pricing of $104+$9.xx(admin charge). 

• Haha! 2

On 6/26/2022 at 11:25 AM, inlinesix said:

Going to Cameron for Cultra next month.

Then, HM in Standard Chartered KL in November.

Will skip local races.

have you done Cultra before? I wonder if it is more hike/walk than run? But the cool climate is a definite plus!

On 6/26/2022 at 11:25 AM, inlinesix said:

On 6/24/2022 at 2:40 PM, inlinesix said:

Registration fee for Marathon: $104 - $150

I used to paid 30 plus with yearly increment up till 70plus. Then retired from full marathon.😁

Now 150...Absurd pricing !😰

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

have you done Cultra before? I wonder if it is more hike/walk than run? But the cool climate is a definite plus!

Cultra virgin.
I signed up 15km. No idea whether more hike/walk or not

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

I used to paid 30 plus with yearly increment up till 70plus. Then retired from full marathon.😁

I stopped about 10 years ago.

Went to SCHK for 3 or 4 years.

Fujisan Marathon in 2017.

Did SC Taipei HM in 2029

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Got kum gong kia pay to run. Oh wait, errrr

• Haha! 1

(edited)
38 minutes ago, Ender said:

Got kum gong kia pay to run. Oh wait, errrr

Only those elite were invited. I am not in those class this need to pay for the run. Well back then we're pretty worth it consider 70plus dollars for tee, finisher tee, cert and medal. 😁

Once of those year, I even gotten a citizen solar power watch from the organiser. Retail price was US300plus😁

By the way, MR races also need to pay registration fees even though it is mainly on invite only event. 😁

Edited by Kopites

On 6/27/2022 at 6:35 PM, TangoCharlie said:

Finished this morning. There are 3 hills to climb.

I hike/walk up and down these 3 hills.

The rest is road which I run.

It is possible to run if you are comfortable with slippery track.

F4E3753F-C4E3-433F-87F2-A0626694F9AB.jpeg

• Praise 2

I used to take part in these races.

But the lockdown and pandemic has conditioned me to run alone using petrol kiosks as water and toilet points.

I find that incredibly liberating. No need to wake up at 5 am anymore or squeeze with others for water at water point.

Downside is I have to deal with cyclists and some of them are really troublesome to deal with. Thats another issue.

• Praise 1

Not that it concersn me, only for the elite and podium runners. They are taking pay cut too. Also no prize for local competition. Our local runners are still far from smelling the world class elites, so no singaporean will win any prize money this year.

https://themonitor.sg/2022/09/18/standard-chartered-singapore-marathon-prize-money-drops-from-more-than-300000-in-2019-to-only-70000-this-year-no-prize-money-for-singaporean-elite-runners/?fbclid=IwAR2Jdj3fUPnEQUuuqBKsBZgLI613lsxoZL4EOjkv5vSyuBj_oRV3TLnt9kk

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon prize money drops from more than $300,000 in 2019 to only $70,000 this year. No prize money for Singaporean elite runners? 

• Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Ender said:

Not that it concersn me, only for the elite and podium runners. They are taking pay cut too. Also no prize for local competition. Our local runners are still far from smelling the world class elites, so no singaporean will win any prize money this year.

https://themonitor.sg/2022/09/18/standard-chartered-singapore-marathon-prize-money-drops-from-more-than-300000-in-2019-to-only-70000-this-year-no-prize-money-for-singaporean-elite-runners/?fbclid=IwAR2Jdj3fUPnEQUuuqBKsBZgLI613lsxoZL4EOjkv5vSyuBj_oRV3TLnt9kk

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon prize money drops from more than $300,000 in 2019 to only $70,000 this year. No prize money for Singaporean elite runners? 

Must be the lack of sponsors. Hopefully this time standchart dont blocks some of the roads and cause inconvenience to others like pre-covid times.

↡ Advertisement