Marathons in Singapore

Ah_roy81

I'm kinda in a boycott mode with standchart since this year when their fees for full marathon is approaching $100..

Anyway now feel that half marathon is just nice for my limit.. Full marathon for me,  the last 10km is a half walk, half snail pace jog, which for is exceed my limit.

Actually now most sports are all $$$ minded (even if they say got this sponsored and that sponsored) Actually if you register early bird and use the StanChart Cards its only something like $65/- for full marathon ; In the old days they used to give loyal runners discounts and used to send advance mailers but now no more leh! Even the freebies are pathetic (nothing but stupid paper vouchers to buy over-inflated things) and last years run they ran out of banana's and seems like they cut down on energy gels too;

Even the cheapest one the 1/2 Army Marathon also no more !! cheap cheap at like $9/- for all ex NSF's ; Do NS for what?? this one small contribution also govt. cannot suppork!!

......... and they even stopped doing the SAFRA Biathlon too for the last 2 years (which was quite reasonably priced) or so and who can afford the Triathlon at almost $200/-!!! 

↡ Advertisement

Actually now most sports are all $$$ minded (even if they say got this sponsored and that sponsored) Actually if you register early bird and use the StanChart Cards its only something like $65/- for full marathon ; In the old days they used to give loyal runners discounts and used to send advance mailers but now no more leh! Even the freebies are pathetic (nothing but stupid paper vouchers to buy over-inflated things) and last years run they ran out of banana's and seems like they cut down on energy gels too;

Even the cheapest one the 1/2 Army Marathon also no more !! cheap cheap at like $9/- for all ex NSF's ; Do NS for what?? this one small contribution also govt. cannot suppork!!

......... and they even stopped doing the SAFRA Biathlon too for the last 2 years (which was quite reasonably priced) or so and who can afford the Triathlon at almost $200/-!!! 

That why you'll see me joining more of the community organised run. Just a few weeks ago I ran the Punggol Otter Run organised by Punggol CC.  

That why you'll see me joining more of the community organised run. Just a few weeks ago I ran the Punggol Otter Run organised by Punggol CC.  

Agree and I did the CCK farm run ..... cheap cheap (if got passion card got discount) and lots of makan makan at the end  2 years back; but now they also cut down with cheapo stuff give aways    

Agree and I did the CCK farm run ..... cheap cheap (if got passion card got discount) and lots of makan makan at the end 2 years back; but now they also cut down with cheapo stuff give aways

Cck farm run? How is it like?

• Praise 4

Cck farm run? How is it like?

Just a relaxing walk along the farmway roads there(not into the farms!  of course - usually held in Oct ); lots of greenery 

check out the website

https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiAuq_EnrjJAhUMUY4KHQzkBA8QFggaMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justrunlah.com%2Frace%2Fchua-chu-kang-b-i-g-farm-walk-run-2015%2F&usg=AFQjCNGxdh4TYw99nX-EzWbki-ixvd_icw

Top local male runner Mok was just a minute faster than the overall top female runner!!

Just can't imagine how these Kenyan women can run so fast averaging more than 15.3km/h!!

The Kenyan men were running close to 20km/h [thumbsup]

• Praise 7

Part of the problem is the government - all the crowd control and road closure and everything so freaking expensive

Top local male runner Mok was just a minute faster than the overall top female runner!!

Just can't imagine how these Kenyan women can run so fast averaging more than 15.3km/h!!

There is a leopard or lion running after them? [grin]

I did half yesterday.  This year, the route in Sentosa was shortened.  The route along Pasir Panjang expressway was lengthened till Labrador Park.

Inside Sentosa, i was running with 2:45 pacer group.

On Pasir Panjang expressway, it was so hot that i have to walk & run till the end.

Likely, i will downgrade further to 10km if route stays the same or start time stays the same.

Looking forward to run HM in HK in January 2016.

• Praise 1

they look like skeletons on steroids  [bounce2]  full turbo , supercharged all the way  

Was watching the news last nite

All 3 top runners were from kenyan, the top prize was 60k

Didnt know the prize money is so much

Actually its a kind of "pakat" or "syndicate" doing it I was told, but don't say I say one [lipsrsealed] , its a sort of business actually, but then again no Europeans/Americans with all the high tech machines/doctors/ or what not techno or even other Asians can take this African's on

they look like skeletons on steroids [bounce2] full turbo , supercharged all the way

Actually its a kind of "pakat" or "syndicate" doing it I was told, but don't say I say one [lipsrsealed] , its a sort of business actually, but then again no Europeans/Americans with all the high tech machines/doctors/ or what not techno or even other Asians can take this African's on

Congrats on completing the marathon! Its a feat, not easy at all :)

Think it may be true that they specially go around n participate in all these marathons, was just wondering that they are pretty resourceful to come all the way here to participate, dun think sgaporeans can outrun them at all

• Praise 2

I did half yesterday.  This year, the route in Sentosa was shortened.  The route along Pasir Panjang expressway was lengthened till Labrador Park.

On Pasir Panjang expressway, it was so hot that i have to walk & run till the end.

Likely, i will downgrade further to 10km if route stays the same or start time stays the same.

I was running the HM as well. I started as second wave from Sentosa around 640am. This year there are pacers for HM as well unlike previous years pacers only available for FM runner.

I would say the terrain for SCMS HM is tough due lots of slope and hills. I would break the race into 4 quadrants.

The 1st 5km your leg are fresh but u need to avoid human obstacles or walkers. It is also very humid running at Sentosa. So u waste a lot of energy zip zap around. At Merlion that area the road is narrow and jam so i have to slow down and walk. After passing that point so far so good and no human jam.

The second quarter between 5-10Km, there are some slopes in sentosa but I tried to maintain my pace upslope and downslope I glide down to save energy. Manage to take a photo or two with the character in USS.

The 3rd quarter between 10-15Km, once I am out of sentosa at around 10Km mark, it is a upslope at AYE and at the mercy of the sun as it start to shine bright and getting warm. The drinking station is pathetic and only have mineral water. I only manage a cup of 100 plus at around 12Km mark with the sun out scorching hot.

The 4th quarter between 16Km-21Km mark is a tortured, my leg start to feel a bit crampy and applied the tiger balm cream and only manage to drink 100plus at around 18Km mark. From there I start to walk and run manage to pass the 2:45 pacer but 2:30 pacer is nowhere insights. Keep counting every time pass the distance marker saying and console myself it will be over soon. Finally in the last 400m manage to put a good run and sprint to the finish line.

Overall for SCMS HM this year, I would say the route is okay as less human jam but the water point is a problem as not enough isotonic drinks like 100 plus and the weather is damn hot and humid.

• Praise 1

That I agree. I was in the first wave running with the 2:45 pacers, we might be running together yesterday if you're in the first way.. But after the 16km water point I got left behind cos had to go to the toilet..

But I really agree, the route is actually still ok but cos of the timing we started out, I literally couldn't make it off west coast highway.. I was just a torture up on top cos it was soooo hot.. Depend on the timing, I will also change if they keep the same as this year.. Although the Sentosa route was really good.

• Praise 1

I was running the HM as well. I started as second wave from Sentosa around 640am. This year there are pacers for HM as well unlike previous years pacers only available for FM runner.

I would say the terrain for SCMS HM is tough due lots of slope and hills. I would break the race into 4 quadrants.

The 1st 5km your leg are fresh but u need to avoid human obstacles or walkers. It is also very humid running at Sentosa. So u waste a lot of energy zip zap around. At Merlion that area the road is narrow and jam so i have to slow down and walk. After passing that point so far so good and no human jam.

The second quarter between 5-10Km, there are some slopes in sentosa but I tried to maintain my pace upslope and downslope I glide down to save energy. Manage to take a photo or two with the character in USS.

The 3rd quarter between 10-15Km, once I am out of sentosa at around 10Km mark, it is a upslope at AYE and at the mercy of the sun as it start to shine bright and getting warm. The drinking station is pathetic and only have mineral water. I only manage a cup of 100 plus at around 12Km mark with the sun out scorching hot.

The 4th quarter between 16Km-21Km mark is a tortured, my leg start to feel a bit crampy and applied the tiger balm cream and only manage to drink 100plus at around 18Km mark. From there I start to walk and run manage to pass the 2:45 pacer but 2:30 pacer is nowhere insights. Keep counting every time pass the distance marker saying and console myself it will be over soon. Finally in the last 400m manage to put a good run and sprint to the finish line.

Overall for SCMS HM this year, I would say the route is okay as less human jam but the water point is a problem as not enough isotonic drinks like 100 plus and the weather is damn hot and humid.

I arrived at 6am and 1st wave was closed.  I jump over the line to join 1st wave.  After 2km, i managed to catch up with 2:45 pacer till Prima.

• Praise 1

That I agree. I was in the first wave running with the 2:45 pacers, we might be running together yesterday if you're in the first way.. But after the 16km water point I got left behind cos had to go to the toilet..

But I really agree, the route is actually still ok but cos of the timing we started out, I literally couldn't make it off west coast highway.. I was just a torture up on top cos it was soooo hot.. Depend on the timing, I will also change if they keep the same as this year.. Although the Sentosa route was really good.

I am also in 1st wave too.  I was running behind the pacers from Siloso Beach up to Prima.  I rem 1 guy in white top, are you that guy?

↡ Advertisement