Do YOu THink SG Should Have Kei Car Category?

Mini-itx

As a move towards greener cars. Do you think Gahment should have something like Japan's Kei car category. HAving small CC and small cars instead of big ones. When I look at oversea website (eg Toyota UK), I see they selling small cars at low prices, good for single or couple and even students.

Cut cost and cut pollution. These small cars uses less petrol and puts out less pollution than even small cars like Swift or Jazz etc.

↡ Advertisement

I think some country they have free road tax if you buy cars with carbon output less than 100g per 1km or 10km I forgot.....But is a good way of changing people mind set to buy kei cars....

As a move towards greener cars. Do you think Gahment should have something like Japan's Kei car category. HAving small CC and small cars instead of big ones. When I look at oversea website (eg Toyota UK), I see they selling small cars at low prices, good for single or couple and even students.

Cut cost and cut pollution. These small cars uses less petrol and puts out less pollution than even small cars like Swift or Jazz etc.

Whatever they do even by having more categories, they should not increase the quota further and COE should still be kept high. This is if they are serious about controlling vehicle number in this tiny island.

Regards,

LTA are old dinosaurs la.. forget about having this K car category.. but then if they really had this category, i would switch over since i'm driving alone most of the time.

Whatever they do even by having more categories, they should not increase the quota further and COE should still be kept high. This is if they are serious about controlling vehicle number in this tiny island.

Regards,

If each car takes up less space, then perhaps more cars can fill the road? Then lanes can bee narrower. Then a 3 lane road can become 4 lane?

Eg the stupid jam at CTE exit to PIE due to merging lane. Imagine 2 kei cars can go side by side, voola! Don't need to queue up and reduced jams!

and promote more traffic jams and lesser car parks?

two hands up for government to limit loan to 7 years and at less 20% for new and 2nd hand car downpayment.

than up hourly parking 50%, season parking 100% plus ERP whole day for every road till 7pm!

Going green campaign is only a half-hearted effort by LTA. If they really mean it, they would have allow more diesel powered car by reducing the diesel tax.

We already have a shortage of carpark space and K car will also take up 1 car space....no difference.

Edited by Fcw75

But they still occupy same space on the road and same number of parking lot.

We are going to see more traffic jam (ie. higher ERP) and higher parking cost if more pple move from public transport to kei car.

If each car takes up less space, then perhaps more cars can fill the road? Then lanes can bee narrower. Then a 3 lane road can become 4 lane?

Since you mentioned that kei cars are popular in Japan, do you think they make their lanes narrower because of Kei Cars?

Regards,

kei car is already on the roads , i own one.

all the 600cc cars are only available thru parrallel import by PIs

Only good is cheaper road tax and cheaper run for petrol. insureance same, depends on cat.

other than that, Sg pple most want big car small engine. or big car big engine.

agents only see profit margine, thus nv bring in.

and jap kei cars not cheap. even parts are not cheap

u wanna buy at 60-80k a kei jap car, or a 1.6L tomyam car with space more usable?

most pple will chose the later.

not to consider sg cars are going so much reckless and faster on normal roads, the safety wise is not so good compare to normal built cars. pple scare with langa can die.

i went overseas driving , so much lesser accidents, more grace to road user.

90kmh road, 91kmh dio fine liao. camera everywhere.

even in australia, ppls are so trained not to speed, in housing areas only 40-60kmh. and pple are foillowing the rules.

in Sg, u see pple speeding 70-90 kmh in HDBs estates, and always pple killed here and there.

accidents every raining day.

hai... wat to do?

so kei cars become like a cult thing, a trendy thing, fashion object.

pple buy as spare toy car or similar.

Edited by Circuit

Going green campaign is only a half-hearted effort by LTA. If they really mean it, they would have allow more diesel powered car by reducing the diesel tax.

We already have a shortage of carpark space and K car will also take up 1 car space....no difference.

How about redrawing the lots to allow more cars to park? Cause I see many carparks have non parking areas because its too small for normal cars. Kei cars have no problems occupying them though.

LTA should have more flexibility here. BEcause Kei cars takes up less space, extra lots could but drawn along side of the roads to let Kei car park, then they don't need to use normal lots. Parallel parking lots are esp. good for Kei cars.

kei car is already on the roads , i own one.

all the 600cc cars are only available thru parrallel import by PIs

Only good is cheaper road tax and cheaper run for petrol. insureance same, depends on cat.

other than that, Sg pple most want big car small engine. or big car big engine.

agents only see profit margine, thus nv bring in.

and jap kei cars not cheap. even parts are not cheap

u wanna buy at 60-80k a kei jap car, or a 1.6L tomyam car with space more usable?

most pple will chose the later.

not to consider sg cars are going so much reckless and faster on normal roads, the safety wise is not so good compare to normal built cars. pple scare with langa can die.

i went overseas driving , so much lesser accidents, more grace to road user.

90kmh road, 91kmh dio fine liao. camera everywhere.

even in australia, ppls are so trained not to speed, in housing areas only 40-60kmh. and pple are foillowing the rules.

in Sg, u see pple speeding 70-90 kmh in HDBs estates, and always pple killed here and there.

accidents every raining day.

hai... wat to do?

so kei cars become like a cult thing, a trendy thing, fashion object.

pple buy as spare toy car or similar.

I do agree with you that the mentality of many Singaporeans is not exactly "right". I feel many are treating cars like some to fill their ego, pride and kiasu mentality. ITs like others have a car, so I must have one not to lose out. The bigger the better.

They are reluctant to give up the milk.. They get tax revenue from petrol remember?

I do agree with you that the mentality of many Singaporeans is not exactly "right". I feel many are treating cars like some to fill their ego, pride and kiasu mentality. ITs like others have a car, so I must have one not to lose out. The bigger the better.

not totally ego for some. not for me at least, i drive a kia MPV, no ego to talk about.

eg. you are married with a new kid.

now kids below 8 need to be in a car seat.

let's say U drive a normal 1.5 small hatchback

U drive, yr wife sit besides u, yr kid in the baby sit behind. yr mother in law beside the kid. thats it. So, if you have sis, bro, mother wants to come too, how to squeeze?

unless yr family got a second car, there's no way u can go for a family day at the beach or a simple eat out....

and lets put it in a more "cramp" perspective, u got twins, Congratulations!

so now, where yr mother in law is gonna sit?

and we have yet to put the maid into the equation......

Edited by Tom_kkh

How about redrawing the lots to allow more cars to park? Cause I see many carparks have non parking areas because its too small for normal cars. Kei cars have no problems occupying them though.

LTA should have more flexibility here. BEcause Kei cars takes up less space, extra lots could but drawn along side of the roads to let Kei car park, then they don't need to use normal lots. Parallel parking lots are esp. good for Kei cars.

You still got hope in LTA ah? You're very optimistic! [laugh]

They are reluctant to give up the milk.. They get tax revenue from petrol remember?

Precisely. That's my point. It's all about $$$ only. Going green, next!

↡ Advertisement