How much maintenance for Nissan Latio, Toyota Vios & Lancer

Bau_ong

if you ask me, i am driving the old vios.

a very conventional car and very cheap to maintain as compared to latio.

my friend who drive a latio, prefer the drive of a vios over a latio, but comfort wise, latio wins.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

latio must be using platinum plugs for OEM. No option to use copper plugs meh?

Latio spark plug size difference from standard copper plug. But again you only spend $100+ spark plug for 10 years of driving.

Edited by Civic3106

I was looking for the Bosch one. I heard they are much better and stronger. Anyone knows where to get it?

I was looking for the Bosch one. I heard they are much better and stronger. Anyone knows where to get it?

stick to the jap oem.

Neutral Newbie

For Nissan Latio, I just changed the rotor disc, air-con filter,brake pad, normal servicing, engine fuel and air-con belt which cost me a huge amount.

I still have yet to change the spart plug and rear combustion pipe which is leaking...

Neutral Newbie

For Nissan Latio, I just changed the rotor disc, air-con filter,brake pad, normal servicing, engine fuel and air-con belt which cost me a huge amount.

I still have yet to change the spart plug and rear combustion pipe which is leaking...

Mine vios 2009 ..so far usage 130k mileage , almost 5 years ..bought in early 2009

Wear n Tear Parts

1 - change - shock absorber ,front and behind "this year" - $600 ++

2 - rear wheel bearing "this year" - $300 ++

3 - tyre 2 time all 4 piece " year 2011 and sept 2013 "- $900 ++ r15/195/55

4 - battery 2 time " year 2011 and early 2013 " - $300 ++

5 - Radiator fan " year 2012" - $150 ++

6 - normal servicing and major - u can get from autosaver actuall pricing "total around $2300"

7 - pulley and something " year 2009 " - I forget already - around $150 ++ ...AD almost charge me double or more

Simple calculation - you need to put aside $10k for parts n servicing base on 10 year running cost

havent include petrol , carpark , erp, road tax n insurance ...

all the way i service in Autosaver toh guan .still cheaper than AD ..i find autosaver slightly x but i like their service.

actually i prefer AD but somehow got 1 event which make me stay with auto saver ..because AD not able to find the problem as every morning i got this Belting sound .... after a while than gone .. but when i go to AD ..no sound and cannot find the problem. i try my luck go auto saver ..wah lah .... they help me resolve ..he just do some tightening ..and it works like magic.

note,

item 1and 5 should be cover under warranty if you service in AD ..anyway what the heck ..too far from my work place

hope this info helps for those who want to buy car ...think ..think and think yah..before buy ..better be safe than sorry

Based on Vios:

For normal servicing, it's around $120 (10k), $ 240 (20k) , $360 (40k).

Wiper blade (every 2 yrs or 40k) - $40

Battery (every 2-3 yr) - $100

Types ( every 3 yrs or 60k km) - $500

Fan belt (80k km) - can't remember

Brake pads (60 k km) - $150/ pair

Shock absorber (say on 5th yr/ 120k km) - $600/pair

Water pump/ hose after 6 yr

On the avg, it's less than $1000/ yr...

Mine vios 2009 ..so far usage 130k mileage , almost 5 years ..bought in early 2009

Wear n Tear Parts

1 - change - shock absorber ,front and behind "this year" - $600 ++

2 - rear wheel bearing "this year" - $300 ++

3 - tyre 2 time all 4 piece " year 2011 and sept 2013 "- $900 ++ r15/195/55

4 - battery 2 time " year 2011 and early 2013 " - $300 ++

5 - Radiator fan " year 2012" - $150 ++

6 - normal servicing and major - u can get from autosaver actuall pricing "total around $2300"

7 - pulley and something " year 2009 " - I forget already - around $150 ++ ...AD almost charge me double or more

Simple calculation - you need to put aside $10k for parts n servicing base on 10 year running cost

havent include petrol , carpark , erp, road tax n insurance ...

all the way i service in Autosaver toh guan .still cheaper than AD ..i find autosaver slightly x but i like their service.

actually i prefer AD but somehow got 1 event which make me stay with auto saver ..because AD not able to find the problem as every morning i got this Belting sound .... after a while than gone .. but when i go to AD ..no sound and cannot find the problem. i try my luck go auto saver ..wah lah .... they help me resolve ..he just do some tightening ..and it works like magic.

note,

item 1and 5 should be cover under warranty if you service in AD ..anyway what the heck ..too far from my work place

hope this info helps for those who want to buy car ...think ..think and think yah..before buy ..better be safe than sorry

yesterday 8/9/2014 complete my 130k servicing ..at autosaver ...seems new people ...

change pulley n other stuff with labour $1110

change battery amaron $120

aircon filter $21.50

normal servicing $138

damage total $400 ++ after some discount

yesterday 8/9/2014 complete my 130k servicing ..at autosaver ...seems new people ...

aircon filter $21.50

normal servicing $138

Ummm after nearly 1 year, you still do a second time of 130k service?.. Whole year not driving?... Hehehe

aircon filter $21.50

normal servicing $138

oppsss sorry bro my milage already hit 142k ..but doing 130k servicing ...hehehehe

Ummm after nearly 1 year, you still do a second time of 130k service?.. Whole year not driving?... Hehehe

soorry bro ...hehehe typo error ..im doing 130k servicing as my milages already hit more than 140k

aircon filter $21.50

normal servicing $138

change pulley n other stuff with labour $111 ...typo error

change pulley n other stuff with labour $111 ...typo error

now milage around 160k +++ nothing change for now

Turbocharged

Taken aback by the exorbitant parts replacement costs at Tan Chong for a bread and butter Nissan Latio.

Radiator slight leak, why must change fan motor and thermostat?

Engine no vibration, but claim engine mountings are worn.

Slight aircon gas leak, change the entire aircon. Why cannot just change the faulty part?

If change everything, will cost $4,800 excl GST.

post-27974-0-10134900-1459340967_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng

Turbocharged

Taken aback by the exorbitant parts replacement costs at Tan Chong for a bread and butter Nissan Latio.

Slight aircon gas leak, change the entire aircon. Why cannot just change the faulty part?

I only service free till 10k at TC and outside workshop ever since...

Radiator, ~$700

Engine mount, don't know, Still on original mount after 9yrs+

Compressor , $550+

Hehehe....

because it is a commercial world and they need to make a living and sustain their livelihood.

Go outside, there are plenty of people who will be able to provide a fix for a traditional platform like Latio, it is not so exclusive.

I would:

see whether a radiator repair can be done  (rather than replacement).

Thermostat change is a good idea.

Leave the engine mounts alone (unless there is vibration)

Confirm which part of the aircon is needing changeout (unfortunately  most aircon design is repair by replacement and not by parts )

Radiator, ~$700

Compressor , $550+

Hehehe....

The last time when I changed my Engine Mounts at Kelvin's workshop (AMK Autopoint), I think it cost me 300 plus but Kelvin has or already moved to Pioneer Road.

They are very good with Nissan Cars and price is very reasonable.

My previous Nissan Latio radiator bursted with no coolant left in it's 8th year and Kelvin also got it fixed for me.

No harm calling him for a quote on Nissan Latio parts and his number is 97114018. :)

I have been with Tan Chong Ubi (Autolution) for the first 7 years of my Latio's life span and I know how their charges are like and seen many patterns. (Last 3 years with kelvin's workshop)

Was lucky to have found Kelvin even though he is not the cheapest but rest assured that you get good quality servicing and replacement of parts.

Radiator, ~$700

Compressor , $550+

Hehehe....

I change compressor at tc before. Cost about $1500
↡ Advertisement