How much maintenance for Nissan Latio, Toyota Vios & Lancer

Bau_ong

I change compressor at tc before. Cost about $1500

Is it Air-Con compressor???

I changed mine at Kelvin workshop last time for about 550 to 600.

TC is really high priced...

↡ Advertisement

Is it Air-Con compressor???

I changed mine at Kelvin workshop last time for about 550 to 600.

TC is really high priced...

I think is denonator not compressor. Sorry.

The last time when I changed my Engine Mounts at Kelvin's workshop (AMK Autopoint), I think it cost me 300 plus but Kelvin has or already moved to Pioneer Road.

They are very good with Nissan Cars and price is very reasonable.

My previous Nissan Latio radiator bursted with no coolant left in it's 8th year and Kelvin also got it fixed for me.

No harm calling him for a quote on Nissan Latio parts and his number is 97114018. :)

I have been with Tan Chong Ubi (Autolution) for the first 7 years of my Latio's life span and I know how their charges are like and seen many patterns. (Last 3 years with kelvin's workshop)

Was lucky to have found Kelvin even though he is not the cheapest but rest assured that you get good quality servicing and replacement of parts.

Another ws promoter

Another ws promoter

Bro just to clarify that I was a previous Nissan Latio owner and just sharing my experience.

I am noob at finding workshops and maybe I was over-zealous in recommending WS.

Anyway the Latio is a nice car and served me very well too.

Bro just to clarify that I was a previous Nissan Latio owner and just sharing my experience.

I am noob at finding workshops and maybe I was over-zealous in recommending WS.

Anyway the Latio is a nice car and served me very well too.

Ok lar...ws name please

The last time when I changed my Engine Mounts at Kelvin's workshop (AMK Autopoint), I think it cost me 300 plus but Kelvin has or already moved to Pioneer Road.

They are very good with Nissan Cars and price is very reasonable.

My previous Nissan Latio radiator bursted with no coolant left in it's 8th year and Kelvin also got it fixed for me.

No harm calling him for a quote on Nissan Latio parts and his number is 97114018. :)

I have been with Tan Chong Ubi (Autolution) for the first 7 years of my Latio's life span and I know how their charges are like and seen many patterns. (Last 3 years with kelvin's workshop)

Was lucky to have found Kelvin even though he is not the cheapest but rest assured that you get good quality servicing and replacement of parts.

I am kelvin supporter too till I sold off my latio. he moved to pioneer road?

• Praise 1

Ok lar...ws name please

To be honest, people like me who go find Kelvin also don't know his workshop because his location in Autopoint very easy to find but not once did I ask him for workshop name.

I have his official tax invoice but never go see or remember the WS name. Paiseh.

I am kelvin supporter too till I sold off my latio. he moved to pioneer road?

My friend who service his Axio at Kelvin's workshop told me about 2 weeks ago.

I heard that he is moving to Pioneer but not confirm if move already.

If he really move to Pioneer, I got to find other workshops in the east liao.

Taken aback by the exorbitant parts replacement costs at Tan Chong for a bread and butter Nissan Latio.

Radiator slight leak, why must change fan motor and thermostat?

Engine no vibration, but claim engine mountings are worn.

Slight aircon gas leak, change the entire aircon. Why cannot just change the faulty part?

If change everything, will cost $4,800 excl GST.

bro ..just my humble idea .. better you try auto saver ... AD is expensive ..

my Toyota vios 2009 has been service by them for the past  5 years ... very reasonable pricing

Hv used kelvin since he started on his own in shared WS in Enuos area.

However his charges has sky rocketed,

Like everything he touches will turn into gold( that u going to pay him)

He think his rate n service is comparable to AD (during his TC days)

Jus encountered him early this year (before CNY)

Guess how to change 1 (ONE) spark plug connector....

Bet u can't guess it...

Give up on such dishonest WS n ridiculous pricing....

Used to recommend friends n relatives to him,

They also called me to check if his pricing is reasonable.

Now I jus tell them to avoid this WS totally

• Praise 1

Hv used kelvin since he started on his own in shared WS in Enuos area.

However his charges has sky rocketed,

Like everything he touches will turn into gold( that u going to pay him)

He think his rate n service is comparable to AD (during his TC days)

Jus encountered him early this year (before CNY)

Guess how to change 1 (ONE) spark plug connector....

Bet u can't guess it...

Give up on such dishonest WS n ridiculous pricing....

Used to recommend friends n relatives to him,

They also called me to check if his pricing is reasonable.

Now I jus tell them to avoid this WS totally

Ditian, it is nice of you to feedback on Kelvin's workshop and like you, I have recommended many friends and relatives to him too.

But it has been about a year plus since I last visited his WS after changing car, good to know the current situation.

Will need to source for a better workshop in the future.

One thing for sure is that he never give discounts no matter how hard I try in the past...even when I was regular patronizing his WS...

• Praise 1

My old ride was a 2006 vios, bought in yr 2009, drove it till this year Coe expire. Did not renew coe and changed car instead. Remembered mileage showing 70+k km when I got it, when I sold it, it was around 250k km.

First few years services at amk riverview. Generally ok but every time, confirm will have things wear and tear. Frankly, thinking back, other than suspension and engine mounting, most of their recommendations can skip. After riverview, I serviced once every yr only. Despite that, there's no difference in fc. I'm still clocking 650km per tank. Highest record was 728km. 30/70 city/hw on 15" rims

Anyway, these 6yrs+,

Engine mount once (till the day I sold it, engine mount still ok)

Suspension twice (most recent was last year July. In fact the suspension was leaking for a year+ already. I thought I will renew coe that's why changed)

Brake disc polishing once.

Wheel bearing once

Spark plug 2 sets

Brake pads 1 set

2 sets of Yokohama s drive. Current set maybe left 30%

Aircon gas refill every 6months coz something wrong with it. Aircon still blow air but hot air. Whole car like sauna. This problem surfaced last 2yrs of ownership. Once topup aircon gas, aircon in perfect working condition.

Battery once

Timing belt or chain? Can't remember.

Plug coil once

Windscreen wiper almost 6mths once.

Headlights, brake lights rear lights many times

There are other wear and tear which I did not bother,

Driver seat badly worn, with parts showing foam already

Drive shaft prob. When turning, there's a loud clanking sound. Live with this prob for 2yrs+

Driver side windows sometimes will jam. Gotta wait a few mins and it will operate again.

Windscreen wiper makes a funny sound when operating. Very uneven wipe also.

I estimate I need around $4-5k to fix everything.

Will I recommend this car? DEFINITELY! Except for the cheapo plasticky interior, if you wan a relatively simple car with adequate handling with great fc, this is the car to get. Furthermore, vios insurance super cheap. Mine was only $400+ after 50%ncd. Small car means easy to park, easy to drive.

• Praise 1

My old ride was a 2006 vios, bought in yr 2009, drove it till this year Coe expire. Did not renew coe and changed car instead. Remembered mileage showing 70+k km when I got it, when I sold it, it was around 250k km.

First few years services at amk riverview. Generally ok but every time, confirm will have things wear and tear. Frankly, thinking back, other than suspension and engine mounting, most of their recommendations can skip. After riverview, I serviced once every yr only. Despite that, there's no difference in fc. I'm still clocking 650km per tank. Highest record was 728km. 30/70 city/hw on 15" rims

Anyway, these 6yrs+,

Engine mount once (till the day I sold it, engine mount still ok)

Suspension twice (most recent was last year July. In fact the suspension was leaking for a year+ already. I thought I will renew coe that's why changed)

Brake disc polishing once.

Wheel bearing once

Spark plug 2 sets

Brake pads 1 set

2 sets of Yokohama s drive. Current set maybe left 30%

Aircon gas refill every 6months coz something wrong with it. Aircon still blow air but hot air. Whole car like sauna. This problem surfaced last 2yrs of ownership. Once topup aircon gas, aircon in perfect working condition.

Battery once

Timing belt or chain? Can't remember.

Plug coil once

Windscreen wiper almost 6mths once.

Headlights, brake lights rear lights many times

There are other wear and tear which I did not bother,

Driver seat badly worn, with parts showing foam already

Drive shaft prob. When turning, there's a loud clanking sound. Live with this prob for 2yrs+

Driver side windows sometimes will jam. Gotta wait a few mins and it will operate again.

Windscreen wiper makes a funny sound when operating. Very uneven wipe also.

I estimate I need around $4-5k to fix everything.

Will I recommend this car? DEFINITELY! Except for the cheapo plasticky interior, if you wan a relatively simple car with adequate handling with great fc, this is the car to get. Furthermore, vios insurance super cheap. Mine was only $400+ after 50%ncd. Small car means easy to park, easy to drive.

wah ur generation 1 vios can hit full tank 650km at 40 litre ?

my vios gen 2 ..I purchase on 2009 only can get 540km at 40 litre 40%highway ... so far so good till now no major problem ..except wear n tear parts

long run, Vios is better...if can get Altis...sure best........interms of maintenance and reliability....

if u pump petrol in JB, Altis n Vios definitely better...the 1/4 mark from full can get u ard 200km... but Latio after 90km the needle is no longer at the top 1/4 mark.....

yesterday 8/9/2014 complete my 130k servicing ..at autosaver ...seems new people ...

change pulley n other stuff with labour  $1110

change battery amaron $120

aircon filter $21.50

normal servicing $138

damage total $400 ++ after some discount

2nd march 2015 - semi major service 140k  - $300 for servicing and parts change ..I forget what part I change or things I add  

22nd July 2015 - minor service 150k - $138

15th dec 2015 - major 160k - $522 for servicing and parts change ..I forget what part I change or things I add  

18th April 2016 - minor service 170k - $330 for servicing and parts change ..I forget what other  part I change other than new amaron battery at $120 

18th Sept 2016 - semi major 180k - $508 for servicing and parts change ..I change motor fan at $280

6th Jan 2017 - minor service 190k - $160 for servicing and parts change ..I change aircon filter at $20  

19th Feb 2017 - change 4 tyre yokohama s drive made in japan at Autobac Tebrau , total damage SGD $400 

21st April 2017 - change front shock absorber , absorber mount , stabilizer link ,all original Toyota parts at Autobac Tebrau,  total damage SGD $470

now my car mileage is 200k plus as at april 2017 , my next major service is on mid may 2017

Neutral Newbie

just sold my nissan latio and have left over nissan preventive maintenance program package for sale, anyone interest going for discount

just sold my nissan latio and have left over nissan preventive maintenance program package for sale, anyone interest going for discount

Text me at 98254636 on the details.
↡ Advertisement