M'sian entered SG using wife's passport

Cootie-Monster

cannot be lah....

Β 

then you kuai lan stand down there....

Β 

police can charge you for not reporting crimes that you personally saw leah....

Β 

[laugh] [laugh]

Β 

IF

Β 

they see it too lah....

Β 

haha....

Β 

Bro u replying to my post ?

umm the kedah/danoi custom u still can see such incident take place. Penang Kia bringing those thai "GF" to cross the border is a common sight bro. [laugh] For proof surf the SBF. Do u know at the thai custom kopi lui can work wonder there. Pom Poo Yek Yek krup. Mai Dee. [lipsrsealed]

Β 

Β 

there's nothing wrong with working in Singapore, and you stay very near the causeway in Malaysia,

Β 

resulting you to go back to and fro Malaysia everyday....

Β 

if it were me,

Β 

i'd also have done the same....

Β 

earn SGD, spend MYR....

Β 

haha....

Β 

Sure ... then such a person don't need to apply for PR ... since he/she is not a "R" at all...

So, what do you call those in out JB twice a week just to pump petrol?

Contribute to JB economy?

Β 

Yeah ... Singaporeans, staying in Singapore, not holding PRship in Malaysia .. go and spend ...

perfectly honest and above board ...

Β 

It's people who apply for PRship SOLELY for the benefits, with NO intention of even staying in Singapore, much less convert to citizenship, that I find distasteful

they are many malaysian PRs working in factories in Tuas making the daily commute to/from Johor vis 2nd link

Β 

pay scale i would say SGD1500-4500/- based on my knowledge

Β 

they drive, bikes even take the 1.5hrs bus ride to/fro Jurong East <-->BukitIndah/Gelang Patah

Β 

See so isn't this a contratiction? They obviously are not even residents, much less permanent, so why apply for PR?... Obviously for the the benefits.

See so isn't this a contratiction? They obviously are not even residents, much less permanent, so why apply for PR?... Obviously for the the benefits.

Β 

Β 

but on the other hand, they have to give up their "life".........i know a few doing that, travel in-out daily and they are not highly paid type.... btw 1.5k-2.5kmax type...... they literally has no life on weekday....will reach office before 7am, work till 7-8pm+, by the time they reach their jb home, it's like 9-10pm and next day, have to wake up as early as 5am+ and the same routine repeats everyday.... to me, they are just like a walking zombies.... [sweatdrop]

but on the other hand, they have to give up their "life".........i know a few doing that, travel in-out daily and they are not highly paid type.... btw 1.5k-2.5kmax type...... they literally has no life on weekday....will reach office before 7am, work till 7-8pm+, by the time they reach their jb home, it's like 9-10pm and next day, have to wake up as early as 5am+ and the same routine repeats everyday.... to me, they are just like a walking zombies.... [sweatdrop]

Β 

Again... let's be clear. I have no issue with Malaysians working IN Singapore. Those who live in JB who can capitolize on it, sure go ahead.

Β 

The issue is ... why do some apply for PR when they clearly do not even want to stay in Singapore?....

Β 

CPF? Buy HBD for investment?...Children education?....

Β 

We should only be giving benefits to PRs who are firstly, genuine PRs who do stay here and secondly, to those who do want to consider taking up citizenship...

Β 

The current lax-like-non-existent criteria for PRship is a joke

Β 

I observed that the vehicle check is done by aux police these days, not ICA staff.

They are contracted by ICA to perform the checking. ICA haas serious shortage of manpower, especially the junior officers.

Again... let's be clear. I have no issue with Malaysians working IN Singapore. Those who live in JB who can capitolize on it, sure go ahead.

Β 

The issue is ... why do some apply for PR when they clearly do not even want to stay in Singapore?....

Β 

Β 

We should only be giving benefits to PRs who are firstly, genuine PRs who do stay here and secondly, to those who do want to consider taking up citizenship...

Β 

Β 

Nothing wrong with that wat? If China and India are juz next door, bet Chinese/Indian PRs will be in n out of SG daily too.

Β 

Β 

Yeah ... Singaporeans, staying in Singapore, not holding PRship in Malaysia .. go and spend ...

perfectly honest and above board ...

Β 

It's people who apply for PRship SOLELY for the benefits, with NO intention of even staying in Singapore, much less convert to citizenship, that I find distasteful

Β 

Dude, don't be so shallow.

Β 

Those PRs also contribute to the economy of Singapore. Yes, they do derive benefits, but don't forget that they also have to spend back in Singapore to keep the economy going. A country economy and growth can only be sustainable if the nation spend. And if it is not for PRs and their willingness to work and work with little money, I suspect many companies would have close down or shifted elsewhere impacting the job market for Singaporean as well.

Β 

What to do......Singaporeans never populate fast enough and talents are limited.

Β 

Just to be fair, there is a mutual benefit for PRs to be here. So don't just look at one side.

Β 

If you want to blame, your should blame Spore for being so small with no natural or human resources.

Edited by Icedbs

i know for the thai border,

Β 

for bikers,

Β 

you don't even need to take off your helmet to enter Thailand....

Β 

and they don't bother to check what's inside your bike box....

Β 

they just chop chop passport,

Β 

let you go past....

Β 

WTH???

Β 

[hur]

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

actually those have no intention to take up PR will not take it, after becoming PR their pay have to deduct CPF..... before they tighten the application process, PR was kind of granted to them after working here for 2 years, some even 1 year.

Β 

FYI, this PR gentleman was my boss, i am making 5 figures now, think your 1.5k-2.5k can easily multiply by 10 times.

From what i know, only citizens can work at ICA. so many of these so called honest mistakes happened so its time to let the capable FT's do the job again. anyway, i think both singapore and malaysia checkpoint screwup because none of them spotted this.