AA Membership

Achtung

I have been an AA member for the last decade and I am due for renewal. I sometimes find the waiting time absurd and when I asked them tow from my workshop to home the last time, they flatly refused. I wante dto do that because my part needs to be ordered and it will take time and my workshop says its better I tow it home.

What are the standard rates for towing outside? Why would u not want to sign up for AA?

↡ Advertisement

Ive used their towing service a few times this year already, mostly during the am hours when i like to fine tune and something goes wrong. Found it to be worth it but as happened to you, they only tow from location to workshop and not to home. Renewed however, as it is very cheap for the number of towings used, normally my workshop charges 120+ to tow one way.

The downside is the AA towing service guys are really very rude. Especially the burly man at night. Whenever he tows me he will grumble about how i disturb his schedule, and the first time i needed a tow he said his shift was guna end and was upset i called just after 6am. Talk about unpleasant.

So if you know your going to need it very often go for it i guess... if its only less than 3 times a year any external towing service will do.

Edited by AceofproZ

I have been an AA member for the last decade and I am due for renewal. I sometimes find the waiting time absurd and when I asked them tow from my workshop to home the last time, they flatly refused. I wante dto do that because my part needs to be ordered and it will take time and my workshop says its better I tow it home.

What are the standard rates for towing outside? Why would u not want to sign up for AA?

I hope you don't mind me asking. What else is good about signing up for AA membership, besides the free towing? Are there like different levels of membership(like basic, gold, platinum, etc)?

Generally it depends on the distance to be towed. Location of point A and B important (some headroom/turning radius restriction applicable)

I hope you don't mind me asking. What else is good about signing up for AA membership, besides the free towing? Are there like different levels of membership(like basic, gold, platinum, etc)?

well if you dont mind me saying i just renewed 5 year membership. they have 1, 3 and 5.

i was really angry cause i actually wanted the aa boot organizer but they refused to switch and gave me the travel adaptor instead (altho the organizer was worth less).

by right i wanted to go for lifetime member. but out of those 3, 5 seemed the most worth it.

I also just renewed my insurance through AAS. very fast and hassle-free. they even called up other companies to do price check.

Ive used their towing service a few times this year already, mostly during the am hours when i like to fine tune and something goes wrong. Found it to be worth it but as happened to you, they only tow from location to workshop and not to home. Renewed however, as it is very cheap for the number of towings used, normally my workshop charges 120+ to tow one way.

The downside is the AA towing service guys are really very rude. Especially the burly man at night. Whenever he tows me he will grumble about how i disturb his schedule, and the first time i needed a tow he said his shift was guna end and was upset i called just after 6am. Talk about unpleasant.

So if you know your going to need it very often go for it i guess... if its only less than 3 times a year any external towing service will do.

A neighbour of mine charged me $40/- towing to workshop a few km away (I thought tow-trucks used to charge around $45/- to $50/-?

AA tow-driver on shift malingering?

well if you dont mind me saying i just renewed 5 year membership. they have 1, 3 and 5.

i was really angry cause i actually wanted the aa boot organizer but they refused to switch and gave me the travel adaptor instead (altho the organizer was worth less).

by right i wanted to go for lifetime member. but out of those 3, 5 seemed the most worth it.

I also just renewed my insurance through AAS. very fast and hassle-free. they even called up other companies to do price check.

Thanks. Just so I got you right, the membership level is the same(no basic, diamond membership), only the renewal length is different? How much to renew for 5 yrs, compared to lifetime?

Thanks. Just so I got you right, the membership level is the same(no basic, diamond membership), only the renewal length is different? How much to renew for 5 yrs, compared to lifetime?

Ah right sorry bro. I forgot. this is for ordinary membership. They also have drivestyle which is for the kids (limited towing/services) and family which basically lets you leech membership off a prime ordinary member. I was on family member before until i felt like voting at the AAS meetup... now i hold family and ordinary overlapping. The lifetime one has been discontinued but many are still on it. (can be identified by their orange AAS car logo)...

Paid 250 for the 5 year.

If you dont mind me saying, the AAS carpark at river valley really needs a cleanup... especially lift.

it is a long walk down and i have seen some older AA members have to stop at the stairs and ask me to help them go down.

very dangerous and there is no lift currently, somemore the first 2 basement reserved for "special" people and parking is horribly tight.

Edited by AceofproZ

AA tow-driver on shift malingering?

no idea, but on all the occassions he was rude. always ask me what problem now why gotta disturb.

on the last time my car stuck in the middle of 4 way junction at 3:30am he dare to say you again... always break down....

no idea, but on all the occassions he was rude. always ask me what problem now why gotta disturb.

on the last time my car stuck in the middle of 4 way junction at 3:30am he dare to say you again... always break down....

maybe u shouldn't tinker with your tuning in the middle of a junction? [laugh]

Ah right sorry bro. I forgot. this is for ordinary membership. They also have drivestyle which is for the kids (limited towing/services) and family which basically lets you leech membership off a prime ordinary member. I was on family member before until i felt like voting at the AAS meetup... now i hold family and ordinary overlapping. The lifetime one has been discontinued but many are still on it. (can be identified by their orange AAS car logo)...

Paid 250 for the 5 year.

If you dont mind me saying, the AAS carpark at river valley really needs a cleanup... especially lift.

it is a long walk down and i have seen some older AA members have to stop at the stairs and ask me to help them go down.

very dangerous and there is no lift currently, somemore the first 2 basement reserved for "special" people and parking is horribly tight.

Gotcha. Many thanks. ^_^

↡ Advertisement