Car stealing Techniques

Tom_kkh

Many ppl are afraid to go Malaysia with their ride, so sharing some "rumors" or techniques stories as collected from Malaysia business partners, from JB to KL.

1) Break in, cut yr alarm wire and drive away. too many stories we haerd of.

2) Tow yr car away. To some arrogant Singaporean, they always think Malaysians are lousy in parking as they always head in first. This is actually a deterrent method to disable car thieves from towing their car away. Car head in than turn yr steering wheel, so yr car will not be able to be towed in a straight line. as too many stories been heard of

3) Yr car alarm activated and u see nothing wrong with your car. Do not disarm yr car from a distance and walk away. The high tech thieves have a receiver to "read" yr alarm signal. So when u walkway, they will already have your car alarm signal. They will disarm with their set and drive away. as much as we want to believe our immobilizer works, it doesnt anymore, they have ways to disable it. a customer got his 2009 Merc stolen in this way, this is the most popular way in KL.

4) No point hiding yr laptops in the boot. Now they have a detector that is capable of reading whatever electronic stuff u has in the boot. The only way to avoid been read is to bring yr stuff along with u or totally take out the electronic's battery. also quite common in kl.

5) Tires punctured. Do not fix yr punctured tires in the carpark. Drive to a bright and crowded area to do it. Some robbers, release yr tires air and wit for u in the dark. Once u starts to replace yr tires, they will rob you. common in JB

please don correct my england, its a long list, i am sharing info and showcasing my grammer and england power.

if its eye sore, please aviod reading. but by the time u read till here, its too late for you. wohoooooooooooo :D

please add on other techniques u have heard of.

than again if you are that worry, don drive in.

Edited by Tom_kkh
↡ Advertisement

For my recent trip, I did the following:

- Park head-in beside a wall, steering wheel fully turned in the direction such that if vehicle is being towed from the rear, the left/right front will knock into the wall.

- Engage reverse gear.

- Use a steering wheel lock cable.

- Use a wheel lock clamp.

- Remove headunit (and other electronics) from sight.

Many ppl are afraid to go Malaysia with their ride, so sharing some "rumors" or techniques stories as collected from Malaysia business partners, from JB to KL.

2) Tow yr car away. To some arrogant Singaporean, they always think Malaysians are lousy in parking as they always head in first. This is actually a deterrent method to disable car thieves from towing their car away. Car head in than turn yr steering wheel, so yr car will not be able to be towed in a straight line. as too many stories been heard of

3) Yr car alarm activated and u see nothing wrong with your car. Do not disarm yr car from a distance and walk away. The high tech thieves have a receiver to "read" yr alarm signal. So when u walkway, they will already have your car alarm signal. They will disarm with their set and drive away. as much as we want to believe our immobilizer works, it doesnt anymore, they have ways to disable it. a customer got his 2009 Merc stolen in this way, this is the most popular way in KL.

4) No point hiding yr laptops in the boot. Now they have a detector that is capable of reading whatever electronic stuff u has in the boot. The only way to avoid been read is to bring yr stuff along with u or totally take out the electronic's battery. also quite common in kl.

5) Tires punctured. Do not fix yr punctured tires in the carpark. Drive to a bright and crowded area to do it. Some robbers, release yr tires air and wit for u in the dark. Once u starts to replace yr tires, they will rob you. common in JB

please don correct my england, its a long list, i am sharing info and showcasing my grammer and england power.

if its eye sore, please aviod reading. but by the time u read till here, its too late for you. wohoooooooooooo :D

Can share this with you?

My Kelisa can be unlocked by others locking/unlocking their car nearby, if I lock mine with remote locking. Perocom said to isolated the remote system and use mechanical key only

Thanks for sharing.

#4 a bit too sci-fi for me. The car's body is metal, so not sure what signals can come out of a laptop that's not switched on. Unless some scientists can enlighten :huh:

But I do believe that we should not be seen moving things from the car to the boot. Thieves can easily break the lock. Happened to my parents [:(]

#5 from other experiences I've read, they don't seem to care whether you're in the dark or not <_<

Went MY 3-4 times a year.

Just came back from KL this week.

Usually dont park roadside.

At shopping centre, go early- plenty of good carpark lots to choose, and avoid the crowd.

I read once abt car thief, but cant remember where I read it. That they used masterkeys to unlock cars.

it's just a matter of being at the wrong place at the wrong time..daylight also doesnt guarantee u any safety..just be more alert of your surroundings even when u drive but not to the point of being paranoid that makes it so stressful to drive up north!

just take the neccessary precautions and u'll be safe..

everywhere in the world is the same,it's just that SG is small and crammed with ppl that thieves have lower chance to do anything.i think if sg is as big as our surrounding neighbours,things will be more or less the same..

the best one i heard :-

always have 2 wallets.

The reserve wallet is used when been robbed. Remember always have at least rm35 in that boogie wallet.

when robbed give the RM35 wallet. According to some friends and even clients in KL, the robbers has their own ethics.

If the robbers rob someone with less than RM30, they have the "right" to hit you, so if you have more than RM30 in the wallet, they will not be "allowed" to hit you according to their gangster code of ethics....

not sure how much is true, but i rather believe it than doubt it.

Edited by Tom_kkh

Neutral Newbie

always have 2 wallets.

The reserve wallet is used when been robbed. Remember always have at least rm35 in that boogie wallet.

when robbed give the RM35 wallet. According to some friends and even clients in KL, the robbers has their own ethics.

If the robbers rob someone with less than RM30, they have the "right" to hit you, so if you have more than RM30 in the wallet, they will not be "allowed" to hit you according to their gangster code of ethics....

no pun intended but i never knew ganster got code of ethics.

always have 2 wallets.

Fine, then put an additional RM35, total RM70. Now I have the "right" to hit him. ^_^

Thanks for sharing.

#4 a bit too sci-fi for me. The car's body is metal, so not sure what signals can come out of a laptop that's not switched on. Unless some scientists can enlighten :huh:

But I do believe that we should not be seen moving things from the car to the boot. Thieves can easily break the lock. Happened to my parents [:(]

#5 from other experiences I've read, they don't seem to care whether you're in the dark or not <_<

magnetic flux readings

Neutral Newbie

For my recent trip, I did the following:

- Park head-in beside a wall, steering wheel fully turned in the direction such that if vehicle is being towed from the rear, the left/right front will knock into the wall.

- Engage reverse gear.

- Use a steering wheel lock cable.

- Use a wheel lock clamp.

- Remove headunit (and other electronics) from sight.

thanks for sharing this man

4) No point hiding yr laptops in the boot. Now they have a Car detector that is capable of reading whatever electronic stuff u has in the boot. The only way to avoid been read is to bring yr stuff along with u or totally take out the electronic's battery. also quite common in kl.

please don correct my england, its a long list, i am sharing info and Car showcasing my grammer and england power.