How to make BOV LOUDER THAN BEFORE!!!!!

Ykf899

Neutral Newbie

hi bro & sis, saw this website like to share with you all or you got a better way/brand to make bov loud please share with us thanks

Q: How can I make my blow off valve LOUDER?

A: There are a few possibilities. The first thing to remember is that there is more boost located in

the piping between the turbo and intercooler, yet most blow off valves are placed near the throttle.

Now, you want it by the throttle for response, but you can place it closer to the turbo for a louder

sound output. Another thing to consider is to amplify the sound. You will notice that blow off

valves with basic air holes are not as loud as blow off valves with horns (blitz) or air splitters (HKS).

If you have a greddy type S, the most common BOV out there, you can find something similar in

style to the horn on a blitz BOV and that will make the sound output far greater. Finally, if you

(or the people on the street) to hear your bov, then you need to place it in a location that would

let the sound travel out. In most cars the sound is muffled by the hood lining. Placing them out

side of the engine bay on intercooler piping or similar methods will make your BOV loud and scary!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

You want a loud bov sound?

Take off your stock airbox, put a big mushroom filter on, use a hardpipe intake kit,

you'll hear the pshew, very loud pshew.

This should be part of a larger series entitled "How to increase your chances of getting caught by the LTA while decreasing your car's performance".

Neutral Newbie

dunno what to tell ya...id rather have one that only blows off under load so i know im not losing boost...but i think turbo xs is the loudest

Lol.... Why would anyone wants a loud BOV?

It really want a loud bov. Just make one connected to an airhorn. Then when the BOV activates, it also triggers the air horn. Super duper loud!!

dunno what to tell ya...id rather have one that only blows off under load so i know im not losing boost...but i think turbo xs is the loudest

I rather have one that can blow off my load...I don't mind losing boost temporarily though. Can spool up pretty fast due to ram-ass and deep-throat intake technology.

I think its more on the Sound..... Cool.....

After market sound gets irritating after a while and sound really fake (too high pitch). Stock 1 sound so much better.

Are aftermarket bov like those from gfb legal here? Often can see workshops openly posting on facebook such mods on cars here in sg.

I mean if one switch it to full circulating and not blow into atmosphere and creating those loud windy sounds.

↡ Advertisement