Affordable (read: cheap) but quality suit?

Yan11

Neutral Newbie

Hey mcf-ers,

Strange topic to be made as my first, but heck.

In need of a place to buy off-the-shelf suits. Why not tailored? Cos i've got a conference next week and I just realized the one i currently have...well let's just say, doesn't flatter me anymore. [smash]

Single-breasted, clean look, maybe in black or navy blue.

Anyone out there with any lobangs? I heard there's one near SPH at braddell - one of the flatted factories.

LL if cannot find, then no choice gotta head to G2000 or sth.

Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement

Hey mcf-ers,

In need of a place to buy off-the-shelf suits. Why not tailored? Cos i've got a conference next week and I just realized the one i currently have...well let's just say, doesn't flatter me anymore. [smash]

Anyone out there with any lobangs? I heard there's one near SPH at braddell - one of the flatted factories.

Thanks in advance!

do you need the whole suit or just the top?

i know of a dry cleaning shop in jurong west who sell some used ones, at very cheap prices ($15-25) a pcs, but mostly off season ones. those are sometimes ppl send and forget or did not collect back.

interested let me know and I try get the phone no for you to call and check

Yes, flatted factory behind SPH in Toa Payoh/Braddel.

It not cheap though. My nephew got a suit there some 3 years back at $300. It didn't fit too well if you ask me.

If you have a week, go custom one at Peninsula Plaza. Most tailors can do it in a week. 3 days for the initial fitting trial, then another 3 days for the finished suit.

It also doesn't cost much more than a ready made suit. (depends very much on material) Moreover, ready made suits sometimes need to be altered, else it looks really terrible and the suit doesn't "fall" properly. That's additional time & money.

If you have a week, go custom one at Peninsula Plaza. Most tailors can do it in a week. 3 days for the initial fitting trial, then another 3 days for the finished suit.

It also doesn't cost much more than a ready made suit. (depends very much on material) Moreover, ready made suits sometimes need to be altered, else it looks really terrible and the suit doesn't "fall" properly. That's additional time & money.

Yes, they can generally do it in 3 days, 1 day to measure, 1 day for fitting and 3rd day its yours

Hey mcf-ers,

Thanks in advance!

G2k may be cheap, but their cutting is really good.

Neutral Newbie

Yes, flatted factory behind SPH in Toa Payoh/Braddel.

It not cheap though. My nephew got a suit there some 3 years back at $300. It didn't fit too well if you ask me.

hmm noted noted.

i guess it is all about the cutting/'how it falls on you". seen too many negative examples of poor fitting. wouldn't wanna look like im drowning in my suit.

will head on over to peninsula later today. thank you!

Neutral Newbie

do you need the whole suit or just the top?

i know of a dry cleaning shop in jurong west who sell some used ones, at very cheap prices ($15-25) a pcs, but mostly off season ones. those are sometimes ppl send and forget or did not collect back.

interested let me know and I try get the phone no for you to call and check

i'm just looking for the top actually. but it depends if its worthwhile ($) to get the entire suit as well.

thanks for the offer bro, but me thinks since i'm gonna use it for quite abit, i should at least have the decency to buy a brand new one? haha. shrugs.

cheers.

Neutral Newbie

g2k saw one last week for about $119, cutting not bad.

was at g2k suntec to browse around before attending the it fair. yup agreed. the jackets/blazers don't look half too bad!

↡ Advertisement