Feel cheated at Mark Cool.Need advice.

Bossman

Folks, recently my car had a loud screeching sound at the engine compartment. Looking into the engine bay I realize that the sound will be heard when the compressor kicks in.

I went to Mark Cool to get an opinion. A mechanic attended to me and said that my compressor rotating disc is loose and caused the sound. As Mark Cool is a recommended workshop , I agree with him to change to a recon compressor costing $350. However, the sound did not go away. Upon asking the mechanic, he said it is due to a faulty camshaft pulley.

My gripe is this. He now know that the actual problem is the camshaft pulley and not the compressor. Should not he refund me the repair cost as I am being charged for repairs that do not solve the problem.

Please advice.

↡ Advertisement

refer to boss lagi no use... make sure he confirming now that he noe the problem...

dan go CASE for help... (but ultimately i tink oso no use)... good luck bro...

Folks, recently my car had a loud screeching sound at the engine compartment. Looking into the engine bay I realize that the sound will be heard when the compressor kicks in.

I went to Mark Cool to get an opinion. A mechanic attended to me and said that my compressor rotating disc is loose and caused the sound. As Mark Cool is a recommended workshop , I agree with him to change to a recon compressor costing $350. However, the sound did not go away. Upon asking the mechanic, he said it is due to a faulty camshaft pulley.

My gripe is this. He now know that the actual problem is the camshaft pulley and not the compressor. Should not he refund me the repair cost as I am being charged for repairs that do not solve the problem.

Please advice.

Markcool u must only tok to Ah Huat e foreman.

As with all car ws, i never trust those young FT. Most if not all r inexperienced n BS alot.

I only deal wh Ah Huat.

Go back n look fr Ah Huat n tell him yr problem n see what he can do. Ah Huat is a nice guy n very reasonable. I using them fr >10 years n no problem at all. But i only deal wh Ah Huat.

Edited by Pisces69

Sometimes it's difficult to diagnose the problem.

Do car owners want to pay consultant fees to the technician to tell them where the sound comes from? Time is money, are we willing to pay?

Do car owners want to pay consultant fees to the technician to tell them where the sound comes from? Time is money, are we willing to pay?

Ive been using mkool fr a long time.

I just ask Ah Huat to check n he always gave me good n accurate diagnosis.

If no need to do anything, he tell me. If need to do, he never failed to do a good job at a reasonable price.

He even change alternator n radiator fr me as a favour cos he can get good price fr 2nd hand parts as he got good connection with e scrapyards around woodlands. [thumbsup]

Please advice.

'

you can try talking to the boss and demand for some discounts but not total payment.

another way is to ask to install back the old compressor and just pay for the workmanship.

if they disagreed, you can try CASE..

you might want to talk to this "Ah Huat" who recommended by Pisces69.

Ive been using mkool fr a long time.

I just ask Ah Huat to check n he always gave me good n accurate diagnosis.

If no need to do anything, he tell me. If need to do, he never failed to do a good job at a reasonable price.

He even change alternator n radiator fr me as a favour cos he can get good price fr 2nd hand parts as he got good connection with e scrapyards around woodlands. [thumbsup]

bro, the old car scrapyards in Woodlands already become your Woodlands Waterfront lah. [laugh][laugh]

Please advice.

ask them to fix back your compressor... and tell them to check the bearing ....

i belived its the bearing worn out ...

bro, the old car scrapyards in Woodlands already become your Woodlands Waterfront lah. [laugh][laugh]

Last time my hyundai n then coe corona almost all parts came fm scrapyards.

Now my Optra i dont think have. I get original or oem fm spareparts shops.

E chevy parts r much more ex but ty sell in complete sets incl all clips,screws n clamps so all wil change at 1 go. I bought e rubber driveshaft boot even came wh a big tube of grease but it cst $40 as compared to normal boot abt $5-$10 only.

I used to work at GMODC[chevy dealer] at benoi sector b4 n 1 day i wil go down n see if any of my frens still work there. I prob get them to buy fr me at staff price.

Last time i buy oil filter[AC Delco] there at staff price is only $1 ea.

if TS problem is bad, mine even more jialat.

My regular wkshop changed a starter motor for less than 2oo bucks, but the mechanics accidentally caused a short circuit in my car and fried my unichip..... [dizzy]

Now don know how to relate to them on the compensation [:(]

If they can't diagnose, then they shouldn't be in the workshop line. Since the said company is in the Automotive A/C line, they should know if it was an a/c problem or not. If not then they should have told the TS its not the a/c and the TS should go somewhere else.

if TS problem is bad, mine even more jialat.

My regular wkshop changed a starter motor for less than 2oo bucks, but the mechanics accidentally caused a short circuit in my car and fried my unichip..... [dizzy]

Now don know how to relate to them on the compensation [:(]

Was it apparent that there was a problem from the start? You better check if the uni-chip was installed properly.

If the mech is well trained in troubleshooting he or she should have use this " super listening device" to locate the noise source. Apparently you may have been serve by a part changer.

post-272-1284596449_thumb.jpg

I tot the old car scrapyards are at Woodlands Industrial Park there??? I went there to buy some used car MF batts for projects at S$20 a pc. Can see lots of scrapyards there.

Here is a few from the screenshots from google earth street view.

post-2654-1284603465_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1284603470_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1284603475_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1284603481_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1284603486_thumb.jpg

Was it apparent that there was a problem from the start? You better check if the uni-chip was installed properly.

the chips had been running in my car for last 2 yrs. The main fuse blew when the short circuit occurs, thereafter the car refuses to ignite. It is only after the removal of the unichip that lead to the car starting up.

Apparently the chip had send wrong sensor data to the ECU which dis enable the firing up of the engine.... [:(] , in other words, the PCB within is fried......... [:(]

There must be high current surge to fry yr piggy chip.Luck is on yr side, if not for this piggy chip yr main on-board CPU maybe as good as french fry. :D

↡ Advertisement