Windscreen wiper fluid. which to get?

Icyfreakass

Hi guys, any to recommend? Am using my shampoo for it currently, not very good.

Heard rainx will cause streaks. Is it true??

Which brand do u guys use?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hi guys, any to recommend? Am using my shampoo for it currently, not very good.

Heard rainx will cause streaks. Is it true??

Which brand do u guys use?

Hi Icy..it is recommended not to use any chemical or shampoo mixed in reservoir..I would recommend use distilled water..grab 1 bottle from 7 eleven or any kiosk..

the reason..for all this chemical..once it is dry..some may leave etch marks on surface and especially nozzle is on the bonnet..The best is carry one glass cleaner in your car..do it externally..

i use Armor All windscreen wash, which requires u to top up with water. (quite easy to do, becos the bottle has markings tat indicate how much to pour into ur reservoir, n then juz top up with tap water)

• Praise 1

Hi Icy..it is recommended not to use any chemical or shampoo mixed in reservoir..I would recommend use distilled water..grab 1 bottle from 7 eleven or any kiosk..

the reason..for all this chemical..once it is dry..some may leave etch marks on surface and especially nozzle is on the bonnet..The best is carry one glass cleaner in your car..do it externally..

I remember watching a video quite a while back, were they tried different brands of distilled water.

And the one that they recommended is the Evian Distilled water.

I dont advocate use of premix as the chemicals is harmful to paint works. The residual leaves behind stains on the body works too.

I have been using just water only for many years.

but a few ago fell for the temptation of the Sonax clear view windscreen washer. But regretted after first dosage.

Smearing of view and staining bodyworks. Got to dilute the washer tanks a few times to cleear that stuff away.

So back to just water only.

I dont advocate use of premix as the chemicals is harmful to paint works. The residual leaves behind stains on the body works too.

but a few ago fell for the temptation of the Sonax clear view windscreen washer. But regretted after first dosage.

Smearing of view and staining bodyworks. Got to dilute the washer tanks a few times to cleear that stuff away.

lucky i never buy. the ads i saw make this product really tempting

Unless you live in region where temperature periodically drop below freezing, I guess water should be just fine, maybe add a bit of car shampoo for lubrication.

Despite years of discipline, I fell for the temptation after watching the ad.

The few seconds of smearing was very bad. Almost cannot see traffic ahead.

Screenwash was mentioned, but they did not state what is the composition of screen wash.

I only know of the traditional screen wash base material, which is spirit or alchohol.

Maybe, they could be some neutral chemicals that we can use to prevent Legionnaires disease.

With only one study, I find it hard to accept the research result. if there are more of such research, many more pple will be convinced.

Right now, I'll still keep to topping up with tap water everytime I refuel.

Tap water got chlorine, right?

↡ Advertisement