Traffic Police to stop booking illegal parking

DKSCORPIO

from Nov 1..... haha good news or bad news ? [bigcry] More jobs created to summon us !

Great , just what we need , TP turns "ANGEL" [crazy]

Wed, Sep 15, 2010

Soon, you will no longer see a Traffic Police (TP) officer booking vehicles for illegal parking offences.

From Nov 1, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) will be taking over five functions from the TP the duty of enforcement against illegal parking offences.

The government statutory board will be empowered to close roads or lane for repair, alongside issuing permits for vehicle loads and the use of excluded vehicles such as mixers, on expressways.

LTA will also be gazetting speed limits on roads.

The functions above were identified as in line with LTA's role to manage road usage, said Mr Colin Lin, LTA?s acting group director for vehicle and transit licensing.

The Commander of Traffic Police, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Cheang Keng Keong, said the transfer of duties will allow them to better focus on their core functions such as enforcement against unsafe driving behaviour.

Upon taking over the enforcement of illegal parking, LTA will deploy traffic wardens, auxiliary police officers and its own uniformed enforcement officers to carry out the function.

LTA's enforcement procedures will be similar to those of the TP.

There will be no change to the penalties for illegal parking offences.

Members of the public can call LTA's hotline 1800-CALL LTA (2255 582) on illegal parking matters from Nov 1.

TP will continue their enforcement action against speeding offences.

Issuing permits for carrying of loads on vehicles

LTA will take over the issuing of permits for over sized vehicles to travel on the roads.

Vehicle owners or drivers can make use of LTA's on-line portal, LTA.PROMPT, to submit their applications.

The details of the application process will be made available to the relevant stakeholders closer to the date of takeover.

More details on any changes in procedures affecting members of the public will be available on www.onemotoring.com.sg and https://prompt.lta.gov.sg nearer to 1 November 2010.

Members of the public may also call the LTA hotline at 1800-CALL LTA (2255 582) for more information.

Edited by DKSCORPIO
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

seriously , I have never seen TP booking illegal parking before , but I am sure after this , dumb LTA will definitely do their job diligently . [knife]

Edited by DKSCORPIO

Do you think they will relinguish the power totally.

I doubt so. they are merely asking LTA to do the job.

TP still can book if they want to.

so call dangerous parking.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

last few days in the early dawn saw highway petrol car, issuing ticket to illegal overnight parking in the neighborhood, so i guess they will still do when duties call. [smash]

• Praise 1

seriously , I have never seen TP booking illegal parking before , but I am sure after this , dumb LTA will definitely do their job diligently . [knife]

Doubt so, the only diligent ones are the Mats from CISCO booking everyone who flaunt the law.

• Praise 1

i think this is a bad news for us, drivers.

it is easier to spot TP than LTA personnel if you parking illegally.

from my observation, TP gives chance but not the rest..

After some time, LTA will be equally slack in enforcement.

We can see from all the enforcements LTA carried out so far, illegal type of number plates, HID lights, vehicle modifications ... you name it, their enforcement will happen for 1-2 weeks, then quiet down.

TP's enforcement used to be very, very on the ball in the 90s. BMW will be at the expressway's road shoulder and next moment, some unlucky fellow will be at the side of the road further down. You hardly will see any commercial straying out of the left most lanes. Today, you hardly see any TPs at the expressways. Seems like they've lost their bite and control.

Starting we'll see lots of summons issued.

We just wait and see if they'll practice double standards on every Fridays at certain places.

• Praise 1

I don't understand this.

Why is this govt allowing a private entity profit through law enforcement?

This job should be done by civil servants. Anybody knows that to be efficient, you cut out the middle man.

Now they want to insert a middle man?

The question again:

Why allow a private entity to profit? Unless you're fully incompetent or inefficient in the first place.

from Nov 1..... haha good news or bad news ? [bigcry] More jobs created to summon us !

Great , just what we need , TP turns "ANGEL" [crazy]

Wed, Sep 15, 2010

Soon, you will no longer see a Traffic Police (TP) officer booking vehicles for illegal parking offences.

From Nov 1, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) will be taking over five functions from the TP the duty of enforcement against illegal parking offences.

The government statutory board will be empowered to close roads or lane for repair, alongside issuing permits for vehicle loads and the use of excluded vehicles such as mixers, on expressways.

LTA will also be gazetting speed limits on roads.

The functions above were identified as in line with LTA's role to manage road usage, said Mr Colin Lin, LTA?s acting group director for vehicle and transit licensing.

The Commander of Traffic Police, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Cheang Keng Keong, said the transfer of duties will allow them to better focus on their core functions such as enforcement against unsafe driving behaviour.

Upon taking over the enforcement of illegal parking, LTA will deploy traffic wardens, auxiliary police officers and its own uniformed enforcement officers to carry out the function.

LTA's enforcement procedures will be similar to those of the TP.

There will be no change to the penalties for illegal parking offences.

Members of the public can call LTA's hotline 1800-CALL LTA (2255 582) on illegal parking matters from Nov 1.

TP will continue their enforcement action against speeding offences.

Issuing permits for carrying of loads on vehicles

LTA will take over the issuing of permits for over sized vehicles to travel on the roads.

Vehicle owners or drivers can make use of LTA's on-line portal, LTA.PROMPT, to submit their applications.

The details of the application process will be made available to the relevant stakeholders closer to the date of takeover.

More details on any changes in procedures affecting members of the public will be available on www.onemotoring.com.sg and https://prompt.lta.gov.sg nearer to 1 November 2010.

Members of the public may also call the LTA hotline at 1800-CALL LTA (2255 582) for more information.

could out sourcing to LTA can be rely cause to my opinion those guy etc CISCO are mostly young boys n girls .

for instance when they checking around in my multi storey carpark they r accompany to me not a official staff but their girl friend or boy friend

Am I think only one who thinks this is good????

I keep seeing inconsiderate drivers parking illegally and jamming up the traffic. Hopefully will have less of such cases...

currently URA and TP is catching illegal parking. If TP pass to LTA, likely LTA will outsource. which mean, more people will be catching.

Hmmm..... like that how???? LEFT or RIGHT also kenna, Afterwards ride bicycle park sala also kenna! Poor Poor Singaporeans!

TP cedes its role..what about those land divison patrol cars? Also lost their bite?

I always see land divison patrol cars on their blinkers behiind those cars stopping illegally at busy heartland malls such as lot 1..and the drivers will auto auto move off..