Headlights kena vandalised. Any hope?

Sleepyman

Ok, some *** vandalised both my headlights with a key(i guess) with a big X. Looks quite deep....

Is there any shops to polish it off? cos I called MI and they say 600+ fir both head lights if I were to buy new ones (wtf)

I onoly need the glass to be fixed... hmmm

any ideas???

↡ Advertisement

bro.. sorry about ur case..

did u try to check with stockist see got cheaper??

my car (mazda2SP) with headlight level-ing, 1 pce $350 (w/o gst).. [bigcry] in the end, just live with it..

surface... no water but quite deep... if u run ur finger over the 'wound' can really feel it =(

Maybe got some kind of scratch remover tat u can find at autobacs? juz a wild suggestion, cos i haven't used any b4 myself.

sorry bro... wat u mean by stockist?

and ya man... of all place why vandalise the lights? i think the guy also noe head lights not cheap... just for two lousy scratches must change the whole thing... really like overkill

=(

sorry bro... wat u mean by stockist?

and ya man... of all place why vandalise the lights? i think the guy also noe head lights not cheap... just for two lousy scratches must change the whole thing... really like overkill

=(

Juz curious, where did it happen? in ur home area carpark, mall, workplace, hawker centre,?

wah. sad for u bro. nowadays people like to vandalise cars. hmm. but i suggest u live with it? is it visible from far?

Visible from like 5 m away from some angles... it looks really silly with both 'eyes' with Xs on them ... haha...

Visible from like 5 m away from some angles... it looks really silly with both 'eyes' with Xs on them ... haha...

Whether u live with it or try some DIY scratch-removing method, juz dun bother to spend $$ to change new ones.

Becos u nvr know whether tat vandal will strike again.

Years ago, my bro's new car's tire valve caps (new shiny metallic) were stolen repeatedly overnight in the hdb car park.....he fed up, so got some old, muddy plastic caps n put them onto the valves, n the theft stopped after tat.

Actually I think its at my carpark... Total of 7 cars were vandalised over the last weekend... altho it may be other places cos i din notice till mon...

....hope a police report was made so at least they could step up their patrol...btw:: don't do anything with the scratches for now, leave it for a while as these vandals are crack heads and may return to do it again..in the mean time, try to look for 2nd hand head lights (if available)..or if you can live with the scratches, so be it as long no water can enter...

TS, sorry but don't think there's an easy solution.

You can fill scratch up and polish smooth, but the "X" will always be visible, mainly to you, because you know it's there.

For a swee swee solution, no choice but to change headlights covers. But better get good workshop to do it, otherwise, after changing, you start to kena fogging.

↡ Advertisement