Why Hit-&-Run Cases Happen

Vulcann

What are that there are so many hit-&-run cases happening nowadays? [confused]

Or is it bec there have always been many cases happening and due to the convenience of internet which reported such cases giving us the impression as such?

I am actually more interested towards WHY they happen.

A rational driver, despite his/her character or habit, will not intentionally ram another vehicle/ a pedestrian if he/she can help it.

I think the following reasons, as compiled through the contributions of fellow MCR bros, could be the reason:

At Car parks

(i) Inexperience drivers;

(ii) Unlicensed drivers;

(iii) Drunkard drivers;

(iv) Reckless drivers; &

(v) Car park design;

On the roads

(i)-(iv) same as above

(v) Fear of mob lynching; &

(vi) Theft;

Your views?

↡ Advertisement

because the ppl you hit are never honest

you might very slightly scratch their cars but the minute you own up and take responsibility, they claim you for the entire car damage from front to back + respray + interior + engine + everything else possible to claim

so a $200 repair job will end up becoming $200k if possible

There are many reasons.....

1) Insurance Fark care. Bacause if one party NEVER report it, the insurance will not compensate it. Or if one party sign idemnity forms, the insurance will not compensate it.

2) TP and Police not dont want to get involved. Recent changes in rules and responsibilities, means car drivers are on our own. The authorities is giving the idea that you can do anything you want, but dont get caught. How many times we see FT hitting locals and get away scott free? How many times we see elites claimed she did not see the traffic light is red, if she had she would stop, but she didn't (so it wasn't her fault) so she went tru the junction and knock down and killed a maid. And dont get me talking about that Adrian car scratching case.......

Its hard to believe in justice in Singapore anymore. The cost of hiring lawyers, and time and effort to bring justice, is going to cost alot more than the cost of repairs to the car or medical fees.

Unless its death or permanent physical damage, whereby the affected party feels very strongly to get justice done........else its a Lan Lan situation for most common people.

In conclusion, hit and run is a better option, better chance of escaping punishment, as Singaporeans are not likely to want to be eye witness and spent time to go to policestation to make statement and attend court.

why hit & run happen?

cos the police dont care and check at all! unless someone die...

like me 2 case someone hit my car i report police with video also no use... so now if i hit someone... i also run... since police dont care... end up i pay myself both case more then 2k when someone hit me... police ask me to use lawyer to get my money back from those who hit my car... since i got video... that will cost me more then the repair...

so next time i hit someone i also run... and let other people pay back...

Edited by Jeffang

the driver dont even know that their car had hit into another car.

if the driver don't even know he hit another car, the damage must be so minimal that it is negligible

if the driver don't even know he hit another car, the damage must be so minimal that it is negligible

Not likely that the driver not know he/she has knocked someone else unless he/she is intoxicated, driving under the influence or drugs or alcohol right?

can side track a bit ? if someone open the car door next to your car and knock against yours, and caused a scratch or dent, what can you do ? ask for compensation or even claim ? or nothing ?

It all boils down to one thing: dishonesty.

Singaporeans don't like to admit fault, and always push the blame to others.

that i agree with you..its singaporeans' trait [laugh]

why hit & run happen?

cos the police dont care and check at all! unless someone die...

like me 2 case someone hit my car i report police with video also no use... so now if i hit someone... i also run... since police dont care... end up i pay myself both case more then 2k when someone hit me... police ask me to use lawyer to get my money back from those who hit my car... since i got video... that will cost me more then the repair...

so next time i hit someone i also run... and let other people pay back...

Serious! If someone can damage another person properties & get away with it, even with hard evident, what type of society are we living in. I can understand if police do not investigate if you do not have strong evident, but can canyone tell me what our police force actually doing. Don't tell me they only warn people making noise at night. Of course there is the occasion robbery or thief, but these are few & far between I suppose.

you already know the answer: its the convenience of internet that people can now post it on stomp, MCF, or any other forum or blog...

its funny how others think that hit-and-run case is just a singaporean thing and trait etc... crime happens every second, and a lot of them are unreported. you guys must try to step out of this little red dot and travel to other countries, you'll see the real world.

↡ Advertisement