Waxing new car

E-Jazz

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Have got my ride for approximately 2 weeks now.

As recommended by my agent and bros/sis that new car only requires waxing, I was wondering what you guys would recommend.

I'm going to leave it open minded for now in terms of brand etc and the pros and cons, how long it last, steps required and more...

So need you guys to fill me in a little.

The only sad part is I don't have much time on hands usually but am still trying to put the effort in maintaining the outlook of my car.

Million thanks in advance. [:)]

↡ Advertisement

you re wrong if u think the paint is new. only require waxing.

the new car sits on dusted docks for months / shipment

since its new you should do a proper claybar polish and wax then maintain with wax or wax polish.

Hi all,

As recommended by my agent and bros/sis that new car only requires waxing, I was wondering what you guys would recommend.

I'm going to leave it open minded for now in terms of brand etc and the pros and cons, how long it last, steps required and more...

The only sad part is I don't have much time on hands usually but am still trying to put the effort in maintaining the outlook of my car.

'think both optimum and DG stuff are user friendly..... u can consider them........... [;)]

since its new you should do a proper claybar polish and wax then maintain with wax or wax polish.

but he does not have much time right?

first time clay followed by cleaner and wax.DG products would be a good start as they are easy to apply especially the aquawax. i think maintaning your cars appearance no choice...have to set some time and effort to it but the end result is the satisfaction that you get to see your car gleaming and glossy. [:p]

Most probably have alot of swirl marks already. Cuz I noe that mots of the dealers use those cheap car wash to wash their cars. The paint is not new already.

Hi all,

its been 6 months my car arrive but yet wax it :D

Neutral Newbie

Sent my car to respray rear bumper after removing rear bodykit & gotcstubborn glue stains. Will collect my black car later. How long to wait b4 applying wax or sealant?

i have hi-glaze 88 sealant & black magic liquid wax.

Neutral Newbie

For new cars, the dealer should have done PDI before delivering the car, so the paint should be free of contaminants. As such clay bar is not necessary, and unless the dealer did a bad job and left swirls on the paint, polishing is not necessary too.

For mine, I did a proper wash and slapped on a layer of Collinite 476 over the weekend after collecting the car. 476 is a durable wax that provides good protection for the paint and leaves a nice carnuba shine.

bros and sis,

my car 3 years old already and all i did was wax. any kind soul can recommend good brand of polish? preferbly where can get it and how much. btw my car is pearl white color, is there any kinda polish i can apply and really make it kilat kilat? like glowing or got aura liddat. please advise. thanks in advance.

Neutral Newbie

If you want to achieve those flawless finish you will need machine polish. If you intend to polish by hand you can try DG 652. Check out the DG gallery thread, there are forumers who achieved good results with DG 652 by hand.

bros and sis,

my car 3 years old already and all i did was wax. any kind soul can recommend good brand of polish? preferbly where can get it and how much. btw my car is pearl white color, is there any kinda polish i can apply and really make it kilat kilat? like glowing or got aura liddat. please advise. thanks in advance.

bros and sis,

get the optiwax all in one... that will be gd for u

Neutral Newbie

erm where can i get it? NTUC have? or only some special place got sell? for DG and optiwax

Look for Benny.

See the sticky site sponsor threads above by Maddriver and Optivax.

↡ Advertisement