Front and rear different tire size

Quantum

Minimal - the major difference which you might not even feel is that the car's balance would have changed slightly by virtue of the different front/rear ride height as well as different height of tire sidewalls which might give slightly different deflection characteristics.

my car front tires 195/50/R15, rear tires 195/55/R15

is it any effective in term of FC, performance? [confused]

That should be a problem,as long as left/right tyres same size it should be fine,some owners changed the rear tyres bigger for more sporty looks.

That should be a problem,as long as left/right tyres same size it should be fine,some owners changed the rear tyres bigger for more sporty looks.

people change the width of the tyres eg 225 front 245 back but not the profile...

Its ok.

It will give the car a Jacked up look.

Last time I ride LC kia motorcycle, I also lower my front fork and jack-up the rear like scorpion. I also chrome many body parts.

Very shiok.

mostly for looks. if you do notice, most race cars do not run low profile tyres. because upon acceleration, there isn't much rubber to absorb the force. generally speaking "low profile" is considered 30/35 range. 

i wouldn't go below 35. 40/45 is a good mix.. compared to your regular OEM of 50/55 for most b&b cars..

• Praise 1

mostly for looks. if you do notice, most race cars do not run low profile tyres. because upon acceleration, there isn't much rubber to absorb the force. generally speaking "low profile" is considered 30/35 range. 

i wouldn't go below 35. 40/45 is a good mix.. compared to your regular OEM of 50/55 for most b&b cars..

i would say 45 or lower is consider low profile tyres.

yup look at f1 tyres. they are high profile instead. but dun look nice.

low profile tyres is to enhance the look of the rims

F1 uses high profile tyres because F1 rules stated that the rim size of a F1 car has to be 13".  This is the key killer of F1 tyres being high profile. Next is cost, it will take lots of money to redesign the rims, tyres and the overall structure of the F1 cars, it will be very costly to make that change in just tyre specification.  The other reason is the high side wall allows manufacturers too print their logos on the side wall. In fact Michelin didnt want to participate in F1 tyres sponsorship because they feel that the F1 car tyres do not reflect the road car spec, at least not until F1 changes to f1 change to low profile tyres.  

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

whats your take on low profile tyres?

Tyres with a side profile of at least 60 makes for comfort driving and extends the life of the shock absorbers. You enjoy a more comfortable ride.

Broad tyres also sap power.

Eg. 215/45R17 (Kia Cerato SX GT Line) against 195/65R15 (Kia Cerato L)

Both cars have the same engine. The base model L will accelerate faster than the top of the range GT Line.

45 or lower can consider low. but given the current trend, a lot of cars, with the odd exception do tend to come with 45 and lower profile tyres from stock. even a mazda 3 as an example do come with 45 paired with 18" rims as standard..

F1 uses high profile tyres because F1 rules stated that the rim size of a F1 car has to be 13".  This is the key killer of F1 tyres being high profile. Next is cost, it will take lots of money to redesign the rims, tyres and the overall structure of the F1 cars, it will be very costly to make that change in just tyre specification.  The other reason is the high side wall allows manufacturers too print their logos on the side wall. In fact Michelin didnt want to participate in F1 tyres sponsorship because they feel that the F1 car tyres do not reflect the road car spec, at least not until F1 changes to f1 change to low profile tyres.  

F1 is not the only motorsport out there for comparison. the rules in F1 are far too strict to compare what's allowed and not allowed. there are other motorsport that utilises a higher profile. GT3 cup 24hrs, DTM and even v8 supercars.. the best examples are drag racing - where they have sotong front tyres and a big fat rear tyre.

↡ Advertisement