Car travelling without headlight on

Zenithpool

Is there any rumors going on that without turning on your headlight ur car can gain extra few horse?

Had notice since months ago that more and more often I would see cars traveling without any headlight at nite. Almost once every every few night will spotted one. Last night when traveling on TPE, I was on the 2nd lane going at abt 100. approaching a car, I signal right, check clear, move out. half way out, suddenly, a high beam flash past my rear mirror, realising it is so near, I immediately cut back into my lane. was a black car without any headlight on. The car itself is black in color. So dark that I cant figure much the model of the car, except it look like a vios or similar size sedan.

turning out x'press way heading to home, see another car without headlight, except this time it is a white CRV.

Think going to try tonight see if don turn on headlight, will my car go faster!

↡ Advertisement

Well, I think most of the times roads in Sg are so well lit people do not even know that they failed to turn on their headlights. When I was driving in Australia, the distance from one lampost to the next can easily be 200 to 400 m so its very obvious that your lights are not on. In Singapore I think less the distance from one lampost to the next is less than 100m thus some drivers not very observant to realise that their headlights are not turned on.

Furthermore, nowadays cars come with added features such as auto light on when its dark so when some drivers turn off that function they seldom realise that the light is not turned on cos the dashboard will still auto light up.

i think if i kana such drivers w/o headlight on in e similar fashion as TS, e shock will probably turn into anger, which may include 3sec highbeam from at its backside from me. -_-

driving at night is already dangerous enough. we are mostly dependg on e headlights to check out for the cars around us. those who drive w/o switching on at night ought to be heavily penalised! given e kind of accidents that can take place potentially. But of cos, ppl might say it's an honest mistake/oversight. -.-

the most bewildering thing is, sometimes u see high-end luxury cars (especially 7-series), without their headlights turned on... makes you wonder if their electronics failed or what...

some makes' dash is lit even when the main beam is not on. like the camry. so at nite, the driver may tot the main beam was on since the gauges are so bright... easily mistaken.

Gain 10 horse also no feel lah. w/o headlights sibei dangerous. was on CTE yesterday night ard 10 pm when i was tailgate by 1 black lancer with headlights off. got a shock when i saw the car so close from my side mirror... stupid driver

blame the stupid designer or the car maker!

Most of the new cars headlamp not on, but their dash board is brightly lit.

that's why they will forget that they didnt turn on their headlamp

How do we signal to the driver to turn on their headlights from our car? Nowadays most of the cars comes with pre-lit meter console so the driver might not be aware about their mistake.

Driving without lights on after 7pm is an offence btw.

The 7pm to 7am is a minimum. But we should exercise common sense & judgement. If sky gets dark due to overcast or rain heavy, turn on headlight lah.

We in Singapore is near equator, so day n night timing doesn't change much. If u live in high latitude places, the 7-7 rules obviously won't work. Places like northern Finland or sweden, you have 24 hrs daylight in summer, n no daylight in mid winter.

I like the auto headlight feature.

Although it make drivers like me lazy, at least I am less stressful when it comes to turning on or off headlights.

Dashboard will be brighter during day time driving without headlight.

With headlights turned on, it will dim off, so as not to glare drivers with bright lights during night driving.

some cars will have (low beam)headlight on lamp on their dash or all 3 status lamp on their lamp.

But it is still up to driver to monitor.

The 7pm to 7am is a minimum. But we should exercise common sense & judgement. If sky gets dark due to overcast or rain heavy, turn on headlight lah.

We in Singapore is near equator, so day n night timing doesn't change much. If u live in high latitude places, the 7-7 rules obviously won't work. Places like northern Finland or sweden, you have 24 hrs daylight in summer, n no daylight in mid winter.

Yes, turning on the headlights is useful for other cars to see us, not just for us to see the roads.

head light on , head light off is one thing

ever encounter with turn signal light on

for so long long long long

can't the driver notice blinking indicator or hear the ticking sound [dizzy]

cause their action could made others misunderstand

Last night when traveling on TPE, I was on the 2nd lane going at abt 100.

But of course that is for only 1 millisecond, after which you swiftly reduced speed to within the lawful limit.

↡ Advertisement