Is Brisk Spark Plugs Good?

Vid

I used to see a bucket of discarded iridium spark plugs when I go to workshop? The copper electrode spark plugs on my previous Kelisa showed no sign of wear after more than 50,000km?

Cause WS wants $$$. So get owner to change lor....

Actually almost every of those iridium plugs in the bin is completely usuable. Just need some cleaning and regapping only.

But how much WS earns if they regap for you? Charge you $5? Will you want to pay it should be part of servicing? So, get you to change, they earn $$$ that way.

Then engine flush.... lol..... Some WS will ask you to flush engine all the time as well. Just think how much they earn from each bottle from engine flush or flushing oil.....

↡ Advertisement

Workshop no skill to service spark plugs so must change spark plug (you paying for the spark plug change). If you are kidding with us, this is ticklish to change iridium spark plugs every 10,000km (it is like throwing money away to see if you got money in wallet to throw)

And most will buy the story because they WILL feel the difference after the servicing. But they won't know the difference comes from the oil and not the plugs.....

Cause WS wants $$$. So get owner to change lor....

Actually almost every of those iridium plugs in the bin is completely usuable. Just need some cleaning and regapping only.

But how much WS earns if they regap for you? Charge you $5? Will you want to pay it should be part of servicing? So, get you to change, they earn $$$ that way.

Then engine flush.... lol..... Some WS will ask you to flush engine all the time as well. Just think how much they earn from each bottle from engine flush or flushing oil.....

The ticklish part is many choose to after warranty period, to pay more for the sake of paying, then grumble about it

After surfing the internet, many should be able to DIY happily everafter instead

And most will buy the story because they WILL feel the difference after the servicing. But they won't know the difference comes from the oil and not the plugs.....

My car monitored 1km/L FC saving after replacing oil filter and replenishing with synthetic 5W-40 engine oil (nothing to do with spark plugs which after the warranty period, I intend to monitor until ultimate failure/COE expiry)

Edited by Good-Carbuyer

8 years coming, driven abt 160K but only changed 1 set of spark plugs.

Iridium plugs last very long, 80-100K no problems.

Wksp want to make money from plugs.

• Praise 1

Wow....

To be specific.

100+ K on previous Picnic- changed 1 set at 85K,

58K on current Toyoti_ still on stock iridium factory plugs.

All using iridium spark plugs only?

I thought one iridium spark plugs cost enough to buy 4 X copper electrode sprak plugs (copper electrode can use for more than 50,000km)?

Can share with us what unit of measurement you used to determine nology as most powerful plugs?

No he is right. Nology can be considered as the most powerful spark plug around.

Its because most of the models available do not have a resistor. They are non reistor plugs. Our plugs comes with a 5K ohm resistor (usually made of mixture of glas and metal). The purpose of resistor is to reduce EM noise. Unfortunately, it also reduces your spark power.

This applies to your spark plug cables (they have high resistrance as well to reduce EM noise).

Remove all these resistance you will get alot more powerful spark.

Of course, you may ask why bother about EM noise? Well, it can affect electronics in your car Eg. ECU, sensors etc. Adding resistance is a cheap and effective way of reducing EM noise. This eliminates the need for expensive shielding.

Tried denso,brisk,plustar,torque master,spiltfire,ngk,ows but most powerful plugs for NA is still nology.

Be careful, you may screw up your electronics if they are not properly shielded.

Neutral Newbie

lol no worries i installed more than 70 sets of nology plugs and cables for my club members le np at all [flowerface] and best all very happy after installed.

Life span of the plug is 30k but with nology cable ,the life span will be even shorter and cut to about 20k.But all steady cos they want speed and power.

if u playing hi end sound system it will hv aeroplane sound and tuning too lean better dun try.

as for screw up electronices no issue at all i have 12 grounding points included for ignition coil. My car CCA now is 1700 kekeke.

Edited by Eds

All iridium plugs

Not that I have a choice of plugs when I buy car.

2 sets came with car right?

One set change at 85K, or my car's plug only removed once.

Neutral Newbie

No he is right. Nology can be considered as the most powerful spark plug around.

Its because most of the models available do not have a resistor. They are non reistor plugs. Our plugs comes with a 5K ohm resistor (usually made of mixture of glas and metal). The purpose of resistor is to reduce EM noise. Unfortunately, it also reduces your spark power.

This applies to your spark plug cables (they have high resistrance as well to reduce EM noise).

Of course, you may ask why bother about EM noise? Well, it can affect electronics in your car Eg. ECU, sensors etc. Adding resistance is a cheap and effective way of reducing EM noise. This eliminates the need for expensive shielding.

Ya cos currently in market think only nology plugs are without resistor.I tested it in workshop and it gives the brightest and strongest spark.

Can share with us how you measure the spark plug power?

Ya cos currently in market think only nology plugs are without resistor.I tested it in workshop and it gives the brightest and strongest spark.

Can share with us how you test and what unit of measurement you used?