To the parents of the little gal in dark blue pinafore...

Phluvcat

you probably stay in the private apartment, condo or landed in West Coast. This happened at about 8pm this evening on a wet road, after I had made a right and then left turn into the smaller Pasir Panjang Road, about to go past the 2 buses which had stopped in the bus bay.

Your daughter was happily skipping out in front of the first bus when I was barely two metre away from the front of the bus. I took about 3m to totally stop the car at about 40km/h, 1.5m of my reaction time and 1.5m of skidding distance. I do not have ABS, BBK and super grippy tires on my old ride. I am not driving an F1 car that can come to a stop in 2m from about 70km/h. Nor can I foresee a kid in a supposedly good school (well at least we always touted our educational system is world class) can be so stupid and reckless, and inconsiderate.

The fortunate thing is that she stopped and retraced back her steps in time cos I only managed to stop about 1.5m after the bus. Kudos to her agility. At that kind of speed and probable impact, most likely she will survive, maybe live with some scars or disability. Good thing also that the lorry behind did not rear-end me as lorries generally accelerate slower.

Please, apart from academic excellence, please teach your kid the other part of surviving in the city. The world is not her playground, the road is not her playground.

In the event something happened, I have a lot of witnesses on my side. When I skidded to a stop, a lot of them were looking in the direction of your daughter (yes that kind of jury look), who happily just walked away and continued crossing the road as if nothing happened.

Please, next time she might be not be so lucky. Dun wait for next time, teach your daughter how to look out for herself and cross the road safely.

I took some time to cool down before I pen this else I can guarantee you the length of expletives that will make the Titanic look more like a short commercial. I already had a rough day on the road, in the jam, giving way to people and end up others do not give way to me. I should stop being a nice guy so often.

Best part is, who caused the huge jam from Tiong Bahru to Outram Road? One police scooter parked on the slow lane of the road for no apparent reason...to the officer...F*** U!!!

God bless all and to your daughter especially.

* expletive count: 02 *

↡ Advertisement

you probably stay in the private apartment, condo or landed in West Coast. This happened at about 8pm this evening on a wet road, after I had made a right and then left turn into the smaller Pasir Panjang Road, about to go past the 2 buses which had stopped in the bus bay.

Your daughter was happily skipping out in front of the first bus when I was barely two metre away from the front of the bus. I took about 3m to totally stop the car at about 40km/h, 1.5m of my reaction time and 1.5m of skidding distance. I do not have ABS, BBK and super grippy tires on my old ride. I am not driving an F1 car that can come to a stop in 2m from about 70km/h. Nor can I foresee a kid in a supposedly good school (well at least we always touted our educational system is world class) can be so stupid and reckless, and inconsiderate.

The fortunate thing is that she stopped and retraced back her steps in time cos I only managed to stop about 1.5m after the bus. Kudos to her agility. At that kind of speed and probable impact, most likely she will survive, maybe live with some scars or disability. Good thing also that the lorry behind did not rear-end me as lorries generally accelerate slower.

Please, apart from academic excellence, please teach your kid the other part of surviving in the city. The world is not her playground, the road is not her playground.

In the event something happened, I have a lot of witnesses on my side. When I skidded to a stop, a lot of them were looking in the direction of your daughter (yes that kind of jury look), who happily just walked away and continued crossing the road as if nothing happened.

Please, next time she might be not be so lucky. Dun wait for next time, teach your daughter how to look out for herself and cross the road safely.

I took some time to cool down before I pen this else I can guarantee you the length of expletives that will make the Titanic look more like a short commercial. I already had a rough day on the road, in the jam, giving way to people and end up others do not give way to me. I should stop being a nice guy so often.

Best part is, who caused the huge jam from Tiong Bahru to Outram Road? One police scooter parked on the slow lane of the road for no apparent reason...to the officer...F*** U!!!

God bless all and to your daughter especially.

* expletive count: 02 *

Poor child abandoned by parents to fend for herself as if she is an orphan?

↡ Advertisement