Panel beating and respray

Alvinnoob

Neutral Newbie

I've one recommendation but it's at sin ming. Had a pretty nasty knock last year. Dunno which idiot dent my door. it's quite deep and bigger than my fist. Went to a famous shop there and quote me $280 and 3 days. Doesn't seem to be interested and went back to polish their Beemer and Benz before i can ask further qns. Thinking they are not interested in my humble jap ride, i went to another shop and ask. Was quoted $180 and 2 days. After some persuasion, he promise to get it done in a day. So i sent my ride over the next day after work and collect it the evening after next. The boss even clean thw whole car (exterior only) himself. He told me if the paint cracks, i can go back to him for touch up foc. [thumbsup] for service.

Quality wise, so far so good. Putty nvr drop off, paint nvr crack. But mind you, putty will take some time to cure. It shrinks when fully cure, so if the putty is not fully cure before paint is apply. The paint will crack after some time.

Hi bro stratovarius, mind sharing the shop name n address tat u did ur repair?

↡ Advertisement

I've one recommendation but it's at sin ming. Had a pretty nasty knock last year. Dunno which idiot dent my door. it's quite deep and bigger than my fist. Went to a famous shop there and quote me $280 and 3 days. Doesn't seem to be interested and went back to polish their Beemer and Benz before i can ask further qns. Thinking they are not interested in my humble jap ride, i went to another shop and ask. Was quoted $180 and 2 days. After some persuasion, he promise to get it done in a day. So i sent my ride over the next day after work and collect it the evening after next. The boss even clean thw whole car (exterior only) himself. He told me if the paint cracks, i can go back to him for touch up foc. [thumbsup] for service.

Quality wise, so far so good. Putty nvr drop off, paint nvr crack. But mind you, putty will take some time to cure. It shrinks when fully cure, so if the putty is not fully cure before paint is apply. The paint will crack after some time.

famous shop? is it yew lip?

famous shop? is it yew lip?

[laugh] Bingo! no offense to fans of them. The other time i went they are quite busy. quite a few mb and beemers wip. It's around last year cny too, so probably alot of rush jobs. And i went there recree after work, around 6plus.... so most of the shops are closed. those are still open are filled with cars under repair...

Neutral Newbie

had my ride repaired and painting @ Kereta Services located at kaki Bukit. U guys can arrange a time for them to pick up for repair and deliver when its done! [bounce2]

Click here for contact : Visit My Website

Which days after the Chinese New Year would the workshops usually be opened? Would there be additional charges (just like barber) if one visit them for a repair during the first 15 days within the Chinese New Year period?

hi bros,

rear bumper got hit into rails while reversing.. KL lor... the surface got cracks. I guess have to respary the whole rear bumper. Got distortion also.. any bros can share any similar experience with repairing it? Just wanna know what's the damage.

Thanks in advance. Cheers

$150 for full respray of bumper assume no need to take our bumper. Just done mine

Edited by Amazon777

$150 for full respray of bumper assume no need to take our bumper. Just done mine

hi bro,

thanks. that's for a respray yeah? any idea for repairing dents and cracks?

or the 150 includes them too. keke

cheers

Neutral Newbie

hi guys,

Anyone can advise me the estimated cost to repair the dent shown below?

2hn9idv.jpg

w6tn3o.jpg

2928xe8.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Raydon

Hi All,

1st of all please pardon me for hijacking this thread as I haven't clock enough posts to start a new thread.

The right-side of the rear bumper on my i30 was dislodged by parking lot pavement when i tried to move out with rear passengers. Other than that, the loop for securing the bumper to the body also broke, rendering the securing screw useless. I have since pushed the bumper back in place, but the gap between the bumper and body is now slightly bigger than the left side.

My question is where/how can i get this fixed and what kind of $damage should I expect? I am also thinking of removing the rear lip (yes... i have a bodykit...) and respraying the whole bumper to prevent the same thing from happening and fix some deep scratches while i'm at it.

Thanks in advance for any helpful input.

Neutral Newbie

hi,

if the part just below the door is dented, possible to push back? or need to replace the hole piece since that part is quite thin. wonder if the fibreglass will break if push back..

Neutral Newbie

hi,

if the part just below the door is dented, possible to push back? or need to replace the hole piece since that part is quite thin. wonder if the fibreglass will break if push back..

this is wat happen to my ride..

Need some help here on how much does it cost to repair damage to my ride due to my carelessness :S

1) front left bumper

bumper1.jpgbumper3.jpgbumper2.jpg

my guess is this should be +/- $200 for a putty + spray paint job based on what i read of similar cases in this forum.

2) left side below door

side1.jpgside2.jpgside3.jpgside5.jpgside4.jpg

this is the one that I really need help on. Possible to push out the dented part, putty and spray paint back? roughly how much will it cost?

Thanks in advance to any advice or suggestions!

this is wat happen to my ride..

Need some help here on how much does it cost to repair damage to my ride due to my carelessness :S

1) front left bumper

my guess is this should be +/- $200 for a putty + spray paint job based on what i read of similar cases in this forum.

2) left side below door

this is the one that I really need help on. Possible to push out the dented part, putty and spray paint back? roughly how much will it cost?

Thanks in advance to any advice or suggestions!

dude... wat happened to ur avante?