2011 VOLVO S60

Yahgo22

ya

someone posted NCAP results of a 2001 s60 and said it was only 4stars... Then he was trying to correct that guy,

oh well... everyone sees what they want to see. Anyway, 4-star during the 2001 EuroNCAP era was the highest rating possible at that time. 5-star was only added years later when the side pole crash test was implemented.

By the way, anyone had any encounter with city safety? is it useful in our lion city?

i just saw that Volvo almost doubled its sales of cars in Feb compared to Jan, the highest % increase a,ong the top 6 brands sold in 2012 to date

↡ Advertisement

the other aspect.. what about maintenance and parts costs, which is more expensive?

i have seen many old 'masterpiece' type e200 running on the roads, but not similar aged volvo, bmw or audis.

does it mean the merc is cheaper to run in those aspect?

i'm thinking perhaps i'll get one merc to drive when i grow old like those ah peh driving those masterpieces [laugh]

It could be just due to the law of large numbers, more merc than volvo, so even if a same % of old volvo are remaining on the roads as merc, the absolute number of old merc will be higher.

Moreover, i don't think volvo age gracefully compared to the merc. some pre-facelifted volvos r really "retro"

oh well... everyone sees what they want to see. Anyway, 4-star during the 2001 EuroNCAP era was the highest rating possible at that time. 5-star was only added years later when the side pole crash test was implemented.

By the way, anyone had any encounter with city safety? is it useful in our lion city?

i just saw that Volvo almost doubled its sales of cars in Feb compared to Jan, the highest % increase a,ong the top 6 brands sold in 2012 to date

True, Year 2000s Volvo S60 and BMW 5 series are all 4 Stars NCAP rated only.

anyway for the owner of this vehicles, congrat u coz ur car was intro by the taiwanese media... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Rezorn86

Volvo is cheap compared to its peers.

Heard Volvo has jerky gear box, if this is solved completely, it will be a good buy.

Volvo is cheap compared to its peers.

Heard Volvo has jerky gear box, if this is solved completely, it will be a good buy.

Value for money would be a better word (compared to other similar cars at the current market situation), especially if the buyer values safety and comfort over luxury and brand

the dual clutch transition is smooth, though the sound of the engine is quite loud at above 3k rpm.

Value for money would be a better word (compared to other similar cars at the current market situation), especially if the buyer values safety and comfort over luxury and brand

the dual clutch transition is smooth, though the sound of the engine is quite loud at above 3k rpm.

Volvo and Ford shares the same gearbox and engine. For 1.6T Volvo, u can get a 2.0T Ford. I have tested both, but Ford won me over due to the excellent power delivery, smoothness n $10k cheaper. Much bigger in size too (S60 vs Mondeo). Ford has a lower OMV though.

Btw, Ford and Volvo used to be from the same factory in Belgium before the Chinese bought over Volvo, I think.

Volvo and Ford shares the same gearbox and engine. For 1.6T Volvo, u can get a 2.0T Ford. I have tested both, but Ford won me over due to the excellent power delivery, smoothness n $10k cheaper. Much bigger in size too (S60 vs Mondeo). Ford has a lower OMV though.

Btw, Ford and Volvo used to be from the same factory in Belgium before the Chinese bought over Volvo, I think.

Yup. Totally agree. Between Ford and Volvo, I don't see any badge difference, especially when getting the saloons. SUV wise, for XC60, of course have road presence and image, but since we're talking about the S60 here..... It doesn't matter whether it's a S60 or Mondeo.

But some people may not need such a large car like the Mondeo or something so powerful (2.0 Turbo 240bhp), so the S60 T4 should suffice for them.

In any case, I'm still seeing so many C180K 1.6 SC on the road VS Volvo S60 even since its launch. The Facelifted C180K came after the S60..... And I've only seen a handful V60 T4 on the road nia.....

In our local eyes, BMW and Mercedes (actually as with around the world) are still more desirable than Volvo....

Supercharged

It doesn't matter whether it's a S60 or Mondeo.

priest lah, the interior design/quality/comfort is a world of difference,

and then there are more safety features in S60.

but steering feel and maybe handling,

acceleration and probably fuel-economy (due to lighter weight),

Mondeo wins.

(edited)

Anyone tried to experiment with the City Safety feature? How to test it safely? :)

go volvo showroom ... last yr when I tested the XC60, SE brought us to the "backyard" where there was a XC 60 setup with a wall. SE drove while we sat in it. She demo the city safety feautre. it stopped in time ...

Edited by MrolexB

Just had my 1st City Safety auto-braking experience at Marina Square car park gantry when exiting, apparently the "third eye" calculated that my car is traveling too near/fast towards the barrier, so it auto-braked.

Feels like someone pulling the hand-brake hard and the car is like drawn closer to the ground with a loud braking sound.

Good to know that the "third eye" is watching over me/the car constantly :-)

priest lah, the interior design/quality/comfort is a world of difference,

and then there are more safety features in S60.

but steering feel and maybe handling,

acceleration and probably fuel-economy (due to lighter weight),

Mondeo wins.

I think the S60 entry level safety features is not much more compared to the Mondeo. Dun think the difference is that much.

Oh u like this city-safe feature? My 1st encounter was also at the carpark auto barrier. A few other instances in different scenarios experienced after that. Now I disable it every single time I start engine... Too sensitive in my opinion, may cause unnecessary accidents(someone rear-ending u)...

Oh u like this city-safe feature? My 1st encounter was also at the carpark auto barrier. A few other instances in different scenarios experienced after that. Now I disable it every single time I start engine... Too sensitive in my opinion, may cause unnecessary accidents(someone rear-ending u)...

City Safety will only kick in when accident is inevitable, and the driver is not "actively" driving, determined by many factors, such as steering, braking, acceleration etc. I would personally leave it on, it's something that one may think is redundant and irritating some of the time, but when an accident occurs which would have been avoided with city safety switched on, one will think otherwise.

If my city safety is frequently triggered, i would consider driving more carefully/conservatively, especially our loved ones on board.

But i agree that volvo should have made it possible for drivers to turn off city safety permanently, for those who are needs to drive aggressively and are able to handle such situations well.

BMW is the Ultimate Driving Machine, of course its road handling must be top notch, i dun think volvo is even thinking about competing in that aspect, just need to be decent in that aspect can already. Safety is their fundamental concern.

Recently launched V40 even comes with pedestrian airbags outside of the car... I find it abit ridiculous, but with deeper thoughts, it makes financial sense, even if we don't care about pedestrians' safety, we don't want trouble and hassle associated with injuring pedestrians, even if it's their fault.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi guys

i will suggest you are visit http://www.autoparts-bazaar.com/make/volvo.php

and choose different types of volvo car 2011 and his original car accessories

this is better option to choose your own likely volvo car accessories

2011 Volvo S60 Priced at $38550 volvo s60 accessories

Edited by Amitshahabv
↡ Advertisement