Sick of all those jokers who say volunteers dont have rights

Cerano

Quite ridiculous right?

I quote from stomp

ChinaSeenStompCN said on 28 Sep, 2010 Report as offensive

KAO PEI LAH!

Naive young people.

IF YOU WANT TO VOLUNTEER, THEN PLEASE, DON'T HOPE FOR ANYTHING IN RETURN.

IF YOU WANT SOMETHING IN RETURN, YOU DON'T CALL THAT VOLUNTEER WORK, YOU CALL THAT A JOB. AND YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE VOLUNTEERED IN THE FIRST PLACE IF YOU HOPE FOR ANYTHING.

UGLY FAKE VOLUNTEERS, GO CHECK DICTIONARY FOR THE MEANING OF "VOLUNTARISM" before you all cry father cry mother here!~!!

Edited by Cerano
↡ Advertisement

Quite ridiculous right?

I quote from stomp

KAO PEI LAH!

Naive young people.

IF YOU WANT SOMETHING IN RETURN, YOU DON'T CALL THAT VOLUNTEER WORK, YOU CALL THAT A JOB. AND YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE VOLUNTEERED IN THE FIRST PLACE IF YOU HOPE FOR ANYTHING.

UGLY FAKE VOLUNTEERS, GO CHECK DICTIONARY FOR THE MEANING OF "VOLUNTARISM" before you all cry father cry mother here!~!!

Hey I thought that was what I'd said, copy my lines .... :angry: :angry:

Neutral Newbie

well, it can be put across this way,

IF YOUR COMPANY IS NOT WILLING TO PROVIDE THE BEST YOU CAN FOR YOUR VOLUNTEERS, THEN FOR f--k ASK FOR VOLUNTEERS?

hell, volunteers DESERVE gratitude

Quite ridiculous right?

I quote from stomp

KAO PEI LAH!

Naive young people.

i totally agree with you. sometimes it makes me angry reading these kind of responses.

some of the stompers are simply idiots

Deserve is one thing. Earning it is another. When volunteering, any freebies given out are non-guaranteed.

that is another issue.

but im just sick of those jokers who cower behind their com screens and tell those people who voice out saying "who ask you volunteer, you asked for it"

that is another issue.

but im just sick of those jokers who cower behind their com screens and tell those people who voice out saying "who ask you volunteer, you asked for it"

That's no my line :D

that is another issue.

The problem I see with most of our volunteers it that they are 'volunteered' aka arrowed. Then, there is the issue of perceived biasness coupled with in-born kiasuism. Result is a group of aggrieved volunteers.

Nothing wrong with volunteering, I would, as long as they get those pompous a--holes outta way and stop claiming the frikkin' credits for themself.

The problem I see with most of our volunteers it that they are 'volunteered' aka arrowed. Then, there is the issue of perceived biasness coupled with in-born kiasuism. Result is a group of aggrieved volunteers.

Nothing wrong with volunteering, I would, as long as they get those pompous a--holes outta way and stop claiming the frikkin' credits for themself.

for me, its more of seeing our volunteers suffering and all after working fking long hours for some fking unreasonable people and this without pay.

then these a-----es act all self-righteous even though they didnt have the balls to volunteer at the start

i did a flag day last week, OTOT one..

end of the day, no paid etc,end up makan at 4+ coz i stated 11+..see 1 auntie doing herself from 8am she told me,wah 3 full cans! i respected her fully!

but i heard a v interesting comment when 2 guys smoking at a corner when i was nearby..

they siad,this guy volunteered one,after smoke,go helped him..wah,i dun noe how to describe the feeling...

end of the day,if really wana do,dun expect anything in return..even for what purpose,muz know why we wana do first..thats why i choose which to do instead..

if kana arrowed etc..this i nothing to say

Edited by Freestylers09

Neutral Newbie

I heard some pupils were forced to volunteer for YOG... like that don't at least have a good thing to happen to them?! Just plain rice with little bits of corn, long beans and piece of meat?! They don't have the nutrition to work for the rest of the day! At least give them something to feel that YOG wasn't so bad!

I believe many are forced to go so its normal they expect something in return.

Since there is the intention of giving the tickets so why cant they do it slightly earlier and not waste the ticket like it is now.

for me, its more of seeing our volunteers suffering and all after working fking long hours for some fking unreasonable people and this without pay.

then these a-----es act all self-righteous even though they didnt have the balls to volunteer at the start

Agree on the balless whiners. ^_^

The whole issue of recognition, reward, award etc is more of a benefit to the organisers. This encourages more volunteers to step forward in future events, making it easier to recruit volunteers.

Sadly, as most 'volunteers' in Singapore are arrowed, they don't have much choices but to participate. Most of these people come from schools, SAF, Unions, RCs, GLCs and Stat boards and to unvolunteer is no an option or career suicide.

Knowing this, the organizers fully exploits the volunteers situation, treating them as cheap labour and providing minimum support. That is why most people avoid voluteering for Govt linked events. There is no or little incentive to provide for the welfare of volunteers as there is a neverending supply of meat for the grinders. <_<

its realli volunteer basis meh ?

think now even for flag day..u have to hit quota..

if ur tin can is not heavy enough..it will affect school grades..

can anyone confirm this ?

there is a thin line between volunteer and slave.

some do to get close with celebrities, some do to get famous, some do for freebies and more.

while some are just purely volunteering but end up, treated like a slave.

↡ Advertisement