C&C Mitsubishi Charges S$1300 For Timing Belt Replacement!

Rogersk8ter

Neutral Newbie

My mit grandis hit 100k. call c&c was quoted $1300(after 25% discount [sweatdrop] ) for timing belt, water pump, seals, etc.

Im going to buy parts from stockists and head to JB w/s. [idea]

Anyone suggest a gd w/s in JB?

tks.

I got this quote from autosavers for a Edix 1,7 belt change. Seems pretty reasonable to me, you could check if they service mutsubishis

Timing Belt $75.00

Belt Bearing (not Original) $90.00

Water Pump $150.00

Fan Belt (Single) $25.00

Fan Belt (Double) $35.00

Workmanship $180.00

Total $555.00

↡ Advertisement

I got this quote from autosavers for a Edix 1,7 belt change. Seems pretty reasonable to me, you could check if they service mutsubishis

Timing Belt $75.00

Belt Bearing (not Original) $90.00

Water Pump $150.00

Fan Belt (Single) $25.00

Fan Belt (Double) $35.00

Workmanship $180.00

Total $555.00

looks good. but do take note that the belt bearing isn't original. [;)]

pity AS is quite far from my place.. in future to come when i move to TPY, might even give them a try? till then, i am still a RV convert.. haha.

Edited by Weixiang_2008

that's good.. for me, i live in AMK. going to JB just for servicing is like omg. Likewise, RV always solve my problems and helps me to save as well... heehee... i know quite a number may not agree. Of coz, RV can never be a cheap as JayBee.

Bro. where is RV ?

Hi bro/sis,

hv spoken to 3 JB mech today on the phone. Got their contacts from some other car forums.

to my suprise, they sounded pretty confident and knowledgeable abt mit grandis.

asked them if they know how since this make is not common in MY. they said many SG grandis owners

sent their car for repair/service in JB. they even assured me part for this car is easily available.

i tested them by asking technical qns like if they would replace the tensioner. they were able to answer correctly.

i read alot about timing belt and water pump replacement so i know in theory what needs to be done, what to

look out and what will happen if not properly done.

basically, changing timing belt is actually not difficult if u are a car mech. it a 2-3hr job.

their labour charge from MYR$150-250. my parts cost abt s$250. so all probably cost s$300+ all in including my S$27 c-----e

oil change.

the lowest quote i get from local w/s abt s$500+. i may not save alot. but im willing to explore and know my options

when the needs arise.

why dun you try RV... they will also honour their services and give some form of warranty within a stipulated period.. i tot my 80k servicing at RV $760 was reasonable, considering a number of items were changed.

maybe you can give RV a call, look for Vincent. He is the boss..

Wow that was expensive 80K compared to SGD 295 from Autosaver

My mit grandis hit 100k. call c&c was quoted $1300(after 25% discount [sweatdrop] ) for timing belt, water pump, seals, etc.

tks.

this is nothing la..I paid $ 1500 for my older car during the 120k servicing. Actually it is around $1000 I think, but I ask them to change a few more things.

Quite a sum of money but I get a peaceful mind. My car has never broke down in the last 7 years. All AD servicing only. The car was so good that I couldn't find any reason to sell it off. So I ended up buying another new car without selling this old one. Just could not bear to sell the old one.

Why skimp on something where the safety of your life and your family lives depends on it? Is your life worth less than 1300?

My brother is a car dealer in JB with his own business. Till today, he has never recommended me to service my car in JB considering he knows most of the mechanics there. Whenever I ask him, he just say do it in Singapore.

Edited by Icedbs

Items like drive shaft assembly, alternator stuff, brakes are never been in service package, they are replaced when it is spoilt or worn beyond service limit. Considering 80K to replace alternator is quite uncommon for Japanese cars.

No point safe a few hundred for warranty and parts.

Honestly, car safety is important.... I mean if your JB workshop screwup your timing belt, the repair cost would be 10x what u pay to C&C.

I agree. Timing belt servicing is a major part of the car servicing interval.

Advisable to do it at a local workshop.

If not done properly, the cost of repair is much much higher than the timing belt servicing package.

Hi bro/sis,

hv spoken to 3 JB mech today on the phone. Got their contacts from some other car forums.

to my suprise, they sounded pretty confident and knowledgeable abt mit grandis.

asked them if they know how since this make is not common in MY. they said many SG grandis owners

sent their car for repair/service in JB. they even assured me part for this car is easily available.

i tested them by asking technical qns like if they would replace the tensioner. they were able to answer correctly.

i read alot about timing belt and water pump replacement so i know in theory what needs to be done, what to

look out and what will happen if not properly done.

basically, changing timing belt is actually not difficult if u are a car mech. it a 2-3hr job.

their labour charge from MYR$150-250. my parts cost abt s$250. so all probably cost s$300+ all in including my S$27 c-----e

oil change.

the lowest quote i get from local w/s abt s$500+. i may not save alot. but im willing to explore and know my options

when the needs arise.

In my opinion, knowledge does not equate good or proper workmanship.

i changed quite a few things, like drive shaft assembly, alternator stuff, brakes and others...

these ARE NOT included in AS.

wah wat car u driving? tink u kena chopped by RV...

i juz did my 80k servicing, other than the usual stuffs to change at 80k, i only changed brake pad n front suspension rubber stopper

I think some workshop like to carrot pple. No matter whether it is car servicing or parts replacement, they might tend to charge quite expensive!

I have one friend who bough a brake light bulb from one workshop, and they charged $5 per pc!

i dun think JB will be very cheap. as i know some parts are also shipped from Singapore to Malaysia. so the prices will not vary alot

its depends on which jb WS you go to

workshop i always go in JB, charges 200 ring for labour as he explained to me mivec with twin cam is more complicated. Just buy your own spare parts to go in and change.

this one I kinda agree, to change timing belt on mitsubishi engines are more complicated than changing on old engine with no variable valve lifting.

i just wonder which workshop you go in JB ?

I thought Grandis uses timing chain and there is no mention of specific service interval for that in the service manual. Is there a reason why you are having it changed?

I remembered seeing specific timing chain change indicated in service manuals for cars using rubber timing belts but not for timing chains, perhaps others can verify. Many new cars use timing chains. Corolla is one of them.

tks.

Try a well know garage in Johor Jaya Taman Seroja...

They are very well verse in Mitsu,Honda,BMW & etc...

Yes sporean driving bmw also go there to service & etc...

Workmanship is much more better & price much more not a chop head price like local...

Pm me i give u the contact:)

Neutral Newbie

Hi, Forget about JB and find someone in Singapore where the price is easily half or more of the agent.

I have scary experience where the workshop refer my galant's engine should be same as a Proton Perdana.

Beware.

Anyway, over the past years, I have changed all 3 Mitsubishi (2 Lancers & 1 Galant) Timing belts outside the agent and all have no issues.

The last change for my Galant was half year ago in AMK Autopoint.

Do some search on web and you should get a good deal.

↡ Advertisement